Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,783 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I didn't like it. Although the actor who plays the priest is really very good.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I felt empathy toward his character in Noah's Legion thanks to his acting skills. I also liked the
Spoiler
delusional religious fanatic lady. I think Mike Flanagan did an Alien's Ripley (with a villain though) by not giving so much special focus to the character who turned out to be the final antagonist at the end. Of course It isn't by any means entirely unpredictable, but it was well played since the main opposing forces were Father Paul and the "Angel".

[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The show pissed me off so severely in the first few episodes that I actually dropped it and wasn't going to pick it up again.

In the end I did, and I suppose it was worth it for some of the priests' monologues and a few of the Angel scenes, but ultimately it was already so tainted for me that I didn't get much out of it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 19, 2021, 08:06:43 PM
The show pissed me off so severely in the first few episodes that I actually dropped it and wasn't going to pick it up again.

That's interesting. What pissed you off precisely?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wire S4 E10-11

Never has municipal politics been this interesting. :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 20, 2021, 11:44:32 AM

The cat genocide (all killed in a very specific way that is essentially how I lost a beloved pet of 14 years) being treated as a vaguely unsettling mystery yet in the same breath a single dog dying being framed as a profound personal tragedy. I was furious, and even though I gave the show another chance after a lot of convincing, I'd give the writer a cheeky left hook in the mouth if I ever met him.

Kradan

Kradan

I will never be able to look at cats dying the same way ever again

Btw, a dog lover here

Stitch

Stitch

Just watched the S2 finale of Lower Decks. What a cliffhanger! :o

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 21, 2021, 07:26:18 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 20, 2021, 11:44:32 AM

The cat genocide (all killed in a very specific way that is essentially how I lost a beloved pet of 14 years) being treated as a vaguely unsettling mystery yet in the same breath a single dog dying being framed as a profound personal tragedy. I was furious, and even though I gave the show another chance after a lot of convincing, I'd give the writer a cheeky left hook in the mouth if I ever met him.

Sorry to hear about your pet. I can get how that would permeate really deep for you then.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Wait your pet passed away in a similar fashion?  ???

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yes, had his throat ripped out.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ugh, as a cat owner myself, I can't even imagine. A Pitbull just did the same thing to a cat in my area this week. Really sorry brother.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wire S4 E12-13

I liked this season a lot more on a rewatch. It still lacks a central focus, and most of what's here only barely comes back in Season 5 from what I remember, but in itself I think it's quite good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, mostly four winds up feeling like setup for a season that never happens.

That said, some of the Bubbles stuff towards the end might be the best the show ever got. Genuinely crushed me.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Scream.

It's nothing amazing but is still better than a meta remake of a meta film has any right to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed