Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 455

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 274,091 times)

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2017, 10:42:11 AM
Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on May 10, 2017, 10:29:14 AM
Like the cgi on the tracking clip.The alien feels weightless while moving.
Did they correct it?
Same question about the shot with the neomorph opening its mouth.Were they unfinished shots used in the trailers?

I'll leave these for someone with better eyes.

QuoteDo they explain whats with the alien's vision? (tracking clip). Just curious if there is any resemblance with the avp games.
Is there an intense ''long'' scene with facehuggers? like the 2 Burke released on aliens.Except the egg scene from the trailer i mean.

No to both of those.

Well,at least you were satisfied with the creature effects right? No wtf moment.
Thanks boss,trying to get an answer since yesterday.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on May 10, 2017, 10:51:16 AM
Well,at least you were satisfied with the creature effects right? No wtf moment.

I don't remember hating any of them but unless it's noticeably bad, I don't really get bothered.

It's busy, stuff get's lost in the tide unfortunately.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Did they correct it?
Same question about the shot with the neomorph opening its mouth.Were they unfinished shots used in the trailers?

QuoteDo they explain whats with the alien's vision? (tracking clip). Just curious if there is any resemblance with the avp games.
Is there an intense ''long'' scene with facehuggers? like the 2 Burke released on aliens.Except the egg scene from the trailer i mean.

No to both of those.

The CGI is good and not distracting.

juxtapose

juxtapose

I read the audience reviews from imdb and at least  the majority of those seem very positive. .it's sometimes more interesting to read reviews from more casual fans. .people who don't have so much invested in the franchise as we do. .

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: SyntaX on May 10, 2017, 11:07:42 AM
Did they correct it?

No to both of those.

The CGI is good and not distracting.

Thank you SyntaX...still i think it was wrong to show unfinished cgi on trailers.
Im not a cgi freak,my favourite movie is Carpender's The Thing...but i was a little worried.

John Doe

John Doe

Quote from: Enoch on May 10, 2017, 01:06:21 AM
Quote from: John Doe on May 10, 2017, 12:57:50 AM
I prefer Prometheus over Covenant.

Could you please elaborate on that. Some comparisons and personal opinion... I m interested in comparative reviews and since you are the first to say that you like Prometheus more, it would be nice to see some arrguments behind that statement...

Ok, i will try it, im spanish and it´s difficult for me to write in english what i feel. I made a video on my YT chanell explaning everything but in spanish:

Buy, yeah, i will try it:

I prefer Prometheus because i hate what Ridley did mixing Prometheus with Alien. It doesn´t works well and we don´t have Engineers. He erased them from this sequel of Prometheus.

The 3 act it´s rushed, he takes so much from Alien (closing doors), but rushed, and i hate the CGI Xeno (looks fake, looks more like an Alien 3 than the Giger design, it moves fast, so fast, like the third act of the movie. I hate the fast growth of the Xeno and the fast gestation of the Alien Burster or how fast a facehugger could infect you.

I prefer what they did with the Engineer on Prometheus, real man with make up.

Noomi Rapace it´s so much better than Katherine Watterston, she doesn´t have the charisma of Shaw/Rapace. I don´t like how Ridley erased Noomi from the movie. We only
Spoiler
see her on the prologue
[close]
. That´s bad !!!!  :-[

I don´t like the Oram dialogues, some of the them are overplanation of his character (like Christopher Nolan did with Interestellar).

I don´t like the James Franco scene, the
Spoiler
flames looks fake
[close]
and i can´t believe how fast Daniels change on what she feels. It looks like a copy of Prometheus (ring/necklace).

I like David, but when he appears the rest of the cast suffers so much and i lost interest in them. There are some stupid things like Prometheus, but in Prometheus they created new concepts, they surprised us and in this movie Ridley it´s trying to give to Alien fans what they want in the third act.

Alien : Covenant it´s more a Prometheus 2 sequel than an Alien movie, and i like it. But for me it could be better to take out
Spoiler
David creating the Alien. I prefer if the Engineers created the monster
[close]
. I think it could be a better movie if Ridley only showed us Neomorphs and Engineers. And then, later, show how the Engineers created the Alien (maybe in the next movie).

Visuallly it´s amazing, i like what Wolski did with the cinematography and Jed Kurzel OST it´s good, but the used so much CGI for the monster. It´s strange, because in this video they shows a real puppet, but they finally didn´t use it (second 29):

Sad.

By the way, i saw the Arnold Blöklin reference on the David temple.

My rating:
Alien: 10
Aliens: 10
Prometheus: 7
Alien 3: 6´7
Alien : Covenant: 6´5
Alien Resurrection: 4

Enoch

Enoch

Great. Thanks.

What Bocklin reference?

Stolen

Stolen

The bocklin inspiration is great. The sets are really fantastic.
Spoiler
[close]

John Doe

John Doe

Quote from: Enoch on May 10, 2017, 01:07:35 PM
Great. Thanks.

What Bocklin reference?

You really can show something similar on the prologue, on the mountains. It´s a gate of David´s temple.

cucuchu

cucuchu

I have noticed a number of people showing their displeasure with the final act in regards to
Spoiler
how they portray the Xeno.
[close]
So is it a matter of them showing
Spoiler
too much of the Xeno; is it just not that much of a threat and easily outsmarted/defeated; and/or does it just go against your idea of how the Xeno should look/behave?
[close]

John Doe

John Doe

I think alien Isolation did it good and adult Xeno from Covenant it´s more like the CGI Aliens from AVP.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: John Doe on May 10, 2017, 02:01:16 PM
I think alien Isolation did it good and adult Xeno from Covenant it´s more like the CGI Aliens from AVP.

Well then, you have certainly grounded my expectations for this film with that AvP comparison.  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I completely disagree with that. It was noticeably CG to my eye but it wasn't to the level of AvP's. Definitely looked better.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Always the same with CGI, there is no such thing as perfect CGI but that doesn't stop everyone from expecting it.

The cgi in this film will be as good as it can be with today's tech and while I wish more practical was used here, I am happy to at least move away from man-in-suit stuff.

Evanus

Evanus

Well, I think the CGI in Prometheus looks better than what I've seen of Covenant so far...

But it still looks really good, so it doesn't bother me that much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed