Bugs & Issues

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Oct 07, 2014, 07:58:15 AM

Author
Bugs & Issues (Read 75,718 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Predboy on Oct 14, 2014, 06:24:18 PM
From the way it looks on those forums for the official game site it looks like the developers are more quick to try and ban people and remove threads asking about the issues than they are to actually address people about the issues and reassure them that they will be working on it.

Segason, working for you tomorrow, today.

This isn't really new behavior from them.

The best you can do is simply note the bug in as neutral a stance as is possible, and only check on the thread if you can repeat it or cause to happen on demand.

Flexserve

Flexserve

Quote from: Xhan on Oct 14, 2014, 08:07:21 PM
This isn't really new behavior from them.

The best you can do is simply note the bug in as neutral a stance as is possible, and only check on the thread of you can repeat it or cause to happen on demand.

Wow, that speaks volumes. It is very sad that this is expected behavior and that customers should have a "duck and weave" approach to get support for the software they purchased. How far customer service has fallen; and we live with it? Just..wow..and why?

My friend said the same thing BTW. His quote: "If it's not a Total War title, do not expect any communication or assumption of responsibility to the customer from Creative Assembly."

ikarop

ikarop

Just have some patience for now. The game has been out for barely a week and they have 5 DLCs in the making. They most likely will try to tie up every DLC with a fixes + DLC support patch. The first DLC comes out in about two weeks so they can't ignore (and probably aren't doing so) these issues for much longer.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Oct 14, 2014, 07:43:12 PM
Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 14, 2014, 07:30:45 PM
After finishing the game on xbox360 the only real problem I had was when major lag occured when I was beating a Working Joe to death somewhere towards the end of the game.
You're becoming hysterical.

Please don't do that.

ikarop

ikarop

CA posted today at the official forums that they are looking at all issues and working on a fix that they are hoping to have ready asap. For some reason the post was deleted shortly after but I guess it's only because they will let people know via other channels soon.

Taxemic

Taxemic

I might hold off playing the campaign again until the new patch. Besides, got Survivor to keep me going.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Cor they're a chirpy bunch.

Flexserve

Flexserve

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 15, 2014, 10:18:35 AM
CA posted today at the official forums that they are looking at all issues and working on a fix that they are hoping to have ready asap. For some reason the post was deleted shortly after but I guess it's only because they will let people know via other channels soon.

It's still up, here's the quote:
"Hi all,

Firstly, thank you for your patience, I understand how frustrating this is for you all.

Our development team is working on an update and are still looking into a few issues which players have highlighted. We aim to have a fix out as soon as we can.

Thanks,

-Raxir
"

I don't know if this guy is just a community moderator or a developer, but I think this is the best we can ask for.  At least they started communicating with their customers. I agree with Taxemic, I will also wait a little to finish since I've experienced some pretty bad bugs myself. On a side note, what a great time to drop in more save points..   ;)    I kid.

Flexserve out.

Reldn

Reldn

Not entirely certain if this is a true "bug" or not, but, I've been noticing that the motion tracker makes no noise at all. Perhaps it's meant to be that way, though, I thought it was supposed to beep and that the sound of it can alert the Alien to your presence.

Also ran into an interesting glitch in the medlabs:
Spoiler
Upon returning to the Doctor the dialogue repeated itself twice, and upon going downstairs where Kuhlman is killed by the Alien is when things got reeeeally interesting: The Doctor accessed the elevator then just stood there, the door opened, the Alien stepped into the room then left with Kuhlman remaining frozen at the window....Suddenly he made a noise and blood went everywhere, but remained completely frozen aside from blood dripping.
[close]

I reloaded the save and everything was fine then, but, damn was that strange...amusing, but strange.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Reldn on Oct 15, 2014, 08:19:45 PM
Not entirely certain if this is a true "bug" or not, but, I've been noticing that the motion tracker makes no noise at all. Perhaps it's meant to be that way, though, I thought it was supposed to beep and that the sound of it can alert the Alien to your presence.

Also ran into an interesting glitch in the medlabs:
Spoiler
Upon returning to the Doctor the dialogue repeated itself twice, and upon going downstairs where Kuhlman is killed by the Alien is when things got reeeeally interesting: The Doctor accessed the elevator then just stood there, the door opened, the Alien stepped into the room then left with Kuhlman remaining frozen at the window....Suddenly he made a noise and blood went everywhere, but remained completely frozen aside from blood dripping.
[close]

I reloaded the save and everything was fine then, but, damn was that strange...amusing, but strange.

Lol you just reminded me - I had the dialogue twice the first time I did it. Not the other issues though.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Literally the only issue I experienced during the campaign play through was that several times, the working joes would be playing with their IPAD things, they'd suddenly walk off and their pads would just be left floating in air.

But having completed the game, I reloaded after returning from the Anesidora in a bid to explore the station and collect the remaining computer logs. I returned to medical and went to the ambulance bay and through door that had been previously inaccessible. Inside was a small shuttle bay identical to the one you use to fly out to the Anesidora, except the shuttle here was gone. But I was still given the prompt to sit down and taxi out which I did, upon which Amanda sat down onto thin air and slowly floated out into space. The game then loaded a new section only to end up with a blank screen, though I could still bring up my inventory. Weird.

thekillergreece

thekillergreece

I didn't encounter a lot bugs. The bugs I encountered, are pretty minor, not major. So far, no major bugs/issues spotted.

1. Try do a small explosion yourself and your camera will be moved backward, finally showing Amanda's model character. Only hands and legs.

2. Samuels kills a synthetic. Hours later, returning back to the location and I see the synthetic "alive". He does animation such as idle, scratching head, like normal but you cant attack him and he will not respond/attack, no matter what, he is standing there, "alive" but ignores the environment. Was demonic scare for me...

So far, no bugs prevented me playing.

Huol

Huol

Running around for 30 minutes trying to figure out what I was doing wrong after I was told to escape through Seegson comms only to find out the elevators just supposed to be open. I guess I'm starting over?

saintssinphony

saintssinphony

Ive had this happen.  I hit the Alien with the flamethrower then it goes into a vent.  The Alien then clips/falls through the ceiling while still on fire.  The Alien seems to be able to catch me while it is clipping through the air and floor. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed