News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 561,144 times)

T Dog

So did  Wayne just drop the name of the planet in a tweet?
He posted this after saying he was painting listen to American Graffiti OST so obviously he slipped it in using the DJ from the movie.

Wolfman - You callin from LV427?
Dude - Yeah, way out on the frontier..

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2016, 08:39:28 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 07, 2016, 03:53:58 PM
Quote from: Stolen on Sep 07, 2016, 03:39:17 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2016, 07:22:36 AM
Another tweet from Wayne when asked by 8th Passenger (I think?) about the originality in the film.

It's just me  ;D
http://www.aveleyman.com/Gallery/ActorsO/13162-1925.jpg

He say you Brade Runnah!

:laugh: Sorry, I try to keep track of who is who but sometimes struggle. I can't miss BishopShouldGo's super coy account though.  :laugh:

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 07, 2016, 09:39:42 PM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Sep 07, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
I'm sure he loves the attention, I bet he gets a kick out of beating around the bush as well, but I must say he's a champ for putting up with all our probing.

But seriously guys, please don't incessantly bombard Wayne with questions. He's obviously a very nice guy for responding to you all but he has signed a Non-Disclosure-Agreement which means he can't really say much about the film anyway. In fact, one slip of the tongue (or keyboard if you will) and he could even get fired. Not to mention the fact that he is also super-busy right now.

The Corporal could always ask him if he'd be willing to do an Q&A here after the film has been released provided he's keen and not too busy then.

I can't stress this enough. It's great that he's here answering some questions as best he can but don't overdo it. There's very little he'll be able to say outside of oblique responses. I will definitely be asking him if he would fancy having a chat after the film's release. I've already got a couple who agreed to this.

Agreed, incessant probing really isn't productive, plus I want to go in knowing as little as possible.

Scorpio

Quote from: T Dog on Sep 08, 2016, 12:24:03 PM
He posted this after saying he was painting listen to American Graffiti OST so obviously he slipped it in using the DJ from the movie.

Probably joking.

CainsSon

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 08, 2016, 03:37:02 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Sep 08, 2016, 12:24:03 PM

Probably joking.

If LV427 is a 'PARADISE' and no one mentioned it in the other films, that's just dumb-city.

Pvt. Himmel

Still nothing new???  :-[

Perfect-Organism

It better not be LV-427.  That implies on some level that the planet is very close to LV-426.  In which case how would it not have been discovered if a colony was built on L V426?

Enoch

Enoch

QuoteThe crew of the colony ship Covenant discover what they think is an uncharted paradise, but it is actually a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the synthetic David, survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
UNCHARTED! I believe that word is pretty much self-explanatory,
therefore I think Paradise isnt located nowhere near Zeta Reticuli.

Corporal Hicks

I feel like it's going to be nowhere near LV-426.

Perfect-Organism

Hicks, you feel just like I feel..

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 12, 2016, 08:33:27 PM
Hicks, you feel just like I feel..

Lol..

Are you guys talking about the Engineer home planet or the name of the 3rd moon. I don't think the Engineer planet is near by... It feels like it's somewhere much further..

Would it make sense to have all that armament next to your own planet?

Perfect-Organism

We're talking about the Engineer home planet, if that is indeed what that is in Covenant.  It would be ridiculous if it were adjacent LV-426, and also too much of a coincidence if LV-426 and LV-427 were nowhere near each other but had such similar numbers.  Anyone who plays the lottery would know.

Stolen

No LV-something for this new planet.
Paradise is perfect name.

Mustangjeff

I find the lack of spoilers, leaks, and newsworthy tidbits...  Disturbing...

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Stolen on Sep 12, 2016, 09:22:04 PM
No LV-something for this new planet.
Paradise is perfect name.

LV-Paradise   :laugh:

motherfather

motherfather

Im not so sure. In terms of the cosmos, I think the engineers are fairly closeby e.g. same galaxy. The fact that they have hypersleep pods doesnt suggest they have unlocked the secrets to rapid or instantaneous intergalactic travel speeds and also points to their mortality and ability to age.

I would expect that since earthlings were their creations, that engineers roam within a certain radius to check on progress and observe their creations/experiments.

The homeworld could be dozens of stars away from lv426, but I couldnt imagine they are thousands of star distances away, also taking into account the human crew lifetimes of the covenant and whatever speeds they travel at.

Astrophysicists think other solar systems also have  kuiper belts and oort clouds and planet-9 equivalents, so theres a lot of variety just in a single solar system.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed