Project Prometheus Still Uncovered

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 21, 2012, 06:35:57 PM

Author
Project Prometheus Still Uncovered (Read 46,267 times)

RagingDragon

COOL.

Perhaps I'm easily entertained, but I appreciate the extra effort that went into this.  Show's they give a shit, just in a general sort of way.

As long as they put the same effort into the film itself. :D

First Blood

Would have been nice if it was something that isn't as easily viewable through the trailers. If I wanted to see a picture of the ship, I would have watched the trailer again. :-\

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 21, 2012, 10:04:20 PM
Would have been nice if it was something that isn't as easily viewable through the trailers. If I wanted to see a picture of the ship, I would have watched the trailer again. :-\
Indeed. I was at least hoping for an HD version of the awesome IMAX teaser :-\

RagingDragon

I do agree if that was all you got, a fun puzzle for something you've already seen. :laugh:

Project Blueball

Wolv1337

Thanks to more Twitter hints, password for 245409 has been cracked. It's DDM2DDM2DDM2AMAMAMBIGBIGBIGBMESMPP, (comma included) which represents Cosmic Call 2, sent to HD245409, also known as Gleise 208 and is expected to arrive there in 2040.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Call_2

This is the result:

Cvalda

First Blood

Awesome. Great look at the temple as well. :)

josh_axey

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 21, 2012, 10:41:07 PM
Quote from: Wolv1337 on Mar 21, 2012, 10:38:58 PM

Now THAT's more like it!

Indeed!

Is that person approaching the dock that Vickers(?) is starring down the mysterious "hand out and in the air" submissive person we've been pondering over? (need to find a screenshot for what I mean...)

Either way, interesting... looks to be after their first little delve into the establishment.

Quote from: Wolv1337 on Mar 21, 2012, 10:38:58 PM
Thanks to more Twitter hints, password for 245409 has been cracked. It's DDM2DDM2DDM2AMAMAMBIGBIGBIGBMESMPP, (comma included) which represents Cosmic Call 2, sent to HD245409, also known as Gleise 208 and is expected to arrive there in 2040.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Call_2

This is the result:

Awesome - beautiful shot.

Cavalorn

IMO, requiring the inclusion of the comma was a dick move, since it's not part of the signal, but a punctuation mark from the article ABOUT the signal on Wikipedia. Very small rant over. :)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

The 245409 link is very interesting, now you can REALLY see the temple for the first time, and very Gigar-ish it is too!! 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 21, 2012, 10:44:38 PM
Is that person approaching the dock that Vickers(?) is starring down the mysterious "hand out and in the air" submissive person we've been pondering over? (need to find a screenshot for what I mean...)
Looks like they've just returned from their first failed exploratory mission, with Holloway and Fifield compromised, and Charlize is pulling a Ripley and not letting them in.

Eva

Eva

Nice find - how on Earth did they figure out the password lol?

So... the first expedition to the temple comes back relatively unharmed, or they don't realize they might have 'caught' something while inside...?

Edit: This might have an 'Alien' vibe to it with Vickers wanting to know exactly what happened before they can enter, otherwise there wouldn't be any reason why they couldn't drive the vehicle all the way inside...

ThisBethesdaSea

Wow, that pyramid is almost exactly Gigers drawing. Badass.

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 21, 2012, 10:50:13 PM
Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 21, 2012, 10:44:38 PM
Looks like they've just returned from their first failed exploratory mission, with Holloway and Fifield compromised, and Charlize is pulling a Ripley and not letting them in.

Well isn't that interesting. In Alien, it's the Company tool (Ash) who let's Dallas & Co in and here its almost a reversal. Vickers, the corporate figurehead is possibly preventing them from coming in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed