News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 554,584 times)

Enoch

One word - PERFECTION.

Quote...Ancient Egypt references like a mummy lying in a sarcophagus.

Thats it. More symbols and metaphors.

Perfect-Organism

At first, I thought it looked like Shaw...

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 04, 2016, 06:23:20 PM
At first, I thought it looked like Shaw...
That's what I thought.

Perfect-Organism

On second thought, that still looks like Shaw.

Maybe she was Engineer-damaged?  But that usually just means dead..  She could be in an autodoc.  It doesn't seem to me that the cryogenic tech would require such wrapping effects.  I mean, people didn't need to be wrapped in Prometheus, and then they didn't need to be wrapped in Aliens.  This movie fits in the years between those films...

CainsSon

The cyrotube looks Submarine-like. Which I something I liked very much about Alien. The whole submarine vibe. That in combination with the very sterile environment INSIDE the chamber gives this a very CLASSIC feel. The art direction looks top-notch here. Scott is still bringing his A-game here. I'm thinking that after THE MARTIAN and PROMETHEUS we are in for something really special. This is quite an image. My biggest concern here is length. I feel PROMETHEUS was hurt by cutting it for 2 hours and giving it a pacing modern audiences like. Alien's dread has a lot to do with the time it takes. The build up and the immersion into it's sets.
I specifically think of the scene in the Ampule Chamber in comparison to the scene in the Pilot's Chamber in Alien. The pace of the editing hurts PROMETHEUS in that scene. They need to slow it down and linger. It adds to the creep factor.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 04, 2016, 07:57:39 PM
The cyrotube looks Submarine-like. Which I something I liked very much about Alien. The whole submarine vibe. That in combination with the very sterile environment INSIDE the chamber gives this a very CLASSIC feel. The art direction looks top-notch here. Scott is still bringing his A-game here. I'm thinking that after THE MARTIAN and PROMETHEUS we are in for something really special. This is quite an image. My biggest concern here is length. I feel PROMETHEUS was hurt by cutting it for 2 hours and giving it a pacing modern audiences like. Alien's dread has a lot to do with the time it takes. The build up and the immersion into it's sets.
I specifically think of the scene in the Ampule Chamber in comparison to the scene in the Pilot's Chamber in Alien. The pace of the editing hurts PROMETHEUS in that scene. They need to slow it down and linger. It adds to the creep factor.

This.  ^

I completely agree.  Slow the pace down.  Stop the camera somewhere for a bit.  I mean, give it the sort of pacing we see in Kubrik''s Shining.  But it will never happen....

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 04, 2016, 07:49:36 PM
On second thought, that still looks like Shaw.

Maybe she was Engineer-damaged?  But that usually just means dead..  She could be in an autodoc.  It doesn't seem to me that the cryogenic tech would require such wrapping effects.  I mean, people didn't need to be wrapped in Prometheus, and then they didn't need to be wrapped in Aliens.  This movie fits in the years between those films...

This is a different ship. This is a new movie. Let's try out different things for each entry. Maybe this is this colony's way of doing cryosleep. Maybe it isn't even cryosleep. It's fun to bring out a new bag of tricks each time and add to the mythology.

Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 04, 2016, 07:57:39 PM

From what we can infer from the info thus far, don't expect a patient, lingering movie. This'll likely be an action-horror film that kicks off fast.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 04, 2016, 08:05:31 PM
From what we can infer from the info thus far, don't expect a patient, lingering movie. This'll likely be an action-horror film that kicks off fast.

Indeed, from recent Fassbender interview:

Quote from: Michael FassbenderOnce it starts and the ball starts rolling, it doesn't let up.

The Cryopod/Medpod reminds me of:

Mr. Clemens

I'm 95% sure that's Waterston in there. How anonymous we become when our hair is covered and our eyes and mouths are closed!  :D

Pvt. Himmel

A lot of sites are saying its Waterston.

Scorpio

I honestly can't tell but it's either Noomi or Waterston.

BonesawT101

Looks like waterston. But there is a likeness to Noomi for sure

Enoch

Thats 100% Waterston ;)

SpreadEagleBeagle

That picture makes me happy! So far so good, Riddles  8)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hope they're still not intending to do that thing of having Ripley's Mother.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed