News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 559,487 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They had at least one. There was a thread on it in the forums somewhere where a fella had claimed he was going to one. I can't really remember though. It'll be in the Prometheus board somewhere. I'll try and find it.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=41772.0

oduodu

Thank you

Reading the thread right now.

Denton Smalls

QuoteYeah. They usually "strike" the sets and dismantle them. We got a few of our old Prometheus leaks during this period, where sets and props where just being thrown in the skip.

Cool! Maybe we'll get lucky again with some good pics, I remember seeing the ones from Prometheus on here...I freaked at the pyramid interior stuff.

QuoteA lot of gore was cut from Alien because people were puking in the aisles.

I remember my parents telling me about this but I always thought they were exaggerating about the barf bags. That really happened??

acov8888

things i have heard/seen from people close to production:

david has his own room full of art and culture / is dissecting things, studying things -- i think he goes insane or power hungry

sets involve a massive head much like prometheus - i think theyre on the engineers home planet

full-size replica of Michelangelo's david

marines getting facehugged

Corporal Hicks

QuoteKenny Powers, aka Danny McBride, hanging with some of the Alien Covenant Creature Crew.

There's a glimpse at the crew jacket in there too.

SuicideDoors

Hey can you notice the xenomorph on that bloke's cap? It's embedded in the logo, dead centre. Looks eerily reminiscent of the AvP pose. Can we get a higher res version of that photo?

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: acov8888 on Jul 14, 2016, 12:42:39 AM

david has his own room full of art and culture / is dissecting things, studying things -- i think he goes insane or power hungry

sets involve a massive head much like prometheus - i think theyre on the engineers home planet

full-size replica of Michelangelo's david

marines getting facehugged

So David gets his head re attached. By who I wonder? If Shaw then when ? After they land?

Originally the engineers were based on Elvis Pressley - the statue of liberty and the David statue if memory serves.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Jul 14, 2016, 06:36:12 AM
Hey can you notice the xenomorph on that bloke's cap? It's embedded in the logo, dead centre. Looks eerily reminiscent of the AvP pose. Can we get a higher res version of that photo?

Nice catch! Highest res available from the looks of it.

acov8888

Here's a closer look at the crew jacket

Corporal Hicks

QuoteIt's a wrap!!! I never would have guessed this time last year as I was having the time of my life in Switzerland at the HR Giger museum I would return home to paint the exact sets that he envisioned so long ago!, it has been an amazing experience, I've learnt so much and made some very talented new friends, I also got to share all of this with my dearest Nikko.
Over and out Alien Covenant.

acov8888

ok i tried to keep her face out of it but either way

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's posted on social media, tagged Alien: Covenant. I'm sure she doesn't mind being seen.  :) Nice to hear about that Giger comment though!  ;D Hope it's a truer Giger aesthetic this time around. Really cool that they went to the museum. I still hope to go there soon.

Was this on social media or do you personally know folk close to the film?

And another one from the lady above:

Looks like the film crew members are getting a lovely golden tinted patch.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2016, 07:35:12 AM
Nice to hear about that Giger comment though!  ;D Hope it's a truer Giger aesthetic this time around. Really cool that they went to the museum. I still hope to go there soon.

Yeah, I wonder if this means the bio-mechanical aesthetic is back? Do you think you could get her to spill some beans?

Corporal Hicks

I've asked her on Instagram.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2016, 07:35:12 AM
It's posted on social media, tagged Alien: Covenant. I'm sure she doesn't mind being seen.  :) Nice to hear about that Giger comment though!  ;D Hope it's a truer Giger aesthetic this time around. Really cool that they went to the museum. I still hope to go there soon.

Was this on social media or do you personally know folk close to the film?

And another one from the lady above:

Looks like the film crew members are getting a lovely golden tinted patch.

Looking through this thread, I don't see the Giger comment.  Can someone repost?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed