News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 559,203 times)

Pvt. Himmel

A member named musicians son over on imdb posted a leaked info regarding covenant... It was taken down so guess it was real i was able to find out some of what he said and i will post it here:

Spoiler
QuoteJungle Setting, Backburster Aliens & Black Goo returns..

Some random guy gets infected by the Black Goo through his Ear. Then his spinecord explodes to reveal a never before seen creature which immediately attacks.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

From the looks of it he claimed to be Harry Gregson-Williams' son.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/board/flat/261579764?p=1

As always though, take anything from IMDB with a grain of salt (though it's mostly the Predator boards that are full of shit). The jungle thing can obviously be inferred from the leaked pictures and Milford Sound. We knew the black goo is back. The

Spoiler
backbuster would be new though.
[close]

Scorpio

Scorpio

A
Spoiler
backburster
[close]
would be a cool idea because a facehugger looks like a spine and a ribcage:

I can imagine a scenario where the black goo transforms someone's spine/ribcage into a facehugger and it bursts out in a gory sequence (like the spine rip in Predator almost).  Then it runs off to facehug an unfortunate victim.

windebieste

I have no idea what it is you're smoking but could you please share and pass it around? 

That would be terrific! 

Thank you.   :D

-Windebieste.

lv_226

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2016, 07:21:45 AM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 21, 2016, 05:34:27 PM
I'll admit, the prospect of him doing behind the scenes coverage for Star Wars is quite appealing. Still, at the end of the day I'd hope for his involvement with Covenant above all. I honestly think The Furious Gods was one of the coolest things to come out of the entire Prometheus production, and it would be nice to at least have another doc of that calibre regardless of how this one turns out. ;D

No doubt. I would rather have CdL working on Alien: Covenant (I don't care enough about SW for that). His work on the Quadrilogy essentially spoiled all other DVD releases for me. And that's not an exaggeration. I expect that kind of quality now. If not, I'm disappointed.

QuoteWho knows though. Whatever he's been up to I'd say it's still possible he could've had someone on site shooting for him.

Hopefully. I was trying to find out who was doing it but haven't gotten anywhere with this.

A tweet from Wayne in regards to Ridley saying Edward Hopper's Nighthawks as being an influence for Blade Runner:

QuoteRidley has all sorts of homages in his films.. A few in Covenant so far. From well known material to the most obscure!

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/778748015938981889

QuoteBeen almost 2 months since I got my head shaven for a small part as an extra in the movie Alien: Covenant. I've let my hair grow out and today I've gotten it cut back into its original shape. Never again will I want to get my head shaved, but you gotta do what you gotta do to achieve your goals

And this fellow is playing an Engineer. ^^

I was trying to ask how many other Engineer extras there were and he said:
QuoteThere was around 30-50 extras

I'm not sure if he meant Engineers so I left another message saying that's a lot of blue guys and he liked the reply.

I'm thinking that the Engineer massacre scene then relied on both actors and models (as seen in the pictures of the massacre).

Nostromo

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 22, 2016, 11:38:04 AM
I have no idea what it is you're smoking but could you please share and pass it around? 

That would be terrific! 

Thank you.   :D

-Windebieste.

ROFL, that must have been some super shit to see a lung cage with spinal cord as a facehugger, backburster LOL.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2016, 07:21:45 AM
A tweet from Wayne in regards to Ridley saying Edward Hopper's Nighthawks as being an influence for Blade Runner:
Agreed with Wayne, classical and sometimes more contemporary paintings are often a big influence on Scott's films. Perhaps the most famous:

Spoiler

Jean-Léon Gérôme's (1872) painting that inspired the look of Ridley Scott's Gladiator.
[close]

QuoteAnd this fellow is playing an Engineer.

He looks like a bodybuilder. Guess they aren't going with prosthetics this time around? Probably be too much of a job to do such extensive make-up on 30-50 dudes?

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 22, 2016, 11:38:04 AM

Nimbin cannabis

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2016, 11:02:20 AM
(though it's mostly the Predator boards that are full of shit).

Is that a comment on Predator fans in general?  :laugh:

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Himmelblau on Sep 22, 2016, 10:46:53 AM
A member named musicians son over on imdb posted a leaked info regarding covenant... It was taken down so guess it was real i was able to find out some of what he said and i will post it here:

Spoiler
QuoteJungle Setting, Backburster Aliens & Black Goo returns..

Some random guy gets infected by the Black Goo through his Ear. Then his spinecord explodes to reveal a never before seen creature which immediately attacks.
[close]

I doubt Harry himself has seen any of the movie.

Enoch

Harry Gregson-Willams is in the process of finishing the
original soundtrack for the Covenant. ;)

BishopShouldGo

Nah, I don't believe so.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I believe he said something to that effect on Facebook recently.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2016, 04:23:05 PM

Not at all. Just the inhabitants of the IMDB boards.  :laugh:

Enoch

Enoch

Believe me or not, that is a fact.

Who is the guy that plays one of the Engineers?

Regarding the subject of Ridleys homage:

remember already mentioned Arnold Böcklin, I adore this painting of his:
The Sacred Wood by Arnold Bocklin

This one is also very good
Tombstone, Arnold Böcklin

P.S. I prefer this name for new type of Alien - "spineburster".

Curious. Someone I know said they have some plans to change realise date,
but I thought they ll move it furhter into the August.

lv_226

What's the source on the soundtrack nearing completion?

Enoch

Enoch

I m the source. ;D ;) :D 8)

P.S. Just kidding, mate, but I cant tell you how I know that. Its truth!
By the way, do you believe its plausable we ll see Covenant in march?
All the big SF are schelued to realise later that year, maybe because of that they
hurried the production of Covenant and its eventual realise. I heard stories! ;)

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2016, 07:08:48 PM
I believe he said something to that effect on Facebook recently.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2016, 04:23:05 PM

Not at all. Just the inhabitants of the IMDB boards.  :laugh:

Ah. Sounds good.

Quote from: lv_226 on Sep 22, 2016, 08:07:38 PM
What's the source on the soundtrack nearing completion?

Harry Gregson-Williams' facebook.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed