What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 582,528 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 22, 2021, 12:54:23 AM
I was given verbal permission to squirt the neighbor pig when I feel like it (with water).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My copy of the new Lost Fleet book has been shipped!  ;D

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

A few pics of what I'm growing.

Virginia Strawberry

Alpine Strawberry

Musk strawberry

Fig with hood strawberries.

Cherry tomato and corn

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Looks well.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I'm told a 10 square foot patch of strawberries is too much for a sane person to eat themselves...I just finished laboring to make a 60 square foot patch for strawberries, on top of an existing 20 square feet (to be renovated), and I have not ruled out expansion.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 27, 2021, 06:11:36 AM
I'm told a 10 square foot patch of strawberries is too much for a sane person to eat themselves...I just finished laboring to make a 60 square foot patch for strawberries, on top of an existing 20 square feet (to be renovated), and I have not ruled out expansion.

You could always donate the surplus to a local food pantry.

https://ampleharvest.org/

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I bookmarked the link. I am also within walking distance of a food bank, but not in the heat at the time these grow.
I've been tending to give away excess to people I know, same thing when I grew several dozen tomato plants and couldn't eat it all. I probably should give some to a person that gives me their figs from their mature tree (because they can't eat them) as a thanks, too. Maybe make fresh jam to store away.

My strategy is to not eat much regular food or even skip it to make room for the strawberries. About 45 square feet is bucket load levels of production, and I'm at double. 8) On a side note, if these were not june bearers, you'd probably not get even a bucket on any given day even with the 80 square feet I mention, but you get sick of them because production gets drawn out to 4 months instead of 2 1/2 weeks.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You seem to know a lot about strawberries.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/strawberries

You should freeze a bunch of them and make smoothies.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I just go crazy for chocolate covered strawberries.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I go crazy for anything covered in chocolate!  :laugh:

(With this disclaimer...with the exception of insects. Though I'm not opposed to trying one)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Chocolate's my eternal weakness.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jun 28, 2021, 02:10:07 PM

I go crazy for anything covered in chocolate!  :laugh:

(With this disclaimer...with the exception of insects. Though I'm not opposed to trying one)

Not opposed? You DO love chocolate!  :laugh:

Chocolate covered bacon seems to be thing around me, but I haven't even brought myself to try that.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Chocolate cake at my place soon.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed