The Boys

Started by Shasvre, Jul 17, 2010, 09:09:23 PM

Author
The Boys (Read 11,797 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

It seems like Adam Mckay might direct a movie based on Garth Ennis's The Boys. I read the first 30 issues or so a month ago and it was alright I guess. I like my superheroes a bit brighter though. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what this movie will be like. :)

The series is set in a contemporary world very much similar to the real one, with one notable exception: a number of people have some form of superpower. The series follows a superpowered CIA squad, known informally as "The Boys", whose job it is to keep watch on superheroes and, if necessary, intimidate or kill them.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=20178

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Never read any of the comics, though I wish I did, but I have been looking forward to this movie since I had an idea that was similar to this comic, until of course I found out about it. So no doubt I'd very much like to see this movie.

i've read the first 2 trades, and i like it but not as much as i liked kick-ass, which it is kind of the other side of the same coin to,

if they make it they need simon pegg, who has a pretty full movie schedule over the next couple of years.

they better nor make the whole team american! that would annoy the crap out of me.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Simon Pegg as Hughie and Vinnie Jones as Butcher, that would be perfect casting. ;D

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 19, 2010, 11:41:46 AM
Simon Pegg as Hughie and Vinnie Jones as Butcher, that would be perfect casting. ;D

nah clive owen as butcher

Shasvre

Shasvre

Adam McKay has met with Russel Crowe for the role of Billy Butcher.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=34001

"I've sat with some people. I really like the idea of Russell Crowe for [Billy] Butcher," said McKay. "We met and had kind of an interesting meeting. Everyone knows Simon Pegg can take Hughie if he wants," he said. "I don't know what his schedule is like, though."

"I'm writing completely on my own on that, so it's taking twice as long as it should," he laughed. "I am actually in the home stretch. I have about two weeks left on this draft and we're going to try and get it made. It's looking pretty cool. I'm excited about it. You really have to wait until the draft is done to get serious about it, plus it's like a $100 million, Rated-R, anti-superhero movie, so we have to see who bites on it," added McKay.

Shasvre

Shasvre

It's been a while since we last heard anything about this, but it's still in the works.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=65839

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well that's good. Still looking forward to this.

SM

SM

Love to see what they could do with this.  It's one of the more realistic takes on superheroes.

Quote from: SM on Aug 16, 2012, 10:51:26 PM
Love to see what they could do with this.  It's one of the more realistic takes on superheroes.
I don't know if realistic is the term I'd use, :D glad to hear the movie is still in development, i fell behind on reading the comic, i don't think I've read it since Butcher, Baker, Candlestick maker

xenotool

xenotool

Simon Pegg needs to be attached to this.
I love the comic book series and their " absolute power corrupts absolutely" take on the supers.
Who would be best to play the Homelander?

SM

SM

QuoteI don't know if realistic is the term I'd use

Superheores, that are also human beings and therefore susceptable to human vices and failings.  A lot more true to life than the other more fantastical superheroes that populate comics and movies.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SM on Aug 17, 2012, 11:43:35 PMSuperheores, that are also human beings and therefore susceptable to human vices and failings.

Sounds like something you could get from picking up pretty much any comic book these days. The Boys seems just as over the top as many other comic books to me, with every second character being a nymphomanic murdering psycho for me to call it realistic.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd rather see a Preacher movie to be honest.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: xenotool on Aug 17, 2012, 10:01:56 PMWho would be best to play the Homelander?
How about Mark Valley?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed