Thoughts of Negativity

Started by Spoonman101, Jun 17, 2014, 03:39:59 PM

Author
Thoughts of Negativity (Read 3,409 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Wey-Yu Xeno

Wey-Yu Xeno

I'm not too sure about the fact that Androids are the basic enemies....

I'd accept them as a boss, but not as a regular enemy in the game. Are all the androids programmed to kill?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

They've said in a couple of the interviews that they can be positive/negative/passive. Not sure if that's referring to their allegiance or if that's referring to the way they integrate into the gameplay itself.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

There was an article that mentioned that the alien only hears the sound you as a player cause... This kind of bothered me...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Alternatively i've heard it said that if other human characters start shooting or shouting/making a lot of noise the Alien will show up. So it remains to be seen.  :)

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

That's good news. I was worried there for a bit that that wouldn't be the case.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I'd like to know which version is true.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 23, 2014, 05:44:11 PM
There was an article that mentioned that the alien only hears the sound you as a player cause... This kind of bothered me...

Do you have a link? I don't recall hearing that.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Yeah hold on. Search with me though.
If I find it I'll reference it on this post.

http://kotaku.com/how-the-alien-in-alien-isolation-works-1585594283

QuoteYou can't run, because you'll make too much noise. You can't turn your flashlight on, because you'll get spotted. You can, however, creep around silently, and hide in every new room you enter. Eventually I had my first encounter that forced me out of my dependency on trying not to pierce the silence of the space station I was navigating. I saw a few humans, who immediately brandished their guns at me and yelled for me to leave. They seemed almost as terrified as they did eager to put me down. While I cowered in a locker, sure that the lone Xenomorph would get here any second given the amount of noise the shouting moron was making, I saw the human walk into the room I'd dipped into, pacing back and forth searching for me and muttering about how I had to leave immediately. They sounded like words of a madman.

I couldn't understand why the Xenomorph didn't make its appearance yet, and then I finally gathered up the courage to run into the room—where I realized there were actually multiple humans—and fired off a few rounds. Not to kill anyone, though. I wanted to make my own noise, because clearly the alien was only attracted to noise I'd made, not anyone or anything else. I dipped back into my trusty locker again, and watched as the humans came running after me, firing off bullets and then, just like I planned, squashed by the alien.

I think the person who wrote the review is a noob now that I look back at it. This seemed pretty vague, sorry for wasting ya'll time :p

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I don't know for certain but I don't think this was the only mention of the issue, so it might be true. And if so, it would be very... wrong.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

These are one the worst kind of AIs...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

What they're trying to do with the creature's AI is very commendable, and quite tricky to pull off in the context of an entire game. Also, given that all the demonstrations (at least from what i've heard) have had the AI stripped down and limited for the purposes of the demonstration, I think it's safe to guess that this may just be a limitation present in the demonstration itself.  :)

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Well I hope so. This would be a very big peeve for me if I were to play it.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 17, 2014, 03:39:59 PM
This game is recieving a lot of hype and for an alien  fan I am both weary and excited for Isolations release.
Hyped because of the new format and experience this will grant in the Alien franchise however weary due to the last 3 titles being well rather stale. Alien infestation was a nice little game to play for the ds but not something graphically dramatic like the console games AvP 2010 and Colonial marines. AvP 2010 was limited in terms of length in story mode and locked one on one fighting multiplayer. Aliens colonial marines for being well... rather shit....
I've put myself in a situation where I don't feel like looking forward to this title just so that I can really enjoy the results. How does everyone else feel about the release?

Like you i'm a bit optimistic but I have confidence that they can turn this around with Isolation. You hear how open the developers are. Their talking in their videos, their engaging with fans. They have got everyone pumped. So if they screw this up i'm sure it will be the last straw for an Alien video game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed