News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,024 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2016, 03:42:54 PM
Looking through this thread, I don't see the Giger comment.  Can someone repost?

Two posts up from the one you quoted.

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 13, 2016, 04:47:23 PM
QuoteA lot of gore was cut from Alien because people were puking in the aisles.

I remember my parents telling me about this but I always thought they were exaggerating about the barf bags. That really happened??

From Ivor Powell (Alien - Producer) on what happened during the second test screening of Alien:

QuotePeople jumped up, some actually ran, there was spewing in the loo," laughs Powell. Myth may have embellished truth, but stories run wild of ushers keeling over; someone actually tripping and breaking their arm; audience members fighting to find seats further back, not to be so close anymore; those who made it to the toilets stuffing towels in the speakers to drown out the screams. Fox supremo Alan Ladd Jr. had taken his wife, and claims to this day that she is still traumatised by that evening

Were your parents at the test screening?

Denton Smalls

Wow that's nuts! They saw it at a friends house when it came to HBO and said that people in the house kept getting up and stepping outside due to the intensity.

I think the theater puking story was just something they heard or read about at the time.

whiterabbit

I can't speak for Alien but people getting sick watching Aliens is a fact. Rodger Ebert summed it up in his review. After about an hour in it is nothing but monsters on the attack. Even for a movie from the 1980's it was intense as f**k and scary.

acov8888

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2016, 07:35:12 AM
Was this on social media or do you personally know folk close to the film?

i know folks working on the film. they shot on the set with the burned bodies last night, about fifty K's west of Sydney. if you ask me, it looks like a fence that's shut on them, and the bodies were people trying to get out.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2016, 06:15:38 AM

QuoteKenny Powers, aka Danny McBride, hanging with some of the Alien Covenant Creature Crew.

There's a glimpse at the crew jacket in there too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH1Loo9jDRo/
Is Danny McBride's character's name visible on his badge just above where it say's Covenant?
I can't quite make it out due to the resolution!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 14, 2016, 11:35:00 PM
Is Danny McBride's character's name visible on his badge just above where it say's Covenant?
I can't quite make it out due to the resolution!

Looks more like USCSS to me.

Quote from: acov8888 on Jul 14, 2016, 10:55:38 PM
i know folks working on the film. they shot on the set with the burned bodies last night, about fifty K's west of Sydney. if you ask me, it looks like a fence that's shut on them, and the bodies were people trying to get out.

That's awesome! We haven't heard about the quarry for a while. They shot last night? Guess they're not done filming yet.

And that's it! They're done filming now.

QuoteThat's a wrap on Alien: Covenant! What a fantastic gig, a dream one. A great collaboration between Odd Studio & Creatures Inc Ltd.

QuoteThat's a wrap on #aliencovenant!

The steady cam operator on Covenant.

Enoch

Corporal Hicks

I posted the Milford Sound one a bit ago but I think you're right about the #Waterworld one. You can see crates in the background too. Good shout.

Enoch

Enoch

Not only crates, there are props (sculptueres) too.
I strongly belive that this video with the stunt guy is also from Covenant!!!

Definetely from Covenant if you ask me:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGbc9B_A8L8/?taken-by=ajcam

Matrix moves :D
There is some prop behind the stunt that looks similar to those statues and walls we saw in the quarry.

Corporal Hicks

It's impossible to be certain but they look tan coloured like the ruins we've seen. It's definitely possible.

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 15, 2016, 11:31:49 AM

I wouldn't say from. Perhaps for. They're just testing the setup out. We'll find out soon enough though!

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 11:40:31 AM
I wouldn't say from. Perhaps for. They're just testing the setup out. We'll find out soon enough though!

Agree. :) Its obviously a test footage.
But we ll see some nice sequences if this is from Covenant.

I belive that the stunt guy from the videos is in fact
one of Michael Fassbenders doubles (David from Covenant):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2114907/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr111

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 11:40:31 AM
It's impossible to be certain but they look tan coloured like the ruins we've seen. It's definitely possible.

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 15, 2016, 11:31:49 AM

That tan Colored thing is the external framework of some sort of interior set.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteATTN! - Nikko is sorry (but not sorry) she has been MIA: Missing in ALIEN! 👽👽👽 As some of you lovelies know, for the past 6 months I've been lucky enough to work at Fox studios on the new Ridley movie, Alien: Covenant and I've been pretty damn stoked on life! Not only have I been able to work with my lovely head @laceymalice everyday but I've seen some of the most amazingly rad things you could never imagine, met butt loads of hardworking, talented, creative and inspiring people, learnt a bunch of new skills and gave my body a beating through good ol fashioned hard work. There's something super satisfying and enjoyable about being part of a major team and bringing to life the extraordinary and unreal, seeing someone's vision and helping to bring it to the masses. It's only fuelled my creative fires and getting my hands dirty again was something I've been craving so I'm super happy to have quenched that thirsty thirst I've had for quite some time and walk away inspired and excited. I'll sure miss it but will enjoy the memories until I get to work on the next movie in October, and I can't wait until all you angels and aliens can see our handy work when it comes out next year! Love and miss you all so let's hang out now that I'm free! XOXO HUGS AND SMOOCHES.

From one of the other decorators, I believe.

Giger Beast

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 02:09:25 PM

QuoteATTN! - Nikko is sorry (but not sorry) she has been MIA: Missing in ALIEN! 👽👽👽 As some of you lovelies know, for the past 6 months I've been lucky enough to work at Fox studios on the new Ridley movie, Alien: Covenant and I've been pretty damn stoked on life! Not only have I been able to work with my lovely head @laceymalice everyday but I've seen some of the most amazingly rad things you could never imagine, met butt loads of hardworking, talented, creative and inspiring people, learnt a bunch of new skills and gave my body a beating through good ol fashioned hard work. There's something super satisfying and enjoyable about being part of a major team and bringing to life the extraordinary and unreal, seeing someone's vision and helping to bring it to the masses. It's only fuelled my creative fires and getting my hands dirty again was something I've been craving so I'm super happy to have quenched that thirsty thirst I've had for quite some time and walk away inspired and excited. I'll sure miss it but will enjoy the memories until I get to work on the next movie in October, and I can't wait until all you angels and aliens can see our handy work when it comes out next year! Love and miss you all so let's hang out now that I'm free! XOXO HUGS AND SMOOCHES.

By "the next movie", does she mean the next Alien movie?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Giger Beast on Jul 15, 2016, 04:53:45 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 02:09:25 PM

By "the next movie", does she mean the next Alien movie?

The reference to Angels and Aliens was curious.  Just what are we in for??

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed