News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 559,305 times)

lv_226

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jul 21, 2016, 11:49:10 AM
So much talent working on this film, and it feels like they're being a bit more secretive this time around.

I think you are right :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 21, 2016, 08:45:38 PM
As tmjhur mentioned, this looks like the interior of a real space going vessel, almost like a re-entry module. Maybe Ridley got The Martian's set decorators to do the space craft interiors again. There's even the old style steam gauge dials on that panel!

I am loving the aesthetic we've seen so far. Glad to see him taking it down a notch from being all smooth and holographic.

QuoteYou sure this isn't a selfie he took at the Seattle Science museum?  :P

Haha! Who knows?  :P

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 21, 2016, 08:46:35 PM
Does android hair grow?

That's a fair point. I wouldn't have thought it did but considering the point made about dying his roots...

QuoteA David head attached to some biomechanical thing could be pretty unnerving.

That is exactly what I hope to see for Prommy's David!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteCrew shirt for working under @odd_studio and @creaturesincltd, a badge of honour for me to wear proudly!

This'll be my last Alien post (maybe), it's a big deal to me to have had this experience.

Life has been grand. *there's a typo on this shirt that has since been corrected, I kinda like the typo though.

QuoteAs we wrap, we're reminded of the enormity of the project.
For me, the past 9 months have been amazing, grueling, satisfying, exhausting, thrilling, emotional, all consuming and utterly rewarding.

Personally, co-supervising the creature effects on a Ridley Scott Alien film has been an absolute dream job. I'm so honoured and grateful for this opportunity. My 14yr old self would've lost his mind on a daily basis.
It's been quite the ride Conor!

The great collaboration between Odd Studio & Creatures Inc Ltd has given us the opportunity to have met and worked with a bunch of new friends & colleagues, while catching up with old ones.

This image is featured on the back of Alien Creature Effects crew t-shirt I designed, using one of Dane Hallett's beautiful sketches.
It lists our amazing crew.
Thanks again creature team, you all rock!! xx

From the co-founder of Odd Studios.

szkoki

could someone pls edit Danny's photo? it makes me dizzy by looking at it for more than 1 sec

Stolen

Stolen

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Awesome. Making a new news post.

News post and new thread made for this topic. Please move any conversation over there. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=54976.0

Corporal Hicks

A couple of snaps of the creature fx crew from Odd Studios, sporting those snazy jackets.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Jul 21, 2016, 10:31:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 21, 2016, 05:38:41 PM
Danny McBride shares photo from set of Alien: Covenant. Earlier this morning the captain of the Covenant, Danny McBride, shared a photo from the set of Alien: Covenant via his Instagram. This image has since been shared by the official Alien Instagram.

It's a little hard to tell exactly what is going on but it would appear to be a cockpit of some variety. Given the apparently small size, it maybe the cockpit of a shuttle?

As tmjhur mentioned, this looks like the interior of a real space going vessel, almost like a re-entry module. Maybe Ridley got The Martian's set decorators to do the space craft interiors again. There's even the old style steam gauge dials on that panel!

You sure this isn't a selfie he took at the Seattle Science museum?  :P

This goes well with my theory that the Covenant is old tech :)

Yeah, but with this level of tech it looks like the Covenant already left earth sometime between the late 90's and early 2000's.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 22, 2016, 07:28:32 AM

I am loving the aesthetic we've seen so far. Glad to see him taking it down a notch from being all smooth and holographic.

QuoteYou sure this isn't a selfie he took at the Seattle Science museum?  :P

Haha! Who knows?  :P

I suspect he might be trolling us Corporal.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 22, 2016, 12:12:10 PM
A couple of snaps of the creature fx crew from Odd Studios, sporting those snazy jackets.

mmm... those three on the right. Do you by any chance know if they're currently hiring?

Pvt. Himmel

Sorry it's a package deal you have to take all or nothing. ;)

T Dog

Man there are some cute girls working in Odd Creature!

lv_226

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 22, 2016, 06:45:05 PM
For sure! I have an odd creature...

Stolen

NickisSmart

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 22, 2016, 06:45:05 PM

My thoughts, exactly! :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jul 22, 2016, 04:51:48 PM
Sorry it's a package deal you have to take all or nothing. ;)

I'll take it but they'll definitely have to drop the dude.

BishopShouldGo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed