AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!!

Started by Darkness, Apr 27, 2004, 04:24:33 PM

Author
AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!! (Read 20,452 times)

Jordan

Jordan

To "Majin Jekku":  Your Q's probably already been answered, but I'll summarise what little I know regarding the Bishop controversy...  Bishop, as seen in A2, was an android.  A3's Bishop II (only referred to as "II" for convenience), was presumably his creator; hence the blood.  Apparantly, according to some information on the Alien Quad A3 DVD (possibly in the commentary), Woodruff and Guiness (sp?) confirm this.  HOWEVER, as AVP is a prequel to the Alien saga, this must be wrong.  Weyland obviously resembles the Bishop android line (presumably there were others) in appearance, so they must have been designed to honour him (apparantly he's obsessed with immortality in the film).  Henrikson also confessed in some recent interview that he played the Bishop II character similarly to the Bishop android.  It could be speculated that Bishop II was merely an advanced model...  J

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

sorry bout that, of course he was an adanced model, that was made clear in the lance interview, also when he clenches his split open ear, he screams "Im no a droid!" but you can tell hes lieing, also he would be in much more pain with that big a wound, and he hardley even noticed it.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

^^ Coolios.  -Rusty Nails

Predgirl

Predgirl

To Vekin you are so sweet thanks.  To Bringer of Death thanks for checking out my site I'm glad you liked what you saw.  About my email well thats optional for my site so if you want just cleck on Predgirl above.  I only have AIM not Msn mine is kind of screwy I think, but thanks for asking.  Also did you check out the one picture I did of an Alien its looks a little different just wondering.  Growler thats cool that you do art to is some of your artwork is here or do you have a site that I can check it out.   ;)  

Growler

Growler

To Predgirl:: No i don't have any of my work submitted anywhere... yet.  I'll see what i can do when i get back from this deployment.

Majin Jekku

Majin Jekku

Thanks for the information, guys.  And, thanks for the summary, Jordan.  That clears a lot of my confusion.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

PREDAGIRL, I emailed you acouple of my pics.Just wondering it the email went through or not   ???  

zorxagg

zorxagg

:-\   Howdy there fellow Alien fans, and those of the Pred. I'm really not sure about this film, as besides the incredible first two (saw 'Alien' when 8, was in a fever, and wasn't allowed to see the end [never saw the bloody thing die]), the third and forth movies in the series went from great to bad, and just got progressively worse.  Add to that the fact that Mr. Anderson's best movie was 'Event Horizon', and that he was responsible for 'Resident Evil', and other similar hollywood cheese fests (think Resurrection with it's comedy sidekick general), and you have the core root of my suspicions. The stills and shorts look great, but remember, a great movie is a combination of visuals, sound e.t.c and most importantly, pacing; the masterfull thing that only Scott and Cameron have been able to seize so far. And they are also most likely the best individual films by these two directors. Still, I am very excited. And I have to say, I do think the pred looks alot better (always thought the Pred movies were a bit 'B+', and not quite in the same class as the straight 'A+'s' of the first two Alien films) than in the previous films, and I love the look of the Aliens, smooth skin and all. Hopefully, like the Preds, there'll be some variety as well.

zorxagg

zorxagg

Oh yeh, just a little on the Aliens.  That huge head has to contain some advanced sensory organ(s) right? Could they detect fear, as after all, they are designed to be menencing and instill terror. Also, I think Cameron did a good job with the original in taking out the sentry gun scenes, as they made them seem like dumb animals, unlike in the first film. And yet the queen, like an aircraft carrier, seems to be able to 'telepathically' communicate with her entire flock, therefore, they seemed scarier in the original 'Aliens', as once an alien died one way, say, due to gunfire, one can only presume that the rest would know and be that much stealthier as a result, right? There were hints of this in 'Resurrection' as well.  That's what I mean about the head anyway. And, although I may be biased, they do seem a hell of alot scarier than the preds, as there's nothing more disturbing than something you can't rationalize with...I think I have too much time to waste... Imagine just one Alien loose in, say, the N.Y sewers? I definitely think they'll win. And they can also create eggs... Only soldiers, en-mass, can usually take them out, and as for the preds, well, as a warrior race, not many would reach maturity, right? Anywho, enough from me for the time being. Mr.Z   :)  

Growler

Growler

to Predgirl:: Thanks girl.  My deployment is almost up though.  I'll be back in the states either the first week of june or the middle of june.  I've been here in the western part of the former Soviet Union since the middle of February.  Anyways, about the trailer issue:: the trailer might come out with the Movie Troy on May 14th if it's not attached wioth Van Helsing.  I figure Troy because it's an action movie, maybe Godsend because it's said to be a horro / thriller movie.  That's if you're expecting it to come out soon.  If it doesn't come with those films, then Galmorzu may absolutely be right about his prediction.   ???  

Growler

Growler

to Mr.Z:: New York's a tough town bro, i don't think an Alien would last long there.  NYPD, military, even the community would take a shot at killing it.  Sure some of the city would be in fear, but the majority doesn't put up with any B.S.  Put an Alien in a suburban neighborhood, then you've got a menace.  Although an Alien in a suburban neighborhood, to me, sounds like one of those cheesey teen horror movie scenerios like I know What You Did Last Summer.  Bunch of kids getting chased into a dark alley only to find a dead end and they're screwed.

zorxagg

zorxagg

Interesting Growler, perhaps right (he he), but may I add that you can alledgedly sail ships through those sewers-lots of hiding places, as well as the 'fact' that these things, in the rubbish book of the first film anyway (wriitten after the film), can rend steel with their talons. In fact that's how Dallas gets killed, by the Alien punching a whole THROUGH the airduct beside him, and pulling him through. Also, they leave no blood and no trace of their crimes, so many people would most likely dissapear before anyone really wised up to something; and that's just from one of these things. Each Alien can make an egg from a captured living host, so...not too good. And then theres the possibilty of a queen coming sooner or later, and all these infinate hiding places. Still, at least the States has alot of guns (good, er..); if it happened in New Zealand, we'd all be f...ed. I like your idea about teen-slashers; throw in a killer clown or two, freddy, batman and an alien...er,....hmmm.  Nevermind...

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

I don't think the fact about Aliens turning people into eggs is canon, actually.  If that's how eggs are made, then there's no need for the Queen.  BTW, I love those killer clowns.  I just saw that recently, and no matter how bad that movie was I still find those damn things scary as hell after all these years.     ;D  

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

just came back from the cinema shop they have a poster of alien vs predator on there window,  i just like to tell u all that most ppl that seen it was going wow thats gunna be good i even seen one girl get excited and she said aliens will win lol i mean this is grown ups , its getting really really exciting and i cant wait

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

p.s i think this will be the biggest thing since alien this might even be better than the lot   ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed