News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 560,140 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2016, 07:37:58 PM
About him not reading critics? Yeah. I've seen him say that somewhere before.

That's correct. He stopped giving a f*ck what critics think after Blade Runner. Can't say I blame him!  :laugh:

Quote from: oduodu on Jul 12, 2016, 07:29:01 PM
His legacy is beyond reproach. Over the span of three decades he gave us a varied filmography that went fromAlientoBlade RunnertoThelma and LouisetoGladiator. That'samazing, and the man clearly has nothing left to prove, which is why it might be time for him to walk away from making movies for awhile.

I think he's just making movies now because he enjoys making them. He likes to keep super busy. People who retire often pick up a hobby, stamp collecting, fishing, bowling... you name it. Ridley's hobby is making movies. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that he's not going to break his back* again to make another Blade Runner or Alien.

*though he might concede to breaking his hand in the service of making another Alien film.  :P

oduodu

I am glad he enjoys it. I think he may have more time this time around to edit the movie. Perhaps he has more material to play with than Prometheus. He can probably do all the things he never could when he made alien and bladerunner.

Has principal photography now finished? How long will editing take?

Enoch

Post production starts next week...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Jul 12, 2016, 10:10:23 PM
I am glad he enjoys it. I think he may have more time this time around to edit the movie. Perhaps he has more material to play with than Prometheus. He can probably do all the things he never could when he made alien and bladerunner.

Has principal photography now finished? How long will editing take?

Was due to finish this week.

Sounds like it is done.

QuoteAnd so it ends...

From one of the makeup crew with the Covenant crew patch posted.

Corporal Hicks

Some more from Wayne Haag

QuoteThe Covenant Art Dept feels like a house with all the children gone.. Almost done..

Quote@kamihkamih The sets of the ships, as I've said before, are awesome. The Production Design by Chris Seagers is brilliant!

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/753103291945451520

BonesawT101

Wonder when we'll get our first teaser.

Denton Smalls

Do they usually destroy the sets afterward?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. They usually "strike" the sets and dismantle them. We got a few of our old Prometheus leaks during this period, where sets and props where just being thrown in the skip.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 13, 2016, 01:32:27 PM
Wonder when we'll get our first teaser.

I'm half expecting to see something posted online while SDCC is taking place.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Is that an inkling or have you heard anything through the grapevine, man? I'd love to see a teaser at this point, so far everything i've heard recently from the likes of McBride etc has really gotten me excited to see some sort of footage.

Corporal Hicks

Just an inkling. Not based on anything other than my own speculation.

BonesawT101

I'm sort of half expecting a teaser of some kind before the end of august, simply because it seems to be the norm these days to release the first trailer a year before the film lands.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps not a teaser trailer but something like the SDCC Prometheus footage.

I know Fox aren't going to be there showing their own new titles but I wouldn't be surprised if they released footage at the same time online.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: oduodu on Jul 12, 2016, 10:10:23 PM
How long will editing take?

Editing should probably take between 4 to 12 weeks. Though editing is a lot faster these days with everything being digital now. Ridley also had an editor on-set cutting as they went along so he would probably already have a pretty good idea of what he's going to use.

So he'll then do a first assembly cut, likely followed by a director's first and then a director's fine. Fox might then show it to a test audience and then Ridley would have to cut out a lot of the violence, dumb it down, speed-up the pace and add a happy ending. Then eventually they'll have the theatrical cut.

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 12, 2016, 10:13:03 PM
Post production starts next week...

Apparently they've already started working on some of the CGI elements while still filming as is common these days.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2016, 10:57:19 AM
QuoteThe Covenant Art Dept feels like a house with all the children gone.. Almost done..

He's probably just picking up all the pencil shavings from the floor at this point.  :)

oduodu

Was there a test audience for Prometheus and if so when and how many times were they shown Prometheus? Is it like a jury who must be representative of the whole civilisation? 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Oduodu, I think there was at least one test screening in Santa Rosa, California if I remember correctly. The Corporal might know more about that.

Unfortunately a test audience can severely f**k-up a picture. A lot of gore was cut from Alien because people were puking in the aisles. Blade Runner got a voice-over and happy ending tacked-on because of test audience's failure to understand the picture. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed