News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 559,569 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2016, 04:36:18 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 04, 2016, 03:32:34 PM
I think they weree just meant as lil teases nothing more. Just people reading way to much into them lol.

This. As nice a notion as it was, it was just a notion. I don't expect we'll see anything else based off numbers to do with the movies until next April.

These 'lil kind of teases are usually placed as a build-up to something more significant. I wouldn't have given them much thought if they were just posted on Alien Anthology's twitter page but these were literally plastered over every official 20th Century Fox account.

Quote from: Alexx on Jun 04, 2016, 04:49:18 PM
Don't know if anyone seen this..

Just another fan-made account. Probably another of Scified's ones.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 04, 2016, 08:50:37 PM

It's one of Scified's. The link points back to the Alien: Covenant website they own.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2016, 09:52:31 PM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 04, 2016, 08:50:37 PM

It's one of Scified's. The link points back to the Alien: Covenant website they own.

I figured as much.

Maybe Fox will re-release Prometheus back in theaters either as a limited run or as a double feature with Covenant just on opening night like they are doing with ID4.

Maybe a certain Corporal who we all know, and love could contact Fox and persuade them. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Quote#MichaelFassbender recently spotted out with girlfriend Alicia Vikander in Sydney, Australia

Still no blond hair.

Quote from: Alexx on Jun 04, 2016, 11:36:32 PM
Maybe a certain Corporal who we all know, and love could contact Fox and persuade them. 8)

To be perfectly honest I'm not even how those kinds of runs are managed.

whiterabbit

Stalkers I tell you. What color is his hair... gesh, I wonder what would have happened if he was seen with an evil looking twirling blond handlebar moustache. :P

Corporal Hicks

The pap's gotta eat, man!

whiterabbit

If they're that hungry, then they should work at a restaurant. Hell they'd probably get juicer pics.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 06, 2016, 11:04:09 AM

Quote#MichaelFassbender recently spotted out with girlfriend Alicia Vikander in Sydney, Australia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGSxft_K2Gg/

Still no blond hair.

To be perfectly honest I'm not even how those kinds of runs are managed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGTr7f-xduB/

You don't have to know, all you have to say is " Maybe Fox could do double feature with Prometheus, and Covenant." Let them handle the rest. ;)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

SO OH MY WORD! ARE THOSE POT PLANTS BEHIND FASSBENDER??!!

Dis movie is gonna be dope dudes!

Maybe Fox will re-release Prometheus back in theaters either as a limited run or as a double feature with Covenant just on opening night like they are doing with ID4.

Probably be better to do Alien instead of Prometheus. Prometheus is just going to harm Covenant ticket sales.  :P

Perfect-Organism

I hope they release an extended cut blu-ray of Prometheus before Covenant hits theatres...

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 06, 2016, 02:27:47 PM

Probably be better to do Alien instead of Prometheus. Prometheus is just going to harm Covenant ticket sales.  :P

I don't agree the Prometheus will harm ticket sales. Casual fans of the series seemed to like Prometheus a great deal. People always bring it up to me. Its the real sci-fi nerds that are divided and 'divided' is a key word there. Half of those people have equally as nice things to say.
Myself- im somewhere in between. I don't HATE it, overall.  I hate some of its choices and love others.

Actually the best thing to do is show Prometheus, Covenant and Alien.

I see why they had to attach 'ALIEN' before 'COVENANT' but it breaks continuity.

Perfect-Organism

Fear not, soon we will have Alien: Prometheus...   8)

NickisSmart

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 06, 2016, 04:27:53 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 06, 2016, 02:27:47 PM

I don't agree the Prometheus will harm ticket sales. Casual fans of the series seemed to like Prometheus a great deal. People always bring it up to me. Its the real sci-fi nerds that are divided and 'divided' is a key word there. Half of those people have equally as nice things to say.
Myself- im somewhere in between. I don't HATE it, overall.  I hate some of its choices and love others.

I know plenty of "casuals" who hate the movie, while myself, a hardcore fan of Alien, feel pretty much the same way about it you do.

I think Scott is attaching Alien in front of it, and not Prometheus, because a large portion of the complaints were simply that the film wasn't Alien enough. It felt almost like a stand alone film, different in content, sub-genre and style--barring several exceptions, overall. Scott is trying to distance himself from the negativity and move closer to the popularity of the original, while still having some big interesting ideas that frankly I liked, in Prometheus.

CainsSon

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 06, 2016, 04:33:13 PM
Fear not, soon we will have Alien: Prometheus...   8)

Then they will have to rebrand them all -

Alien: Nostromo
Aliens: Sulaco
Alien: Fury
Alien: Auriga

Corporal Hicks

They wouldn't need to. That's the theme for the new series! I wouldn't be too surprised to see Prometheus rebranded for home release again closer to Covenant's release but NickisSmart brings up a good point about not being directly tied to Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed