Obsidian Confirmed as Developers

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 14, 2006, 02:32:13 PM

Author
Obsidian Confirmed as Developers (Read 15,248 times)

Corporal Hicks

"SEGA® of America Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Obsidian Entertainment will create a role-playing game based on the Alien film franchise with license from Twentieth Century Fox Licensing & Merchandising. This title will be developed for the next-generation systems and the PC... The role playing game will build upon the distinctive look and feel of the original films while utilizing next-generation technology to create an entirely different and unique Alien experience.

"'With Obsidian Entertainment's development pedigree, they were our first choice to bring the Alien franchise to the RPG universe,' said Simon Jeffery, President and COO, SEGA of America, Inc. 'They are the only developer for us that could effectively combine the Alien mythology with compelling RPG gameplay to create the ultimate Alien experience.' "'We are thrilled to be working with the great production and publishing teams at SEGA to deliver the ultimate in-depth Alien experience to gamers worldwide,' said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment. 'Building an epic RPG with a license as heralded as the Alien franchise is truly a great honor.'"

I've never played any of the other games myself. What are they like?

The Ultimate Predator

Dunno, but the site now has Sega and Obsidian and Gearbox posted up now; http://www.sega.com/aliens/index.php

Darkness

Darkness

At least this game's on the PC, I suppose.

Corporal Hicks

Where does it say that.

Darkness

Darkness

In the press release.

Corporal Hicks

:D I am blind. I think I'll be getting the 360 version. I don't really want to have to upgrade my PC for games.

The Ultimate Predator

I really don't want to have to upgrade my xbox to 360.  ;D

Huol

Huol

Just keep an xbox for the next 20 years then.
It worked for the snes right?
Right?

Corporal Harrison

great nice choice. But according to how obsidian RPGs have gone in the past... the platforms are a bit more likely to be on xbox 360 and PC

Xenomorph

Man does it have to be for next generation consoles?I hope they will at least make it for the xbox 360.

Corporal Harrison

Quote from: Xenomorph on Apr 28, 2008, 11:51:51 PM
Man does it have to be for next generation consoles?I hope they will at least make it for the xbox 360.

it's likely it will be on the 360.

An-Alien

An-Alien

What other games did obsidian make? ???

Cellien

Cellien

Starwars: KotoR

Drago-Morph

*Slaps Cellien.*

Fool!!! They did not make KotoR!

They made KotoR 2.

Cellien

Cellien

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed