News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 559,611 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 08, 2015, 04:12:20 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 08, 2015, 03:18:01 PM
I'm sure he could probably do biomechanical if he set his mind to it, but yeah... seeing as Arthur Max is production designer again they'll probably stick with the Prometheus design aesthetic. Unfortunately . :(

Urgh! This makes me a sad panda.

It appears that Chris Seagers (Fantastic Four :-\) is the production designer for Alien: Covenant.

Odd, since Arthur Max has been Scott's P.D for the past two decades...

Here's hoping biomechanical will be the new black in Alien: Covenant!

Corporal Hicks

Is that anywhere other than IMDB?

He's worked with Ridley's brother before.

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 17, 2015, 08:40:31 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 08, 2015, 04:12:20 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 08, 2015, 03:18:01 PM
I'm sure he could probably do biomechanical if he set his mind to it, but yeah... seeing as Arthur Max is production designer again they'll probably stick with the Prometheus design aesthetic. Unfortunately . :(

Urgh! This makes me a sad panda.

It appears that Chris Seagers (Fantastic Four :-\) is the production designer for Alien: Covenant.

Odd, since Arthur Max has been Scott's P.D for the past two decades...

Here's hoping biomechanical will be the new black in Alien: Covenant!

Fantastic Four isn't the only thing Chris Seagers has done! He has been PD and Art D on a ton of great projects. I for one, wasn't happy with a lot of the PD in Prometheus. I didn't hate it but I felt it needed something. Especially when it came to the planet. Which I found less than intriguing.

D. Compton Ambrose

The more and more I hear about this the more and more I feel like its going to suck ****...

wmmvrrvrrmm

Perhaps Arthur Max doesn't want to go to Australia. Perhaps it might also mean that the monsters wont look as if they were inspired by Gerald Scarfe caricatures

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 17, 2015, 09:17:30 PM
He's worked with Ridley's brother before.

You also getting that feeling of déjà vu?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 17, 2015, 09:17:30 PM
Is that anywhere other than IMDB?

It would very likely have been either Seagers himself or his agent who put his name up. It's probably good enough to bank.

But if you want to publish and double check before you do, you could always ask Wayne. It shouldn't breach his NDA, AFAIK.

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/677757641054027780

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/677885482231971840

irn

It might be more interesting if the world is not biomechanical. It would break the wierd trope that an extraterrestrials homeworld seems to reflect the same style and look of the creature itself. Does that bug anyone else with sci-fi generally? Like the one-dimensional approach to alien civilisations. They tend to have one culture, one style and one main agenda. There's rarely variety. It's like making a film about humans but Earth is nothing but 6 billion scientists with every building and monument looking like a microscope or having humanish features.

All that aside, Wayne Haag's artwork looks pretty damn nice after a quick browse on the Internet!

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: irn on Dec 20, 2015, 12:10:09 AM
It might be more interesting if the world is not biomechanical. It would break the wierd trope that an extraterrestrials homeworld seems to reflect the same style and look of the creature itself. Does that bug anyone else with sci-fi generally? Like the one-dimensional approach to alien civilisations. They tend to have one culture, one style and one main agenda. There's rarely variety. It's like making a film about humans but Earth is nothing but 6 billion scientists with every building and monument looking like a microscope or having humanish features.

All that aside, Wayne Haag's artwork looks pretty damn nice after a quick browse on the Internet!

Sounds like a pretty trippy idea.

Primordial

QuoteThey tend to have one culture, one style and one main agenda

So having in Prometheus a faction of Engineers who wanted to destroy us and others who continued to visit us, the sacrifice Engineer wearing clothes vs the ones with pressure suits, ovoid ship vs 'croissant' ship, is a kind of shift in this one dimensional portrayal you appreciated, and you would like a stronger emphasis on that in the future films I guess ?!

I see there's no poll about their homeworld appearence in the Covenant section, I'd like to see how people want it  :)

irn

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Dec 20, 2015, 07:46:15 AM
So having in Prometheus a faction of Engineers who wanted to destroy us and others who continued to visit us, the sacrifice Engineer wearing clothes vs the ones with pressure suits

One group trying to kill us to spite another group they are up against could be interesting.

Primordial

All this time we spent thinking "what did we do wrong ?"  :D ...
Interesting idea, Earth lifeforms being a sort of hostage without knowing it. How would the 'good' Engineers solve the problem ? Having an answer to that would be nice.

irn

Perhaps they wiped themselves out by screwing around with nature and trying to be god - only for us to do the same - then for David and 'his kind' to do the same after that - then their successors after that.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 19, 2015, 03:27:42 PM
Perhaps Arthur Max doesn't want to go to Australia. Perhaps it might also mean that the monsters wont look as if they were inspired by Gerald Scarfe caricatures

It's now confirmed that he'll be working on a 15th century medieval fantasy movie instead of Alien: Covenant.

He gives his reasons from around 22:00 minutes in on the video interview:
http://collider.com/production-designer-arthur-max-the-martian-interview-ridley-scott/

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 27, 2015, 01:44:41 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 19, 2015, 03:27:42 PM

It's now confirmed that he'll be working on a 15th century medieval fantasy movie instead of Alien: Covenant.

He gives his reasons from around 22:00 minutes in on the video interview:
http://collider.com/production-designer-arthur-max-the-martian-interview-ridley-scott/
Hmmmmm just watched the video there, seems like he is diplomatically saying that he wasn't asked back!

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully this means a closer return to a Giger aesthetic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed