News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 559,178 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Actually my favorite Alien design, or more like Alien posture and body shape design are the Aliens drawn by Killian Plunkett. They're slender, gracile, have really long, fine  but strong limbs and are digitrade just like the Runner/Dragon (A3), but with the torso and head and the silver grayish black biomechanoid carapace of the original Alien (Giger). If you'd ask me that's the ideal Xenomorph design hands down. It looks incredibly dangerous yet very beautiful; it looks very elegant and delicate yet very strong and tough - both at the same time. It it's humanoid without looking humanoid at all.

...Just noticed that Killian's Aliens don't have the same hind-leg foot design as the Runner/Dragon/Dog Alien. I kind of prefer the latter as they are more elegant.

PsyKore

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 04, 2016, 05:11:06 AM
I think if the alien didn't make noise then the game would be impossibly hard.

That's why the motion tracker is there. Anyway, there was a build of the game where he didn't stomp his feet and it looked perfectly playable. Stomping around like he does is such a generic movie monster thing that just killed the tension for me.

proto leech

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 04, 2016, 09:15:53 PM
Actually my favorite Alien design, or more like Alien posture and body shape design are the Aliens drawn by Killian Plunkett. They're slender, gracile, have really long, fine  but strong limbs and are digitrade just like the Runner/Dragon (A3), but with the torso and head and the silver grayish black biomechanoid carapace of the original Alien (Giger). If you'd ask me that's the ideal Xenomorph design hands down. It looks incredibly dangerous yet very beautiful; it looks very elegant and delicate yet very strong and tough - both at the same time. It it's humanoid without looking humanoid at all.

https://www.lambiek.net/artists/image/p/plunkett_kilian/plunkett_kilian_aliens.jpg

...Just noticed that Killian's Aliens don't have the same hind-leg foot design as the Runner/Dragon/Dog Alien. I kind of prefer the latter as they are more elegant.

Hear, hear. A slimmed down semi-spindly biomechanoid with digitigrade legs is what i'd love to see. It would be a breath of fresh air after so many years of flipper handed fleshy bug raptors.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: King geedorah on Sep 05, 2016, 05:25:50 AM

https://www.lambiek.net/artists/image/p/plunkett_kilian/plunkett_kilian_aliens.jpg

Hear, hear. A slimmed down semi-spindly biomechanoid with digitigrade legs is what i'd love to see. It would be a breath of fresh air after so many years of flipper handed fleshy bug raptors.

I wouldn't argue with that. Killian's Aliens are some of the best put into the comics. I definitely hope we get some sort of graceful creature.

Enoch

I could now confirm some memorable aerial scenes :D :)

BishopShouldGo

Yeah that was an exemplary interpretation of the alien.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wayne is hard at work.

QuotePainting Alien Covenant and listening to the American Graffiti soundtrack.. #WolfmanJack

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/773076555253686273

Came across this on my searches.  :laugh:

QuoteNew leaked stills from "Alien: Covenant" reveal a new co-star...

(photography by Shanea Gaiger)

:P

Corporal Hicks

Master

It looks allot like Stompy.

aliens13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2016, 02:36:19 PM
http://www.sexenio.com.mx/puebla/articulo.php?id=60405

Page 11. Anyone read Spanish (?) ?
Nothing new, the same things that Fassbender said the last time, I can translate for you guys but there is nothing interesting.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2016, 08:39:40 AM
Wayne is hard at work.

QuotePainting Alien Covenant and listening to the American Graffiti soundtrack.. #WolfmanJack

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/773076555253686273

Came across this on my searches.  :laugh:

QuoteNew leaked stills from "Alien: Covenant" reveal a new co-star...

(photography by Shanea Gaiger)

:P
2 Q's for you Hicks!

1) Is the painting work that Wayne Haag is doing for digital backdrops? The modern equivalent to matte paintings?

and

2) Is that actually the Xeno design for the movie or where is that from?

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: T Dog on Sep 06, 2016, 06:36:20 PMIs that actually the Xeno design for the movie or where is that from?

Yeah, its hands are pretty funny for a cosplay. Those guys always try to get things as screen-accurate as possible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: T Dog on Sep 06, 2016, 06:36:20 PM
1) Is the painting work that Wayne Haag is doing for digital backdrops? The modern equivalent to matte paintings?

Unknown.

Quote2) Is that actually the Xeno design for the movie or where is that from?

Nah, just a silly picture I saw during my rounds.  :)

Another tweet from Wayne when asked by 8th Passenger (I think?) about the originality in the film.

QuoteIt's all new, yet familiar.. that's all I can say!

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/773266241943248896

lv_226

I wonder by the familiarity he mentions if we will be getting that original Alien design that has been seen on the clapper boards?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed