Ridley admits pieces were cut.

Started by GreatKnower, Jun 03, 2012, 06:24:36 PM

Author
Ridley admits pieces were cut. (Read 31,067 times)

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: JonesTheCat on Jun 05, 2012, 10:03:14 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 05, 2012, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: JonesTheCat on Jun 05, 2012, 07:25:39 PM
Damon Lindelof should be ashamed of himself for his awful contributions to this film.

In fairness, we still don't know what the original script he worked on was like. It could have been worse.

Worse? That would be one hell of an achievement. Up until now i always thought that Cameron wrote awful dialogue, but in comparison to what we heard in Prometheus, Cameron's dialogue is positively Shakespearean.

No, you were right first time, Cameron can't write dialogue. Add Lucas into this mix too please.

Xenomorphine

Lucas isn't even in Cameron's ball park.

Cameron can write very good scripts. Some of the best stuff for 'Aliens' wasn't even in dialogue (although, a lot was); it was in the narrated stage direction. Things like specifying the backdrop of space is like God's love; distant and cold. That has an immediate impact on the reader's imagination.

I'm not saying he doesn't have his silly moments, but by and large, his volume of work has been far superior to the stuff Lucas has generated.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

George Lucas is a brilliant idea man who can't write dialogue and has become an embittered micromanager - I think many of the concepts for his mess of a prequel trilogy have some kernels of genius, these naive little space yarns or quirks that only he could think up, with the internecine, labyrinthine world-building, but he is utterly unable to execute those properly himself by his lonesome, and never has been able to.  James Cameron, for all his dust-ups, is also a brilliant idea man who can write the shit out of something, not to mention work it out practically for the shoot.  He can do everyone's job, which is why he is that arrogant.

George Lucas cannot do everyone's job, but is rich enough to believe he can, and to surround himself with people who let him think so.

r888

r888

I smell uncut version

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 05, 2012, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: JonesTheCat on Jun 05, 2012, 07:25:39 PM
Damon Lindelof should be ashamed of himself for his awful contributions to this film.

In fairness, we still don't know what the original script he worked on was like. It could have been worse.

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Saw the Collider interviewer saying Ridley first cut was 2hrs 27mins long.

melkor

melkor

Makes sense.

The final scene with the 'xeno' was probably forced in by Fox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed