20th Century Fox Teases Alien: Covenant Patch!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 12:04:15 AM

Author
20th Century Fox Teases Alien: Covenant Patch! (Read 30,191 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 09:02:33 PM
Who?

Men

:laugh:

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2016, 05:55:27 AM
Oh...  that's REALLY interesting.  We know that Scott loves his mythological and literary references.  This is obviously symbolic in a Biblical sense. 

https://images.thetrumpet.com/526ede18!h.300,id.9630,m.fill,w.540

That patch design is straight off the Ark of the Covenant.  No coincidence there.

I guess Scott feels that the merger between the 2 organisations is petty compared to what this implies in terms of the story he wants to tell.

-Windebieste.

Interestingly, the Ark from Raiders of the Lost Ark is an even closer match to the design on the logo. And guess which well regarded concept artist just happened to have worked on Raiders as well?  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Seriously?  I envision some W-Y melting faces happening....

Mr. Clemens

I'll bet that the W-Y merger will be covered in one of those viral videos that we all loved so much for Prometheus.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 27, 2016, 10:15:50 PM
I'll bet that the W-Y merger will be covered in one of those viral videos that we all loved so much for Prometheus.

I suppose that could work.  If we have too much corporate or political intrigue, keep in mind how well that worked for the Star Wars prequels.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 28, 2016, 12:42:04 AM

I suppose that could work.  If we have too much corporate or political intrigue, keep in mind how well that worked for the Star Wars prequels.

Exactly. Mr. & Mrs. Popcorn aren't going to enjoy sitting through a scene where the Weyland and Yutani CEOs and their lawyers talk business.  :D

LordCassusSnow

Anyone else notice the ringed planet on the Covenant patch also being on the crew patches in Prometheus? Ridley sure does love Calpamos it seems :-X

Number13

I'm suspecting that Weyland got bought out by Yutani since both Peter and Vickers died. I definitely wanna see the Yutani side of Wey-Yu, cause it's always about Mr. Weyland. I know AVPR sucked and it's been retconned, but I thought the idea of a Ms. Yutani sounded cool. But again, it's always Weyland, let's see the Yutani part.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 28, 2016, 03:22:57 AM
I'm suspecting that Weyland got bought out by Yutani since both Peter and Vickers died. I definitely wanna see the Yutani side of Wey-Yu, cause it's always about Mr. Weyland. I know AVPR sucked and it's been retconned, but I thought the idea of a Ms. Yutani sounded cool. But again, it's always Weyland, let's see the Yutani part.

I agree.  I thought Ms. Yutani was the best part of AVP:R.  Perhaps the only redeeming aspect of the film.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 28, 2016, 01:31:13 AMExactly. Mr. & Mrs. Popcorn aren't going to enjoy sitting through a scene where the Weyland and Yutani CEOs and their lawyers talk business.  :D

You could do it without literally showing board meetings. It could even be handled smartly in a few lines of dialogue.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 28, 2016, 02:33:33 AM
Anyone else notice the ringed planet on the Covenant patch also being on the crew patches in Prometheus? Ridley sure does love Calpamos it seems :-X

Doesn't look ringed to me. Plenty of moons though.

I do hope they have another good viral marketing campaign to Covenant. Prometheus' was damn cool.

windebieste

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2016, 09:26:15 PM

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2016, 05:55:27 AM
Oh...  that's REALLY interesting.  We know that Scott loves his mythological and literary references.  This is obviously symbolic in a Biblical sense. 

https://images.thetrumpet.com/526ede18!h.300,id.9630,m.fill,w.540

That patch design is straight off the Ark of the Covenant.  No coincidence there.

I guess Scott feels that the merger between the 2 organisations is petty compared to what this implies in terms of the story he wants to tell.

-Windebieste.

Interestingly, the Ark from Raiders of the Lost Ark is an even closer match to the design on the logo. And guess which well regarded concept artist just happened to have worked on Raiders as well?  ;D

No.  Even more interesting is the fact that the Ark in the 1981 movie closely matches the description of the item from The Bible

I specifically chose to link to an image of the Ark of the Covenant other than that which appears in the movie to not associate it with 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

The Ark is a genuine and legitimate Historical artifact*; and wasn't invented by Spielberg just for sake of Nazis to plunder and be recovered by our dashing hero, Mr. Jones.

-Windebieste.

*If you're into all that weird Christian stuff, that is.

Corporal Hicks

From what I briefly read yesterday, it also talked about the ark containing a substance that fed the Isralite whilst they walked the desert. Black goo perhaps?

HuDaFuK

Well Jesus was an Engineer, you know.

Corporal Hicks

True, true. I know Ridley had mentioned the possibility of him being a straight-up Engineer but perhaps he could have been one of their less monstery experiments on Earth.

windebieste

Considering the clear Biblical influences going on here, I wouldn't put it beyond Scott to re-establish the notion that Jesus was an Engineer - or maybe created by them.

After all, Scott originally had a lot of ideas and concepts for 'ALIEN' and abandoned  them.  Then those same ideas found their way into 'Prometheus'...

So, was Jesus an Engineer?  Maybe.  Maybe the more important question is 'Was Jesus created by the Engineers..?'

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed