Is Aliens:CM that much worse, compared to Alien 3?.

Started by Pvt T.Crowe, Jan 02, 2021, 05:51:43 PM

Author
Is Aliens:CM that much worse, compared to Alien 3?. (Read 6,398 times)

Pvt T.Crowe

Pvt T.Crowe

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid.
I watched Aliens, Alien 3, and now playing Aliens:CM.  All in the same week.
It really helped to notice huge differences between Aliens and Alien 3, that felt minimal at first, but after this, feel like an eye sore. 
Aliens:Colonial Marines.
Is the game clunky?, yep. 
Is the plot "eh?" At times?, for sure.
Alien 3 has it's share of "OMG's" too though.
A creative difference in how the Sulaco should look, like the
Different cryo tubes, which takes away from continually.
An egg far from the landing gear.
So many people dipping their hands in the story that it feels off at points.
I'm not saying A:CM is underrated, but it does help Alien 3 look a little better, in terms of trying to piece a few things together.
"Stasis interrupted" is fun to play, and the Aliens do frustrate me at times in that.
So, in closing.  They both have their flaws, but they also both help the other look a little better?.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yes definitely.
I think if you mean the Gearbox project being a one star thing makes Aliens being a five star and Alien³ being a four star, three star or two star depending upon who you ask ultimately look better by comparison, then I agree to a degree even though.

"Eh. At times. Omg." -That's the understatement of the century.
Not a minute passes of Aliens Colonial Marines that's not genuinely cringe worthy (headed by a snake oil salesman) and makes the entire franchise look like it deserves to be put of it's misery, and's cooked, as Ridley Scott's suggested.

But I think overall It's trash and it's insulting to the existence of Aliens and Alien³ respectively so it does not help either film.
2014's Alien Isolation does enhance both absolutely though.

Kimarhi

ACM is straight garbage that can't even play on the nostalgia feel to give a person a warm fuzzy.

Their solution for having Hicks live was to throw another nakey bandaged guy into his cryotube. 

Putting the egg on the Sulaco without explanation was lazy, but that was lazy and dumb. 

SM

Of all the directions they could have gone to address the issues with the start of Alien 3 - they came up with something even worse.

Local Trouble

I wish I could have been here when news first leaked about ACM's premise.  I bet it was a sight to behold.

Kimarhi

If it was what it was reported to be initially I think it would've been awesome.

I remember seeing some gorgeous sketches of storyboard ideas of the Colonial Marines basically planet hopping from system to system trying to stop the Alien threat.  I think that could've worked.

Instead we got stuck on ANOTHER Sulaco/Hadley's hope story where the writers pigeon holed themselves into telling a pretty basic here we go again script. 

Drukathi

Everything related to Alien 3 becomes crippled.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Alien Isolation, AVP 1999, AVP 2001, Alien The Cold Forge, Aliens Phalanx, The RPG, such trash fires right?

Kradan

Kradan

Ok, I haven't even read the initial post but the title of this thread alone makes shit inside me boil

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 05, 2021, 02:20:35 PM
Alien Isolation, AVP 1999, AVP 2001, Alien The Cold Forge, Aliens Phalanx, The RPG, such trash fires right?

How are Isolation, AvP 2, Cold Forge and Phalanx connected to Alien 3 ?

IIRC the story wasn't the biggest of ACM's problems

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Related but directly connected? Perhaps that's a stretch in cases. But judge for yourself:
Alien Isolation's licensed under "Alien, Aliens, Alien³ Properties of 20th Century Fox" for one. 
AVP 2001's got the Runner appearing as often as the Warrior or the Drone and references Michael Bishop.
TCF's Alex White's a self proclaimed advocate of the film, a quality reflected in their own story's a cast of truly morally grey characters, elevating it above more comfortable forgettable fair in my opinion. Phalanx's Scott Sigler's not an advocate for the film but a variation on the "Runner" as opposed to the "Warrior" makes a plot central appearance changing the dynamic of the scenario at one point.

Kradan

Huh, I see

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed