Predator ship

Started by Mala'kak, May 10, 2020, 07:23:00 PM

Author
Predator ship (Read 2,011 times)

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

Does anyone know where I could by a Predator ship model or toy?

Would be cool where you could get one where you can open the top part and see the cock pit etc...

Morose

Morose

On Amazon they sell the Neca predator ships from Predator and predator 2. They are each 30 dollars. On ebay there are the micro machine predator sets. One set comes with a one inch predator ship. They other set is a bigger ship, however it is not film accurate and costs 600 dollars! I recommend the neca ships.

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

Quote from: Morose on May 10, 2020, 07:30:17 PM
On Amazon they sell the Neca predator ships from Predator and predator 2. They are each 30 dollars. On ebay there are the micro machine predator sets. One set comes with a one inch predator ship. They other set is a bigger ship, however it is not film accurate and costs 600 dollars! I recommend the neca ships.

Ah ok thanks!

What about the space jockey ships? Do Neca do models of that one?

Master

Master

Yes, there was micromachines model of derelict, as far as I know.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Master on May 10, 2020, 08:12:03 PM
Neca also did a Cinemachines version of the Derelict.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 10, 2020, 10:09:10 PM
Quote from: Master on May 10, 2020, 08:12:03 PM
Neca also did a Cinemachines version of the Derelict.

Good luck finding one for a fair price now though. They're pushing a hundred if not more on Ebay.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Mine is in a box somewhere, I've been trying to track it down in my myriad boxes.

Not so I can sell it, I just want it back on my shelf. :(

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Although not completely accurate, I just love me the Cinemachines Lost Predator Ship.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 11, 2020, 03:05:45 AM
Although not completely accurate, I just love me the Cinemachines Lost Predator Ship.
Really? I passed on it because it's blatantly not screen-accurate. I don't even mean the front section that we don't see in the movie, if you try and line up the back section with the matte painting as seen on screen, it simply doesn't match.

Edit— see this link for reference pics: http://www.oafe.net/yo/necacinmac2lts.php

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 11, 2020, 03:27:01 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 11, 2020, 03:05:45 AM
Really? I passed on it because it's blatantly not screen-accurate. I don't even mean the front section that we don't see in the movie, if you try and line up the back section with the matte painting as seen on screen, it simply doesn't match.

Edit— see this link for reference pics: http://www.oafe.net/yo/necacinmac2lts.php

That's why I caveated it with "although not completely accurate"  :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It's just such a stupid error. They had carte blanche to do whatever they wanted with the entire rest of the ship so long as they got that ONE angle correct, and they still fumbled it. Like, come on.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 11, 2020, 04:11:01 AM
It's just such a stupid error. They had carte blanche to do whatever they wanted with the entire rest of the ship so long as they got that ONE angle correct, and they still fumbled it. Like, come on.

I get ya. And it's a very valid point. It is. But overall I still like it. And if Mark Sullivan can dig it, than hey, why not I?   :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Who?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 12, 2020, 03:55:56 AM
Who?

*cough*cough*cough* the matte painter *cough*cough*cough*

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/predator-movies/predator-2/designing-the-unknown-the-story-behind-the-lost-predators-ship/

QuoteMark Sullivan also finally revealed to Alien vs. Predator Galaxy the answer to the age-old question: Did he just conceptualize the rear of the Lost Predator Ship or did he ever rough out an entire design from front to back? Mark's answer: "I didn't do any sketches or thinking of the ship beyond the limits of the matte painting work."

However, Mark was very complementary of the creative design work behind NECA Cinemachines Lost Tribe Ship. "I really like how whomever designed it incorporated the ship's appearance in the matte shot into the shape of the model."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed