Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,961 times)

WeaN

WeaN

Game is really easy, even on Hard... standard aliens aren't much of a threat up close, which kind defeats the purpose - they need several hits to kill you, and before they do you have ample time to either melee (which actually works) or point blank shotgun, as there's close to no acid damage. Even alien corpses.
Shotgun is also very overpowered, as it has sick range and you can easily kill one of them with 2 shots, at worst. Even at a distance.
Human ennemies are more challenging indeed, but I ain't playing an Aliens game to fight humans... Chapters 2 and 3 really were a chore to go through (95% of ennemies are human).
Lurkers are the more interesting foes, as they actually try to hide and flank instead of (slowly) going up to you like standard ones (Drones). But even they aren't really a challenge, as even when they get up close and grab you it doesn't mean instant death - you can mash X and push them away, rinse and repeat.

Ambiance wise the game really picks up by Chapter 4, in my opinion that should have been the beginning of the game.

WinterActual

WinterActual

In how many chapters exactly we are encountering a human enemies? If they are present in just 2 chapters its not that much of a deal I suppose.

WeaN

WeaN

I'm at Chapter 6 and so far I only encountered them in Chapters 2 and 3. Hopefully it stays that way.

WinterActual

WinterActual

You shouldn't be too far away from the ending. The game is pretty short. I've heard 2 guys finished on Hardened for 6 hours without rushing or anything.

Speedy_J

Speedy_J

By the way, with all the bugs and glitches...Do we know if we're getting a day 1 patch?

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Speedy_J on Feb 08, 2013, 09:33:57 AM
By the way, with all the bugs and glitches...Do we know if we're getting a day 1 patch?

I would hope/think so. None of these early players will get it obviously until the 12th.

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 09:20:31 AM
I'm at Chapter 6 and so far I only encountered them in Chapters 2 and 3. Hopefully it stays that way.
Disregard that, I encountered more of them later on, but not as much as in the first levels, fortunately.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 09:22:29 AM
You shouldn't be too far away from the ending. The game is pretty short. I've heard 2 guys finished on Hardened for 6 hours without rushing or anything.

Damn, this game isn't even worth playing if you can beat this in 6 hours on Hardened.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 08, 2013, 09:58:19 AM

Damn, this game isn't even worth playing if you can beat this in 6 hours on Hardened.

I beat Halo 4 in like, 5 and 1/2 on normal by myself. The next difficulty would have maybe tacked on 2 hours.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Yeah, on Legendary you are just forced to retreat plenty of times, backtrack for supplies or wait for the shield to recharge itself, if I played it on Normal I'd have finished it 3 times already.

And of course if you want to get certain achievements while playing Solo on Legendary, that time is extended even further...

But I gave up on that "Bros to the Close" achievement, on Legendary Solo I always lost 1 guy at worst...If my checkpoints saved tad differently I would manage to do it, but my last one when I had 6 bros was not a good checkpoint, so I decided to screw it and replay those couple of checkpoints on Heroic...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 08, 2013, 10:04:33 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 08, 2013, 09:58:19 AM

I beat Halo 4 in like, 5 and 1/2 on normal by myself. The next difficulty would have maybe tacked on 2 hours.

6 hours on Hardened sucks, can't even imagine how much less it would be to play the game on Normal. I sure f**king hope that the game is awesome with all the stuff that could happen in each level, because that is what will redeem the time it takes to beat it.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: DiabloGuapo on Feb 08, 2013, 03:28:22 AM
Based on the videos that I've seen, I like it and I'm still looking forward to playing it. Is it perfect? No, but it still looks fun. It looks no worse than AvP2010, and believe it or not, I like that game. Hammy dialoge, so what. It's no worse than any other FPS. The graphics look fine to me, then again I'm not too picky. Sure, the Alien AI could be more stealthy and acid could do more damage, but the game has to be playable. Could you imagine trying to survive a xenomorph encounter if they were like the ones from the movies? You'll never be able to get pass the first level. I think everyone set their expectations too high and are being too hard on it. I know it's been hyped up about being a "canon" game, but remember that it's a game first and foremost. I think fans would find something to complain about regardless of what's in it. Remember, it's just a game, have fun with it.

Words taken out of my mouth.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Everybody is looking forward to play it. Everybody will try it no matter what either if he rent it, buy it, torrent it, play it in a friend, steal it etc. But that's not the point.

Elicas

Elicas

Some of the criticisms are justifiably needed in my opinion. As someone who only plays single player in fps games, this means the entire game is around 6-7 hours long for me, with numerous mistakes, bugs, glitches, bad game-play and inauthenticity.

Co-Op and Multiplayer might very well redeem the game, but as I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft barge pole, it's irrelevant to me.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Feb 08, 2013, 01:25:55 AM
Quote from: Elicas on Feb 08, 2013, 12:55:54 AM
Watched the first 45 minutes or so with the Latino sounding fellow playing on youtube that Ikarop posted in the stickied video thread. He went from jacked up about playing A:CM to sighing with irritation within the first half an hour.

His complaints:

• Dialogue is hammy.
  • Textures are exceedingly low resolution.
  • Alien Wrastlin'.
  • 'Dumb' AI from your squadmates.
  • His biggest scare so far was his squadmate warping through his screen from behind.
  • Acid is ineffectual.
  • Aliens queue up to be shot.
  • Less than an hour in and it becomes a generic chest high walls cover shooter versus Weyland mercs.
  • There was too much talking and exposition rather than trying to actually get on with surviving in the Hive

It wasn't all doom and gloom however, bright points included:

• Fighting the Lurker in the nest was very atmospheric.
  • Facehuggers made him shit his little girl panties.
  • Weapons sound very good, like being in the film.
  • Motion tracker is again, very authentic.

That was about it before part 3 finished, part 4 isn't uploaded yet. I'll watch the walkthrough online to see just how bad it really is, but I've cancelled my pre-order. It looks so bad as to not even be worth pirating!

The biggest thing I noted, was how the Aliens are reduced to generic Stormtrooper status. According to his score screen on normal, 68 Xeno's down in the first mission. With a two man squad. Yup.

Extremely disappointing to read. It was the same way with the marine campaign in AVP2010. There's still hope for multiplayer, though...

tbh it sounds worst than avp2010, aliens are scary in that one and fast and hard to kill

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed