News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 559,580 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Well, he specifically stated that he'll be able to show it. Could be that they'll be releasing an "Art of Alien: Covenant" book before the film's theatrical debut.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 22, 2016, 12:23:27 PM
Interesting, thank you !

Jim Minns young australian filmmaker visited the studios of Alien Covenant and he loved it

Quote@jimminns
No - just a set visit. It looks amazing though.

Nothing interesting, just exciting!

I asked Jim what kind of sets he'd seen but he NDAed me. He did say that "gonna be huge tho" and when asked by someone else (who I am sure was on these boards at some point, Robert Wagner) "epic in scope like Prometheus?" Jim replied "Bigger".

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 22, 2016, 08:42:34 PM
Well, he specifically stated that he'll be able to show it. Could be that they'll be releasing an "Art of Alien: Covenant" book before the film's theatrical debut.

Regardless of when it comes out I do hope we get another Art book. I'd like them to start releasing them with CDs or something too, where we can get digital copies of the art in the books.

Stolen

I'm so excited guys !!
Bigger than Prometheus, is possible seriously ??
I don't know what Ridley prepared but it will be never seen before.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2016, 08:56:32 AM
I asked Jim what kind of sets he'd seen but he NDAed me. He did say that "gonna be huge tho" and when asked by someone else (who I am sure was on these boards at some point, Robert Wagner) "epic in scope like Prometheus?" Jim replied "Bigger".

Might confirm that unsubstantiated $150 million budget. Though the cast of unknowns would argue otherwise.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2016, 08:56:32 AM
Regardless of when it comes out I do hope we get another Art book. I'd like them to start releasing them with CDs or something too, where we can get digital copies of the art in the books.

The artists usually release their artwork on their websites/facebook etc. anyway, so a CD would be moot really. Anyway, who still uses CD's? Might as well put it on a ZX Spectrum cassette tape!  :P

And from Charles:

https://twitter.com/Lauzirika/status/712433143932780545

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 23, 2016, 01:04:57 PM
The artists usually release their artwork on their websites/facebook etc. anyway, so a CD would be moot really. Anyway, who still uses CD's? Might as well put it on a ZX Spectrum cassette tape!  :P

Digital download included then, ya joker.  ::) Not everyone releases all their artwork unfortunately.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like the Australian politicians are visiting the crew on Covenant: "Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Alien Art Department this week @billshortenmp Was good meeting you!"

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/713170729596891136

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He was probably there to make sure that Riddles was employing local kants and mates.

Those concept art prints behind Shorten and Haag look great though. Wish we could get a higher res version of that photo!

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 25, 2016, 02:06:47 PM
He was probably there to make sure that Riddles was employing local kants and mates.

Those concept art prints behind Shorten and Haag look great though. Wish we could get a higher res version of that photo!

Where is the pic of the prints? Is it Covenant concept art?

Corporal Hicks

Where are you looking?

Stolen

I don't know if it's reliable but the shooting had begun in Milford

http://www.enchos.com/snapstar-theres-a-movie-being-shot-here-now-directed-by-ridley-scott-its-on-the-other-side-of-the-mountain-celestinegonzaga/

QuoteThere's a movie being shot here now directed by Ridley Scott.. It's on the other side of the mountain.. 📽

Corporal Hicks

She's a well known. I guess she could have been told or shown.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2016, 07:15:34 AM

Where are you looking?

I'm just yanking your chain Corporal.  :P

Though I guess that politician is probably gonna wonder why he got so many hits on his twitter page yesterday.  :D

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 26, 2016, 07:59:51 AM

Good time of the year for shooting in Milford Sound. It's autumn there now so you get lots of ominous fog, rain and clouds making for some very dark and moody scenery.

Photo taken today

Primordial

Impressive, thumb up  :)

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 26, 2016, 01:34:54 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2016, 07:15:34 AM

Where are you looking?

Though I guess that politician is probably gonna wonder why he got so many hits on his twitter page yesterday.  :D

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 26, 2016, 07:59:51 AM

Good time of the year for shooting in Milford Sound. It's autumn there now so you get lots of ominous fog, rain and clouds making for some very dark and moody scenery.

Photo taken today
I waaaaasss theeeerrrrrreeee maaaaaaaan!
I'll have to have a dig through my personal photos and see if I have any worth sharing from my time at Milford Sound.

Regarding New Zealand it really is paradise and has everywhere on earth rolled into one. Glacial Lakes beside tropical jungles beside snow capped mountains etc AMAZING.

Also like the idea of Giger labyrinth being beneath paradise but I think I like the idea more of paradise being overrun by Giger's biomechanical architecture!

Corporal Hicks

Why would you play with my heart like that?  :'(

Photo taken today

That looks wonderful. Really can't wait to see what Ridley does with locations like this. We really haven't seen anything as green and foresty like this in an Alien film. I want to see how Ridley makes it scary and Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed