News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,028 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote the damn things, mang!

Quote@ankaris Is Covenant similar to Prometheus in its ambition?

Quote@blahokblahwhat It won't be what you expect. Can't say any more than that!

Quotecommemorative.rings#congratulations to me. I've been asked to do a #collegering for the #movie #aliencovenant #ridleyscott #jussiemollett I have done one for #unbroken too 😊 #angelinajoliepitt #champagne #celebratelife

Nothing special. From Facebook -

QuoteNot a bad view from our chalet in Milford Sound. Rubbed elbows with Ridley Scott and Michael Fassbender, too. :)

QuoteWhy this photo? Firstly, the place on the left with the light coming out is my Joint/Donga. Secondly all those trucks are part of the production crew for the upcoming Alien Movie Covenant.. Filmed on location in Milford Sound.. It was a suprise at midnight last night (& no I didn't get any sleep, without warning) that my place was going to be the production crew shred down. Had 4 security guards out the front of my door all night talking shit. Anyway, I put up with it and now I claim my glory of being part of the production. Haaaa..

Infected

Infected

Ridley is gonna do the Martian approach,
only that will make it claustrophobic.
If you are gonna watch an alien movie you are ready for it,
if you are gonna watch a movie like the Martian with all the gravity and no breathable air stuff it will get scary soon,
when an alien pops up to dysect you.
Prometheus was everything so high tech same as in the other Alien movies that followed and the AVP, in Alien they had to go down with a sorry ass cable and elevator that was poorly constructed.
It does matter if you have to climb up somewhere like the orery of the huge Jockey or you just oh i use my jetpack to get there.
Having these things it would make a movie much more scary and on the edge of your seat,
as in Aliens when Ripley gets in the last elevator, will it be fast enough to go up in time what will happen when the doors open,
Bishop is gone? f**k what about the timer.
Interstellar for instance cold windy place where you are alone with the elements where Matt Damon is running out of food and time, shit will get a lot more scary when you are being hunted or followed, when he gets in the fight with
Matthew McConaughey you really start to hate Damon really fast, its so simple.
Making an alien scary or dangerous in a high tech universe or situation is a lot harder and nearly impossible,
and it will probably result in more of a Starship Trooper thing or an Aliens thing,
i think Cameron really knew this from the beginning of writing.

i just had to rant this down in poorly Engrish, sorry.

Corporal Hicks

Quote@ankaris @blahokblahwhat Man this wait is killing us! Can you tell us whether it's the most fun you've ever had?

Quote@_kemosh_ @blahokblahwhat Most fun film job was 5th Element.. The Wolverine & Alien Covenant equal 2nd so far!

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/720908715361046528

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 15, 2016, 09:41:14 AM
Quote@_kemosh_ @blahokblahwhat Most fun film job was 5th Element.. The Wolverine & Alien Covenant equal 2nd so far!

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/720908715361046528

Wayne is often very cryptic about Covenant... but I think he very much enjoyed working on that movie, and if I remember correctly, he somewhere expressed his wish to work on two next movies.

His reply to some of the questions about Covenant left me wondering:
https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/720232220464586752

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I like it how Wayne diplomatically avoided answering kemosh's second question.

The Fifth Element was awesome though. Kind of a live action Moebius comic, starring Ian Holm, Al Matthews and Brion James from Alien, Aliens and Blade Runner. I think I saw it about 4 or 5 times during it's initial theatrical run.

First picture of Michael Fassbender in Australia hanging out with some fine upstanding gentlemen from the local slammer:

https://twitter.com/MFOnline/status/721305513795854337

Note Michael's hat.  ;)

Stolen

Amy Seimetz on Alien Covenant

QuoteLearning those skills has clearly paid off. Seimetz is currently working on her strangest, largest role yet: acting in Ridley Scott's "Alien: Covenant," out in 2017.

"I feel like I'm a bit of a spy," she jokes. "For me, I haven't thought that big before only because my brain has always been, like, What can I make that's in front of me right now? Right now I get to go onto a set that's so huge and learn how to do that, which was never part of my possibilities in the past."

http://www.backstage.com/interview/4-skills-landed-amy-seimetz-girlfriend-experience/

Corporal Hicks

When Wayne Haag was asked about Prometheus - "It looked fantastic.. Story was so so.."

Corporal Hicks

Quotekatherinetulich#aliencovenant #ridleyscott shooting right behind me at fox studios Sydney. Snuck a peak at the set. Wow!

Waiting to see if she replies with some details about what she saw.

QuoteI'm trying to be professional around Michael Fassbender on set. #AlienCovenant

https://twitter.com/maredfield/status/722244896862707713

Godzillakuj94

So who else is doing concept art for this film besides Wayne? I notice he mainly does landscape and architecture so I wanna know if they have a good creature designer on the team.

Corporal Hicks

According to IMDB - Evan Shipard, Jeremy Love, Matt Hatton. They don't have Wayne on there.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2016, 06:58:47 AM
Quotekatherinetulich#aliencovenant #ridleyscott shooting right behind me at fox studios Sydney. Snuck a peak at the set. Wow!

You posted a tweet or instagram last night in which someone said they were still shooting at Milford Sound? Or was it old information?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 08:19:42 PM

QuoteRidley Scott's Alien: Covenant, filming in Fiordland  ;) Film crew were everywhere. When the rain began to come down hard, I swear we caught sight of Scott and Fassbender in the camp's tent, about a few kms away from this fog bomb scene ... huddled over macs. ;-)))

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 19, 2016, 02:32:52 PM
You posted a tweet or instagram last night in which someone said they were still shooting at Milford Sound? Or was it old information?

I still think they're actually constructing sets at Sydney. Probably just Katherine getting the hashtags in.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

CainsSon

It's not uncommon for them to be multiple working units. Especially for FX stuff and well, like explosions... In the case of Fassbender being there with Scott, they could fly them in for one day while the rest of the Unit does everything else.

As for the WYutani on David's hat; he did ALSO wear a W badge with wings in the David 8-commercial.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed