Ridley admits pieces were cut.

Started by GreatKnower, Jun 03, 2012, 06:24:36 PM

Author
Ridley admits pieces were cut. (Read 30,856 times)

Space Sweeper

Goddammit. If he's not willing to release and alternate version called the 'Director's Cut', there should at least be something of a proper alternate 'Uncut' version.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 03, 2012, 08:59:20 PM
Goddammit. If he's not willing to release and alternate version called the 'Director's Cut', there should at least be something of a proper alternate 'Uncut' version.

If the deleted scenes section is in good quality, appropriate grading, half decent soud mix etc, then we're a few steps away from a fan edit at least.

Bad Replicant

Knowing how far Charles de Lauzirika likes to go with the presentation of deleted material, that'll probably be the case. I'd expect music, proper grading, polished sound effects, the works. Should this stuff be of the usual standard, I can't imagine it'd be too tricky to drop the extra bits in. That is, if somebody felt the need to (and I'm sure they will).

Vyse

Vyse

Of course hes gonna say he is happy with the theatrical cut. He is not going to do the opposite as it would affect the ££$$£$£$. I think a few months down the line, it will be BAM, I wasnt happy with the theatrical cut. Then people will be looking forward to the blu ray release of the film, again pulling in even more ££$£$£$££$.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Vyse on Jun 03, 2012, 09:34:46 PM
Of course hes gonna say he is happy with the theatrical cut. He is not going to do the opposite as it wouldnt affect the ££$$£$£$. I think a few months down the line, it will be BAM, I wasnt happy with the theatrical cut. Then people will be looking forward to the blu ray release of the film, again pulling in even more ££$£$£$££$.

Not necessarily. He really might be happy with it.

For all we know, any deleted footage might actually make it worse or more confusing. Heck, there's a certain scene right at the end which I wish had either been completely or partially cut.

Eva

Eva

I just read the brandnew interview he did with Damon. I'd have loved to see the dream scene he described with David & Weyland, but alas it was never filmed. The film could use some more interaction between Weyland, David and Vickers.

dustbros

dustbros

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 03, 2012, 07:59:21 PM
Does he mean content like gore, scares, tension, etc? Or content like longer exposition and character scenes that were cut for running time considerations? :/ either way
Here's the rest quote from the original article.

""It isn't real - I have monsters. Like the monsters in Lord of the Rings, for kids they were pretty scary but they got a PG-13 because their blood was black, that's rubbish"."

Yes, he did mention getting a 18 certificate could be less numbers but sounds like he did NOT necessarily cut Prometheus or its gore whatever.
Actually it's the reporter's words that he cut the film, not from Ridley's "direct" quote.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

This is a radio interview he did for BBC Radio 5 Live I posted a few days ago, dont know if its the same thing since Scott has repeated himself a lot, but what he does confirm (below) is there is other stuff he wanted to add to Prometheus.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=43898.0

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Bloody knew it. You can tell from all the deaths and how short they are that they were cut. Especially Fifields and Milburn. And the fight between shaw and the engineer. And Kate dickies and weylands death. Well basically every violent scene of the film has been cut I bet. Shot an 18 film and cut it to 15

RagingDragon

Sleep in peace Cvlada, sleep in peace. :laugh:

GusGavorskis

fu*k economics

Aceburster

Aceburster

How do movies like the Hunger Games where underage kids hack eachother to bits get pg13 ratings and a movie like Prometheus would have content cut to maintain a rating of R. Sounds like a load of bull to me.

Game_Over_Man

Ridley's interview with BBC's Kermode basically confirms there'll be a DIrector's Cut " Yeah there's stuff I'd like to see - never say never"

Bring it on. Bladerunner wasn't perfect on original release - infact it bombed. Prometheus needs time I think - after watching the 2D print yesterday, I'm already warming more to it.

Fifield, Milburn, Weyland and Dickie definitely suffer from cuts. Blu-Ray it is then.

Mongo

Mongo

It was already basically there between the lines that what was submitted and what Rothman and pals refused to compromise was an already compromised -- to some extent -- cut. They just didn't want to go TOO far and do ANYTHING for a PG-13.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Sounds like Ridley compromised his own film for the sake of a profit margin.  That's a shame and a far cry from his days making Alien, when scenes were merely cut for the sake of the film's pacing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed