Sigourney Weaver Radio Interview

Started by Darkness, Jul 11, 2008, 07:59:10 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Radio Interview (Read 15,615 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Yep

Ash 937

Ash 937

So I guess Sigourney is also saying that Alien Resurrection portrayed the aliens as "elegant" and "mysterious."    I wonder if Ridley Scott agrees about that too.

gameoverman

Guys,  ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION was made at a time when Fox still cared about the quality of the franchise.  Hiring world class filmmakers like David Fincher and Jean Pierre Jeunet.  Now, they only seem concerned to make a quick buck, by churning out the lowest quality product imaginable.  It's a big "f**k you" to fans and a great way to destroy two once-great franchises in one fell swoop.

Richman678

Well I believe that Ridley, Sigourney, Cameron, and many other old alien franchise workers are just disgusted with how their hard work was spit on with the AVP films.  It sounded to me like she was just being nice......I bet the whole lot of them would love to just cuss those bastards out for their rubbish movies.  Death to the AVP franchise and return to Alien and Predator stand along movies!

i could see fox still after all of the recomendations to stop with AVP they'll still go ahead and make another one and never touch the alien or predator seires agian.

Bob

Bob

The sad thing is that the AvP concept isn't a bad idea.  With some creative story telling and FOX willing to not be so frickin cheap, those movies could have been awesome.  When I saw that first amazing trailer for AvP R my imagination went into overdrive.  It could have been so good but instead FOX opted for a money making farce.  What a waste.  Its as if they did it on purpose.

pvt. hicks

pvt. hicks

I've decided not to be a member anymore so to Gameoverman:  "Why would I want more people to see this horrible movie?    The fact is, they won't be getting anymore money off me for any future releases they put out.  I'm boycotting any future avp movies or dvd releases.  I'll be recommending to everyone I can to stay the hell away from these rubbish movies.  I'll drum up as much negative word of mouth as possible."  That's a fantastic thing to do. I'm doing that as well. And Phantom, way to go. Nothing brings a smile to my face other than to see 'AvP-R' left in pieces, much like it left all of us in pieces.  This is Pvt. Hicks  .....signing out  ........

gameoverman

Pvt. Hicks,  It's a shame you had to leave on such bad terms.  I took back what I said about you.  But you did go a little too far.  I don't side with anyone - never have and never will.  As far as AVPR goes - if it's one thing that unites most of the fans, is the hatred of this movie..    :P  

Xenomorphine

They never hired Fincher as a "world-class" anything, back at the time! He had directed some music videos. That was all.

gameoverman

^I knew someone would call me out on that one.  Fact is, he proved his talent and he had the strength of vision plus an excellent screenplay, actors, art direction, cinematography, etc..  I make my point - he did afterwards become a world-class director, and he was when he directed Alien 3 IMO..

Bob

Bob

FOX just loves money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  I wish they would try to make a good ALIEN movie instead of just trying to make money.  The ironic thing is that if they would just pony up and make a good ALIEN movie then THEY WOULD MAKE MONEY!  Why is it so hard for them to see that?

Bob

Bob

AvP R could be the worst movie I have ever seen.  Hey Pvt. Hicks, start a website dedicated to ripping on FOX for doing such a crappy job and petitioning them to sell the rights or get their s**t together.     >:(  

brian

brian

make a f**kin!!!!!!!!!! predator 3 movie finalyyyyyyy their are 4 alien ones and 2 for predatorr.

Krisjohn

Krisjohn

Oh, please. Aliens are best when they swarm like in Aliens. The Alien in Alien was boring and badly acted. They need to be fast and vicious, not like some puzzled infant that gives people plenty of time to run away (while they stand there and look stupid).  You can keep up the mystery past the first movie. AvP didn't ruin that all by themselves, all the Alien and AvP movies after the first have been eroding it a little each time.  That said, I'd still love to see Alien 5, Alien 0 and Predator 3. Or even Predator 1715.

Krisjohn

Krisjohn

*sigh*  That was supposed to be:  "You CAN'T keep up the mystery past the first movie..."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed