Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 14, 2016, 05:57:07 AM

Author
Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World (Read 37,359 times)

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 25, 2016, 02:53:17 PM
Well, if you're going to go down that road, it would technically be the sixth, as it's a direct continuation of the film which came before it.

I know what you mean, but on a personal level I'll always see it as a spin off set in the same universe. Only a few threads that connect it to Alien whereas with Alien Covenant, it's called Alien for a start.

Corporal Hicks

Just wait for that re-release of Prometheus as Alien: Prometheus.

Prez

Perhaps the wrong forum but could we potentially look on at Prometheus in years to come like we do with Alien 3?

By that I mean I know a lot of us (myself included) were totally pissed when Alien 3 came out but in years to follow learnt to love what is a fantastic film despite so much being against it from the outset.

FWIW I dig Prometheus - flawed as it is but it's just one part of the whole picture (yet to be shown of course).

PsyKore

Quote from: Prez on Sep 27, 2016, 11:03:33 AM
Perhaps the wrong forum but could we potentially look on at Prometheus in years to come like we do with Alien 3?

By that I mean I know a lot of us (myself included) were totally pissed when Alien 3 came out but in years to follow learnt to love what is a fantastic film despite so much being against it from the outset.

FWIW I dig Prometheus - flawed as it is but it's just one part of the whole picture (yet to be shown of course).

I guess it's possible fans could look at Prometheus in a different light if Covenant elaborates/redeems some of its mess.

From my memory, Alien 3 didn't really become more appreciated until every single movie to follow it in the franchise was gradually worse and worse, however. I hope this isn't the case with Prometheus and Covenant.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 27, 2016, 07:41:54 AM
Just wait for that re-release of Prometheus as Alien: Prometheus.

Yeah I always thought that. Let's just hope Cov doesn't get another rebranding.

Kurai

Something that a lot of people seem to keep overlooking is that Covenant isn't the final Alien prequel apparently coming and it would make little sense for Alien 5 to come out before the entire prequel series is complete.

Is Prometheus actually part of the Alien prequel trilogy? Yes it is a prequel to Alien, but is it part of the trilogy leading into Alien? If so, that means we have at least one more movie after Covenant, if not then we may have two.

How many years away does that place Alienkamp? Add to that time any projects that Weaver, Bien and Blomkamp may start in the interim... I don't see it happening.

We will get an Alien 5, I just doubt it will follow its' current trajectory and will be at least half a decade away, maybe even a full decade away at fairly pessimistic.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Sep 27, 2016, 11:03:33 AMPerhaps the wrong forum but could we potentially look on at Prometheus in years to come like we do with Alien 3?

I don't think any amount of time passing will suddenly stop the characters in Prometheus being anything but utterly moronic tools who completely sink the film.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kurai on Sep 28, 2016, 07:33:47 AM
Is Prometheus actually part of the Alien prequel trilogy? Yes it is a prequel to Alien, but is it part of the trilogy leading into Alien? If so, that means we have at least one more movie after Covenant, if not then we may have two.

Prometheus will probably be a prequel to the Alien prequel trilogy. A Pre-prequel or proto-prequel if you will.

Ridley also said that Covenant would be the first of a new Alien prequel trilogy. He makes it quite clear vague below:  :)

Quote from: Ridley ScottSo I'm now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we'll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve. When that's finished there'll be another one and then another one which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979."
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/11/27/alien-covenant-shooting-march-new-trilogy-further-details/

Quote from: Ridley ScottWhen asked if the Prometheus films will tie directly into the Alien films, Ridley Scott responded: "Yes, but it will not be the next. It will be in the next but Prometheus or perhaps even in a later, before we are in a sense back in the Alien franchise."
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/09/23/ridley-scott-talks-prometheus-3-and-4/

Quote from: Kurai on Sep 28, 2016, 07:33:47 AM
How many years away does that place Alienkamp? Add to that time any projects that Weaver, Bien and Blomkamp may start in the interim... I don't see it happening.

Well, he's busy with the Gone World script now. It's an adaption from an as yet unpublished novel by Thomas Sweterlitsch. Blomkamp is just doing the screenplay adaption, it's not his own story. And when he's done he'll direct it. So he'll probably only pick up the Alien 5 script again when they are in post on Gone World, around 9 or more months from now minimum as a guesstimate.

RakaiThwei

Might wanna add in another factor to delay Alien 5..

http://screenrant.com/sigourney-weaver-marvel-movie/

Kurai

I think Weaver could pull off an older Janet Van-Dyne easily. :)

Still... That's another two years added on to her timetable between the current vision of Alien 5...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed