News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 560,261 times)

Giger Beast

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 28, 2016, 09:54:08 PM
I maintain, I rather liked Alien Harvest.  :P

Oh yeah, I actually really dig that script. It has some awesome ideas.

Corporal Hicks

The guy who actually wrote it was on the forum defending its authenticity. He didn't like people's negative responses to it.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2016, 08:50:52 AM
The guy who actually wrote it was on the forum defending its authenticity. He didn't like people's negative responses to it.
Is there any possibility it was real and predated Spaights' involvement?

Corporal Hicks

No. The whole thing was mentioned on the bluray and it claimed to be Spaihts script.

Whiskeybrewer

Was that the one with the two storylines that didnt intersect?

I remember them talking about that in Empire while they were making Prometheus lol

T Dog

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 29, 2016, 12:05:12 PM

I remember them talking about that in Empire while they were making Prometheus lol
Yeah there was an android that linked them I think.
In fairness it did actually have some good ideas and a lot of people were convinced it might have been real as it was pretty far out and interesting!

I remember the xenos were basically ant sized and were used to clean planets for terraforming (I'm guessing the black goo is basically this in microbiological form instead of ant sized).

Pvt. Himmel

While this fan made I would like to see something similar .

Corporal Hicks

I keep meaning to re-read it actually. But I remember it being ridiculous. Ant-Aliens that were apparently the origins of the Aliens.

So the spoof Ridley account is at it again.  :laugh:

QuoteI'm ok, forklift and all. Christ those go fast. Nearly lifted Fassbender's ego to new heights, we laughed #AlienCovenant. Then cried #Brexit
https://twitter.com/Sir_RidleyScott/status/748208978836992000

Corporal Hicks

QuoteThat really was one of the most immense incredible moments in my life. Walking on to the Alien Covenant set in my Japanese Tabi's. So f**king amazing.

In the ALIEN universe you really are working with the creme de le creme of design and engineering.

On the call sheets I love how cast names are all in full and Fassbender's reads
DAVID | MF

From an actress.

Stolen

I'm jealous.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2016, 05:41:56 PM

I keep meaning to re-read it actually. But I remember it being ridiculous. Ant-Aliens that were apparently the origins of the Aliens.

So the spoof Ridley account is at it again.  :laugh:

QuoteI'm ok, forklift and all. Christ those go fast. Nearly lifted Fassbender's ego to new heights, we laughed #AlienCovenant. Then cried #Brexit
https://twitter.com/Sir_RidleyScott/status/748208978836992000

I'm also someone who liked ALIEN HARVEST, and while I did receive emails from its author claiming it was a hoax (but no response after that), it's kind of remarkable, the way the end of Prometheus seemed to set-up an Alien Harvest-like scenario. Especially when you combine it with what we know of Covenant.
Take these with a grain of salt.
For starters, in Harvest, there is an Android-character stranded on a Paradise-like planet, for about 10 years, with another slave who had just been woken from 2 years of hyper-sleep. It is here on Paradise they discover the aliens. Its a version of them we havent yet seen, and they are tiny bugs that the Engineers use to terraform planets. There is the traditional xenomorph in the script as well. 1 creature we already know and another we don't - as reported. One of them tries to notify the Company that the place exists but the other likes their life there, and doesn't want the rest of civilization to know about Paradise... So, the one slave murders the other so they can have Paradise to themselves... AND it's the Android character who kills its lover. Which would make the android the sole survivor, and the murder victim Shaw. In that way David would be murdering Shaw because he doesn't want mankind to know about Paradise and wants to live in peace their with the Space Jockeys, IE; Engineers. It even had an Adam and Eve like-thing going on, which is part of Paradise Lost. In Harvest it was between 2 men, which caused a lot of problems but many people speculated at the time that script appeared that it could easily be changed to an android and a women and still make sense.
IN the meantime, INTERLACED with that story (on PARADISE with the two slaves) there was a second story about a team of explorers on their way somewhere, unknown. They had another android who was identical in looks to the slave on the planet (much like the two Fassbenders in Covenant) on board with them, and they encounter the Juggernaut in space orbiting around a planet. Circumstance cause them only to shoot it down on what we assume is LV426. We later realize the two timelines link and the ship the crew encounters is the one in question in the other story line taking place on Paradise.
Also of note is that the crew on board that ship included a female character who is worried about time dilation causing her to miss her kid's childhood.

Mr. Clemens

Hmm. Those parallels are a little spooky, actually.

CainsSon

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 30, 2016, 01:10:09 AM

There are a lot of ridiculous things too, like Karate kicking a giant cat alien.

Corporal Hicks

T Dog

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 30, 2016, 04:56:52 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 30, 2016, 01:10:09 AM

There are a lot of ridiculous things too, like Karate kicking a giant cat alien.
Just you wait until that scene sequence shows up in Covenant....just you wait  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed