Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator

Started by Gazz, Jan 23, 2017, 10:41:25 PM

Author
Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator (Read 25,605 times)

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 23, 2017, 11:29:34 PM
Still waiting for a currently relevant person to join the cast though.
TV stars are increasingly more relevant than film stars.

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Jan 24, 2017, 12:03:36 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 23, 2017, 11:29:34 PM
Still waiting for a currently relevant person to join the cast though.
TV stars are increasingly more relevant than film stars.

Depends on the tv show.  Game of Thrones I heard is very popular, and actors from that have headlined major movies.  I don't watch any tv so it's all new to me.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm, interesting choice.

ace3g

Still hoping we hear some casting news with one of these names:

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 15, 2016, 02:25:47 AM
Some names thrown around before but:

Frank Grillo, Ethan Hawke, Sharlto Copley, or Guy Pearce

Quote from: ace3g on Oct 21, 2016, 03:07:08 AM
Another name I am not sure has been mentioned yet --- Joel Edgerton

OpenMaw

Thomas Jane, my man! Yus!

Dude was also great in a movie called "Thursday." Actually, I haven't ever seen him in a movie I didn't like him in. He always brings the goods.

Honestly, i'm not worried about the cast. Some folks here need to realize that if it's true that the top-tier guys wouldn't touch it? That's just a sign of the damage the franchise has suffered over the years... But the flip of that is, many of the actors they are likely to get instead are going to be very hungry and want to do something with their roles to get them noticed. That's a good thing.

TheBATMAN

Excellent news. Very underrated actor.

skhellter

Who else can they cast that is reliable but not too expensive....

Jai Courtney?  :D

OpenMaw

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 24, 2017, 01:22:51 AM
Jai Courtney?  :D

That would be awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing Dolph show up, or shit, they could always bring Adam Baldwin back, i'm sure he'd jump at the chance.

If they need any mad scientists or anything, Jeffrey Combs would be great.

Anthony

Anthony

My point is that they tried going after the big name actors, but since they don't have room in their schedules, they decided to instead find relativity unknown but promising actors to be cast instead. Would I have loved to see someone like Hardy leading the film? Absolutely. But I have faith in Black to deliver great performances regardless of name recognition.

Besides, it's been proven time and time before that a cast with big names doesn't automatically mean the film will be good and/or be successful.

And I would say del Toro is way more well known than Brody, as he's appeared in more high profile projects. This year alone he has Terrence Malick's new film Song To Song, the sequel to Sicario, Soldado, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 24, 2017, 01:06:09 AM
Honestly, i'm not worried about the cast. Some folks here need to realize that if it's true that the top-tier guys wouldn't touch it? That's just a sign of the damage the franchise has suffered over the years... But the flip of that is, many of the actors they are likely to get instead are going to be very hungry and want to do something with their roles to get them noticed. That's a good thing.

Yeah that's the vibe I get. Would seem Del Toro was the closest they got to A-list. And they've evidently struggled with casting, but whether that's due to scheduling conflicts or diminishing brand appeal remains to be seen.

Thomas Jane I really like btw. He was fantastic in The Mist.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I consider getting him for this a big win! For me, he's an A-list actor.

ace3g

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear Ruby Rose is cast in this, she is an up and coming low key star in action movies such as John Wick 2, XXX 2, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.

PVTDukeMorrison

THOMAS MOTHER f**kIN JANE!

FiorinaFury161

Perhaps the "villain" character of the film? ???

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 23, 2017, 10:48:07 PM
I like Thomas Jane and he should be a bigger star than he is

Same. I have fond memories of his performances in 'Deep Blue Sea' and 'The Punisher'.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 23, 2017, 10:51:43 PM
The cast is kinda cheap,like a  DTV, we really need Arnold.

He didn't even add much to the last few 'Terminator' films. Unnecessarily adding him to this won't make any real difference.

He's had some good performances, of late ('Maggie' might be his best turn yet), but I see no reason to put him in this project.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed