News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,078 times)

Enoch

Wait, "...two films where I play two charachters"...

What am I missing here?
:o :o :o :o

Enoch

Enoch

Oh, yes... I forgot about Assassins Creed :P :laugh:
Great fan of that franchise also.

Justin Kurzel direcred it, so it could be good.
Game is great.

Stolen

QuoteBeen almost 2 months since I got my head shaven for a small part as an extra in the movie Alien: Covenant. I've let my hair grow out and today I've gotten it cut back into its original shape. Never again will I want to get my head shaved, but you gotta do what you gotta do to achieve your goals

And this fellow is playing an Engineer. ^^

I was trying to ask how many other Engineer extras there were and he said:
QuoteThere was around 30-50 extras

I'm not sure if he meant Engineers so I left another message saying that's a lot of blue guys and he liked the reply.

27 June on his Facebook

QuoteToday was my first and last day of shooting the film. I Had to be at the set at 5am and I was there 13 hours. It was freezing cold, It was tiring, I've had to shave my head for this role, along with me Some Other extras-have injuries from Reviews some of the scenes We Were shooting (I've hurt my foot) and I'm tired AF. Purpose gravement I can not complain. The experience was amazing, I had a lot of fun shooting the film

So I don't think we talk petrified body. Maybe they'll play (dead?) engineers.

I found the reactions of extras on this topic (same period)

Spoiler
QuoteSecret squirrel on the Alien Covenant set.
Can't wait to see the final edit, could go either way.
When you walk onto that ship there is so much that goes through your mind. So much you could possibly process.
Incredible design and set building.
How it looks in ones eyes, right up close and personal.
Amazing.
That was amazing.

Secret squirrel in my taiko tabi's on Ridley Scott's Alien universe set.
It's funny, you kinda look at everything with the eyes of a child, like when you were 8/9 years old when you first saw the film.
Everything just maps out in your brain without having to look at every single detail.
It all falls perfectly into place and so....
I can't wait to see the final edit.
That crystal clear.
[close]

Spoiler
QuoteThat really was one of the most immense incredible moments in my life. Walking on to the Alien Covenant set in my Japanese Tabi's. So f**king amazing.

In the ALIEN universe you really are working with the creme de le creme of design and engineering.

On the call sheets I love how cast names are all in full and Fassbender's reads
[close]

It was also the period when Noomi Rapace arrived on set.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 22, 2016, 08:22:43 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Sep 22, 2016, 08:18:54 PM

I think it is always a possibility, but I would think that an announcement would be made regarding same and not be left in the realm of speculation. From the gentleman's post (the extra), I don't get the impression that he knows all that much about the film's release and may have just been throwing out something he heard second-hand. Anyway, anything is possible.

I havent said that he knows anything. I ve said its curious he said that, because I heard reliable stories regarding date realise ;) They ll push the realise date, but we still dont know the exact date (maybe earlier in july, maybe in may or even march). This is confirmed news! ;) ;D Maybe they ll announceit realise date change with first teaser trailer late this year.

Would Fox really want to release it and "Old Man Logan"/Wovlerine 3 in the same month?  That seems like 2 "a" list, possibly "R" rated movies in the same month.  April "Furious 8" or whatever sequel is coming out.  Actually unless major moves happen August is easily the best month to release it.  That summer is brutal and any earlier it might get lost in the shuffle (GotG 2, Spider-Man, War of the Planet of the Apes (also Fox), Transformers, Wonder Woman, etc).  If they could move it earlier, February seems logically like the best time, like late Feb.  All that is real competition to it that month is The Dark Tower (and Deadpool proved you can have a blockbuster "R" feb debut).  September would also work.

2017 is a nightmare, I hope this doesn't get lost in the summer blockbuster shuffle.

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 23, 2016, 04:14:12 PM
I dont want to be regular bulshit-teller, but I strongly believe
we ll see some totally new type of inteligent Alien in the Covenant.
Some kind of ultimate entity.

What do you think about this guy?
https://www.instagram.com/god.hates.shrimp/

Who is he?

Second one reminds me of Ripley's facial structure.  Kinda like this image from Blomkamp without the nose bit (which could get added later):

whiterabbit

I don't know about any of you but all this "chatter" is giving me a hard-on.

Quote from: Himmelblau on Sep 23, 2016, 03:58:05 PM
Found a new Actor added to the cast list...

Goran D. Kleut

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTkyNTc3NzAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTc1NTA0MjE@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2377520/?ref_=tt_cl_t13

Look at him... Wonder who or what he is playing??
He looks like the dude that installs my cabinets. Uncanny.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Sep 23, 2016, 11:25:18 PM
So I don't think we talk petrified body. Maybe they'll play (dead?) engineers.

They obviously had lots of action scenes which caused the numerous injuries he mentioned.

Spoiler
When you walk onto that ship there is so much that goes through your mind. So much you could possibly process.
Amazing.
That was amazing.

It's funny, you kinda look at everything with the eyes of a child, like when you were 8/9 years old when you first saw the film.
Everything just maps out in your brain without having to look at every single detail.
That crystal clear.
[close]

Spoiler
QuoteThat really was one of the most immense incredible moments in my life. Walking on to the Alien Covenant set in my Japanese Tabi's. So f**king amazing.

In the ALIEN universe you really are working with the creme de le creme of design and engineering.

[close]

Already been posted by The Corpo way back in this thread.

Enoch

To keep things going in this absence of news :P

Well, Raffael Dickreuter served as  VR Experience
Previs Lead on Alien: Covenant.

Its not much, but... better than nothing

motherfather

I don't believe we'll see that 3rd image (sketch) come to life in covenant. Its waaay too much for the movie execs, and takes it beyond AVP2 in terms of gruesome gore.

You can only disfigure or maim the human form so much to create monsters before it crosses a line on several levels - not least, taste. With an Alien monster you can get away with much more exactly because its alien and less resembling the human form.

fiveways

Quote from: motherfather on Sep 25, 2016, 10:58:03 AM
I don't believe we'll see that 3rd image (sketch) come to life in covenant. Its waaay too much for the movie execs, and takes it beyond AVP2 in terms of gruesome gore.

You can only disfigure or maim the human form so much to create monsters before it crosses a line on several levels - not least, taste. With an Alien monster you can get away with much more exactly because its alien and less resembling the human form.

Does it really cross over that far?  Like beyond the possibly nudity, it really isn't that far removed from imagery used in "The Thing" or some of David Cronenberg's films.  I don't see it as all that extreme gore wise, more I just don't see it fitting the established rules of the series all that well.  Not that there is anything wrong with breaking rules and conventions when it comes to a film, but that would be a really weird direction to go it and would be an uphill battle having the fans accept it. 

Mister Skeezler

Agreed. I don't think it's something that goes too far at all, I just don't think it really fits.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Scorpio

Found this tidbit:

QuoteIn the last few years, we've seen exciting development in how we capture an image, from high-quality 4K digital cameras, stereo 3D and light field capture. An area I'm most excited about is high dynamic range capture & projection. I'm personally not interested in more resolution, I just want to see greater quality in the colours we see.

In rendering, we're seeing developments in unbiased rendering which gives you unparalleled photo-real quality. At Animal Logic we have our own unbiased renderer called Glimpse, which is simply amazing!   You'll see this software in our work for the upcoming LEGO®  films, and our work on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant.

Real-time rendering is becoming a useful toolset. We can now block out a scene, capture the results and cut these 'moments' together like live action. This gives us greater freedom to tell a story.

http://www.ausfilm.com.au/what-we-do/campaigns/60-seconds/paul-butterworth/

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The MPC Effects crew have been getting their patches -

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 24, 2016, 10:13:50 PM
To keep things going in this absence of news :P

Well, Raffael Dickreuter served as  VR Experience
Previs Lead on Alien: Covenant.

Its not much, but... better than nothing

Excellent! Gonna cross post this in the VR thread.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 24, 2016, 04:13:56 PM

Spoiler
Amazing.
That was amazing.

That crystal clear.
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Already been posted by The Corpo way back in this thread.

Thought they sounded familiar!  :P

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2016, 09:28:18 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2016, 07:08:48 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2016, 04:23:05 PM
Is that a comment on Predator fans in general?  :laugh:

Not at all. Just the inhabitants of the IMDB boards.  :laugh:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 09, 2016, 03:15:49 PM
Alright lads, we're not childish. Let's not turn this into a bash IMDB thread.

:laugh:

I swear to the All Mighty Engineers your purpose here is to just dog me for stuff like this.  :laugh:

Quote from: Himmelblau on Sep 23, 2016, 03:58:05 PM
Found a new Actor added to the cast list...

Goran D. Kleut

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTkyNTc3NzAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTc1NTA0MjE@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2377520/?ref_=tt_cl_t13

Look at him... Wonder who or what he is playing??

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 23, 2016, 04:09:37 PM
This is a photo of Anubis from
Gods of Egypt:

https://www.johndenugent.com/images/gods-egypt-anubis.jpg

I imagine he'll have come across on recommendation from Odd Studios.  He's likely playing a creature as already theorised.

Late posting this one but Wayne last week:

QuoteIt's 2am Sydney time.. must sleep .. Bit of a push on Alien Covenant work tonight...

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/778989283281477633

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 26, 2016, 08:32:36 AM

QuoteIt's 2am Sydney time.. must sleep .. Bit of a push on Alien Covenant work tonight...

An indication that possible release date change immenent.  8)

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Himmelblau on Sep 26, 2016, 03:10:06 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 26, 2016, 08:32:36 AM

An indication that possible release date change immenent.  8)

Or it was for the rumoured test screening yesterday (did anyone hear a concrete report on what was actually screened yesterday).

The other possibility is they are doing a cut to see if any re-shoots are needed. 

I'm also still convinced moving the release date forward actually helps the movie at all,  No, I have zero insider information, just the knowledge of established release dates.  Personally i would love to see it earlier but only if it helps the film perform better at the box office while still being at the quality level we all want.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed