News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 560,250 times)

Enoch

Milford Sound is really one of most beautiful places in New Zealand!

I expect that they are going to shoot some scenes near the Sutherland falls!!!

Stolen

Jim Minns on Covenant :
QuoteOn Monday, I was lucky enough to meet one of the world's most iconic filmmakers - Sir Ridley Scott. I was blown away by how hands on he was. With thousands of workers employed for his latest film - Alien Covenant - He was just as interactive with the props dept' for the Android blood as he was for the gimbal on the spaceship.

He explained the cycle - that when he was in post-production on The Martian - he began pre-production for this. Once he'll be in post on this he'll be in pre-production for Blade Runner 2.
"I Love it" - He said.
You've got to admire the dedication - with all that he has achieved so far, yet he has made a concentrated effort not to stop.

http://jimminns.com/

T Dog

Except Ridley's not dirrecting Blade Runner 2.

Astronoë

Tbh all the locations look a bit primal as if they were taken wherever this engineer sacrificed himself...

it sure doesn't look like a 'paradise' or a fallen one..I am very under-whelmed with the settings...

no exotic strange rock formations, new kinds of rock, or plant life or...or...it just look very 'basic'...minimal...

Here's some exotic stuff, and those are real, on our planet...
http://www.boredpanda.com/earth-photos-look-alien/

Stolen

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 03, 2016, 07:58:56 PM
Except Ridley's not dirrecting Blade Runner 2.

He is a producer, co-author of the script and I think very involved in the development of the sequel.

Corporal Hicks

Not a Tweet but from someone on Facebook: "Wet weather meant our walk in Milford Sound was cancelled but we got to see Michael Fassbender at breakfast, which was nice."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

That likely means:

Spoiler
David blew-up the ship. The bastard.
[close]

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 11, 2016, 02:54:58 PM
That likely means:

Spoiler
[close]

Before breakfast, no less. David does not fool around.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm awaiting confirmation from another person (he's currently asleep) about another actor who was recognized on location.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 11, 2016, 02:54:58 PM
That likely means:

Spoiler
[close]

It's a good bet.

I've just been advised that Billy Crudup was seen on location too.

Corporal Hicks

jussiesmollett - I look tired as hell but Imma sleep this entire 15 hour flight. Check yall later #USA. See you soon #Australia. Time to go fuccup some aliens. 👽👊🏿👽 Love y'all. #AlienCovenant #BeardGameALMOSTStrong ✌🏿️

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So looks like Smollett wasn't part of the New Zealand shoot? Heading straight to Aussie as well, no mention of NZ.

Perhaps his character stayed behind on the Covenant while a smaller boarding party went down to the planet on a shuttle?

Perfect-Organism

Joining this thread..

Do we have a thread yet for news updates on this film or does each update just automatically get its own thread?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 12, 2016, 05:14:13 PM
So looks like Smollett wasn't part of the New Zealand shoot? Heading straight to Aussie as well, no mention of NZ.

Perhaps his character stayed behind on the Covenant while a smaller boarding party went down to the planet on a shuttle?

We know Fassbender and Crudup have been seen on set. Bichir shared photos of Milford Sound so we know he's down there too.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 12, 2016, 05:51:22 PM
Do we have a thread yet for news updates on this film or does each update just automatically get its own thread?

Relatively important news gets its own thread per news.

QuoteAlien Covenant: *Spoiler* the white alien Shaw gives birth to in Prometheus is back in the sequel! Seen on set. #aliencovenant

https://twitter.com/hi_flyer7/status/720178074646503424

He shared some pictures of the spaceship so just trying to see if he caught any snaps.

He didn't catch any snaps of it but in reply to my questions -

QuoteNo photos. I did see it storyboards with all it's tentacles too.

one she gives birth too. The prop wasn't very big. Storyboards could have depicted something larger though.

And a separate one.

QuoteAlien Covenant *Spoiler* Group of scientist/geologists attacked on new world. Gun battle. Security Guard (from Weyland?) seen on set.

Ultramorph

Wow, this is getting exciting!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed