News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 555,893 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 10, 2016, 01:22:05 AM
Wayne seems like a good guy.

Yeah, he does. Always seems happy to answer any annoying fans on Twitter.  :P

Nothing exciting at all but some pics of the band that played at the wrap party.

QuoteTesting out the photobooth before jumping on stage for the Alien: Covenant Movie Wrap Party at @gpogrand

Filming hasn't quite finished yet though. "Not yet, next week and filming should be done" and the official wrap is "Tuesday week I think. Most of the Art Dept is done however.."

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteI think you'll be really happy :)

https://twitter.com/ulilatukefu/status/752330221966094336

From Uli Latukefu.

QuoteI would like to say a big thank you to @odd_studio for giving myself and Zeb the opportunity to work on Alien, we've loved it, working with and learning from amazing local and international artists, seeing everyones talent and what goes on on such a big production. I'll take away a lot of good memories and friends from this time.

Enoch

Corporal Hicks

QuoteThere is artwork created for Covenant that will blow your f**king mind!

That's all I'll say about that..

Dems some big words! I really can't wait to see what Wayne's talking about!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.facebook.com/eunice.song.96/videos/10154567227090995/

Dane Hallet and Eunice Song memento from the wrap party.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2016, 01:15:27 PM

Well there was artwork (unused) created for Prometheus that blew our minds.

Lets hope the best stuff has actually made it in this time.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 11, 2016, 02:51:13 PM

Ha, ha, I was just about to say that myself.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 10, 2016, 10:13:32 AM
Filming hasn't quite finished yet though. "Not yet, next week and filming should be done" and the official wrap is "Tuesday week I think. Most of the Art Dept is done however.."

Do you know if they are finishing on schedule, ahead of schedule or behind schedule?

Enoch

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 11, 2016, 03:48:27 PM
Do you know if they are finishing on schedule, ahead of schedule or behind schedule?

I belive they will finish all the work (+ post-production) as planned.
Everything on schedule, thats Ridley.

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/751966458603646976

Corporal Hicks

I think they're on time. I heard mid-July as being the end of filming a month or so back so seems to be on track.

Stolen

I'm already nostalgic ;D 
No delay for shooting, it was expected that it ends before the start of filming of Blade Runner Sequel.

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 11, 2016, 02:51:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2016, 01:15:27 PM

Lets hope the best stuff has actually made it in this time.

Which?
Prometheus hard to criticize on this point, they made choices, but the film is visually stunning. There are also magnificent artwork in Alien that I have liked to see in the movie, but you can't have everything ...

We live in a time when science fiction creative art is virtually absent, fortunately Ridley Scott returned with good intentions.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Jul 11, 2016, 06:50:02 PM
Which?
Prometheus hard to criticize on this point, they made choices, but the film is visually stunning. There are also magnificent artwork in Alien that I have liked to see in the movie, but you can't have everything ...

We live in a time when science fiction creative art is virtually absent, fortunately Ridley Scott returned with good intentions.

Just a few samples from Steven Messing. Epic scale, biomechanical elements, dark moody atmosphere. There's a lot more out there:

Mr. Clemens

Man, I love that over-under corridor thing. Sets the imagination on fire.  :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2016, 06:24:22 PM

I think they're on time. I heard mid-July as being the end of filming a month or so back so seems to be on track.

No delay for shooting, it was expected that it ends before the start of filming of Blade Runner Sequel.

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 11, 2016, 04:10:01 PM

I belive they will finish all the work (+ post-production) as planned.
Everything on schedule, thats Ridley.

QuoteEverything on schedule, thats Ridley.

Quotethats Ridley.

:laugh: That my friend is sadly not the Alien or Blade Runner Ridley who was responsible for setting a new benchmark for science fiction films. On Alien and Blade Runner, Ridley was way behind schedule and over budget. He had completion bond guarantors on set shouting at him, telling him to hurry-up or cut this or cut that. A week after finally wrapping on Blade Runner, Ridley was officially fired from the production. But he just said; "f*ck it" and continued to work on the picture despite that minor little technicality. Those were the days when he did on average 15 to 20 takes after taking about 5 hours to set up the shot. He was a relentless perfectionist. He created science-fiction art films that defined the genre.

Fast forward to the present day when he does everything in 2 takes, 3 tops. An oiled movie production conveyor belt designed to churn-out movies virtually effortlessly and with minimum drama. But I can't really blame him, a director who's always over schedule and over budget is not going to last long in this business.

Enoch

Enoch

Yes, you are right; but there are some advantages when you do only few takes!
He filmed Alien that way, and the best reactions are often spontaneous, not rehearsed ones.
Its not only because studios are demanding faster pace that Ridley decided to do lees takes, but
because there are a greater chances to create more real situations in that way. Blame lame actors and
illogical scripts... becuause those two are the main reason Ridley has failed in few of his previous movies,
not because he is doing only few takes. He is not the only great director doing that! His main problems now
are bad choices of scriptwriters and too many ideas in his head that he wants to put in one movie, and the other problem
is the presence of unconvincing actors. Not all of them, but only two are needed to ruin the movie! ;D

P.S. I saw those illustrations long ago, I have all of them on HDD. Amazing work and its a great
shame they did not make to be in the movie. One positive thing is: now there are greater chances we ll see
such scenes in Covenant. Afte rall Prometheus was Ridleys firts SF movie after a long time. I strongly believe
he finaly learned what his mistakes are!

Stolen

Stolen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 11, 2016, 08:43:49 PM
Which?

Just a few samples from Steven Messing. Epic scale, biomechanical elements, dark moody atmosphere. There's a lot more out there:

Wonderful  ;D
As I say they make choices, but the end result is excellent. Little different, but great.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 11, 2016, 09:14:47 PM
:laugh: That my friend is sadly not the Alien or Blade Runner Ridley who was responsible for setting a new benchmark for science fiction films. On Alien and Blade Runner, Ridley was way behind schedule and over budget. He had completion bond guarantors on set shouting at him, telling him to hurry-up or cut this or cut that. A week after finally wrapping on Blade Runner, Ridley was officially fired from the production. But he just said; "f*ck it" and continued to work on the picture despite that minor little technicality. Those were the days when he did on average 15 to 20 takes after taking about 5 hours to set up the shot. He was a relentless perfectionist. He created science-fiction art films that defined the genre.

Fast forward to the present day when he does everything in 2 takes, 3 tops. An oiled movie production conveyor belt designed to churn-out movies virtually effortlessly and with minimum drama. But I can't really blame him, a director who's always over schedule and over budget is not going to last long in this business.

Not the same time..  :(
Now many things are done after shooting (CGI)

Ridley is still perfectionist, but he is much experienced now. He knows that time is money, so he turns with 4, 5 or 7 cameras simultaneously. The first/two takes are always the best.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed