Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jan 18, 2017, 02:24:53 PM

Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters?

Yes
No
Author
Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters? (Read 14,615 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 29, 2017, 07:31:58 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2017, 04:11:59 AMNo, I really do think the William Gibson script would of made a better movie.

I think Gibson's first draft is pretty terrible. It's chock full of the worst over-the-top Aliens excess.

His second was a good script.

I'm honestly convinced he was being sarcastic with that first draft.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 18, 2017, 06:04:08 PM
A remastered edition with updated visual effects would make it worth my while though.

:D You got to get over the idea that anyone would EVER go back and redo the special effects for this film. Accept the Assembly Cut for what it is Local. The 2003 version is the closest thing we will ever get to, "updated special effects".

FiorinaFury161

Well, they did re-record the voiceovers with the original actors for the bluray edition post 2003.

cliffhanger

i would just end the movie differently. i actually like the 'epic' somewhat 'satisfactional' music that pairs with ripley dying in the flames of the furnace,
but i would include a post-title scene that is simply a repeat of what you see in the opening; ripley breathing and panicking in her cryotube.

it was all a dream.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 29, 2017, 07:30:22 PM
Dark Horse could make a nice little series out of adapting all the unused scripts for Alien 3.

I'd say get tweeting them but I never see them respond to anything.  :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 29, 2017, 07:29:55 PM
I've seen the Aliens SE in the cinema (well, the Albert Hall) and both that and the Alien DC are always on at the Prince Charles Cinema in London, but I've never seen the extended cut of Alien 3 on show theatrically anywhere. Would love to watch it. But was it ever even made into a theatrical print?

It doesn't really matter these days with the digital projectors.

cliffhanger

i'm gonna sound stupid but , what exactly is the assembly cut?
i've seen the theatrical version and the special edition, but i haven't heard of an assembly cut before.
what's the difference?

OpenMaw

The assembly cut is on the Alien Quadrilogy. It's Alien 3's equivalent to the Aliens special edition... Though in Alien 3's case(At least on the original DVD quad release) it has unfinished sound and some additional sketchy effects. It restores entire subplots that were cut form the movie. IE the prisoner's seal Spike in the trap after the explosion, and then Golic is untied and goes and releases Spike from the Waste Containment, only to get shanked by the alien for his trouble. There's other bits and pieces all over. The entire beginning is completely different with Ripley washing ashore. The burster comes out of an Ox instead of a dog... etc etc.

cliffhanger

ah, so it's like the Director's Cut? i dunno, i watched Alein3 'DC' assuming it's Director's cut and indeed ripley washes ashore and there was an ox instead of a dog.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Chronicle on Jan 29, 2017, 11:13:57 PM:D You got to get over the idea that anyone would EVER go back and redo the special effects for this film. Accept the Assembly Cut for what it is Local. The 2003 version is the closest thing we will ever get to, "updated special effects".

They did actually use some CGI to finish off an unfinished effect shot especially for the AC. Specifically, the shot of the infant Alien running away from the ox. The creature legitimately is CGI in that shot, and it was done in 2003.

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 30, 2017, 12:14:21 AMit was all a dream.

Eugh.

I thought the dumb dream idea had died.

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 30, 2017, 10:45:34 AMah, so it's like the Director's Cut?

It's the same thing; the extended version is officially called the Assembly Cut, not Director's Cut, because the director had nothing to do with putting it together (short of his original notes being used as a guide).

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 30, 2017, 01:52:28 PM
(short of his original notes being used as a guide).

I'm shocked the poor bastard ever had time for notes.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2017, 09:23:38 AM
Dark Horse could make a nice little series out of adapting all the unused scripts for Alien 3.

I'd say get tweeting them but I never see them respond to anything.  :laugh:

Don't you have some influence?  Maybe SM could make some calls.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2017, 09:23:38 AM
It doesn't really matter these days with the digital projectors.

Exactly! I think it could easily be accomplished. All they have to do essentially is run the blu-ray version of Alien 3 Assembly Cut through a digital projector and WHA-LAH! You got Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters my friend!

SM

"wha-lah"?

srsly?

SiL

How else do you spell voila?

SM

Mon dieu!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed