AvP Article in Sci-Fi Magazine

Started by Darkness, Jun 22, 2004, 09:44:59 PM

Author
AvP Article in Sci-Fi Magazine (Read 27,397 times)

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

I dont say that its not fast, but they are not that fast. first, when Billy got killed on the log, the pred got there fast, too fast. It was like that in movies at that time. Sometimes, you could see that kind of stuff in movies like star wars and others where you say how the hell did he got there that fast. Look at horror movies, it was alot in these movies like Friday the 13 or chainsaw massacre. Where you see the bad guy coming out of nowhere when the hero ran like 3 times faster than him. one other thing, you dont even hear a branch or a leaf moving in that sequence wich is almost impossible to do. I dare you to walk and jump on threes without making any noise. Hard to do ( for humans    ;)  ) but even cats that are not that heavy at all makes some noise. So a I think 600 pound pred thats not making any noise. Bit contreversial there. Anyway its my opinion. you can say me wrong.   then for dillon, you can clearly see that the pred is far from goin at the speed of a cheetah. Wich is almost impossible for a 2 legged creature. You can see the background behind the pred not defiling that fast at all. was just like if we ran, the pred in that sequence is not goin more than 20-25 kph max. And you dont real;ly see the pred goin that fast in P2 as well. Anyway if ya got more example of it, I would love to hear them. Cuz for now I still think that the alien is faster.

Variable

Variable

I am going to have to take Hell Alien's side on this one. Aliens are definetly faster. This is shown in Alien 3 the most. When that thing got going it flew. It outran so many people. Only a few people got away, like David, who eventualy bought it anyway.    >:D   They are faster.

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

Variable, I dont want to start anything either. But I hate when things like this happen, that ppl are getting too much in tha character they love. I love tha pred, he is the coolest of the movie industry, Hes been copyied alot and that is what makes him so great to my eyes. But when I say that aliens have bigger chances, Im not getting the pred down to a point where anything could kill it . Im trying to give supporting arguments to what Im saying. Cuz tha pred is a damn good warrior that will not be easy kill, but so will be tha alien as well. The movie will finally show that. I just want ppl to stop saying aliens are shits when they dont even know why they say it. Just cuz they love the pred better.  Anyway if ya guys want, we stop all of this right now. I never taught that it was goin to get like this. At the point of insults and bullshitting. I apologize to you guys for that, really I didnt want that to go there. But I taught that ppl were goin to give some good arguments here. That I would learn more stuff, but like I said I defenetly dont reffer to books comics and games what alot of ya guys do. Thats why its not workin. Anyway sorry for this and if ya all want, we end this. Or if ya want to continue its fine with me

Fari_21

Fari_21

PREDAtor.....WIN....alien...go home draggin ur dead bodies...   ;D     >:D  

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

Preds moving as fast as cheetahs? thats a lil ridiculous dont you think!

avpmaster132004

avpmaster132004

hec no the preds are weak aliens will win

Yen?

Yen?

I have a question.  If Bishop Weyland has billions, then why does he have a shitty office?  Look at the pic of him, Lex, and Max in his office.  I mean c'mon, even I have a nicer office than that.  Maybe he means a billion yen.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

It might be his temporary office on the boat.

TheOutcast

TheOutcast

Ladies and Gentleman, I certainly don't mind speculating, but when answering the question which is stronger? or who would win in a fight? It is impossible to answer. Each film (either predator or alien) has had a different director or has changed the attributes/feats/abilities of the two species to a degree in order for it to look the way he wants it. The Same goes for the books and any other canon. Also there is immersuarable or impossible to calculate/guess factors involved when discussing this (i.e. skin, strength, environment, individual etc). It is an impossiblity for there to be right answer especially considering these two characters are fictional. To a select few : just because people disagree with you does not mean you have to insult or put down people. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. There is no right or wrong answer and when people start swearing and insulting each other the argument/debate disolves and it becomes personal. I am not going to be specific but can please a few people grow up and be mature and turn out an interesting discussion/debate.

Shadow

Shadow

I was watching from the sidelines all the bickering happening in this comments forum and could'nt help being amused. So what if some fans believe a predator can dodge bullets or even kill an alien with it's bare hands (with no weapons). It does not matter. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Anyway my opinion is (an opinion and not fact) that a predator cannot dodge bullets nor has the ability to kill an alien with it's bare hands. What would the point be of young predators testing their mettle against aliens then be, as will be depicted in the movie.  By the way, I prefer Predators but cheapening an alien's ability does not bode well, especially for alien fans. The alien after all should be correctly portrayed as the perfect monster / killing machine.  Yo Bringer of Death, you seem sensible.

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

hahaah, Fan vs. Fans!    ;D  

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

Can we talk about the movies plz ? Yautja and Xenomorph both cool. I like the Xeno's as much as the Yautja's.

shadow

shadow

One question. Will there be three or five predators in AVP?

OSWOC

OSWOC

I hope there are 5 predators in Avp or more

Barreth

Barreth

hahaha wow, it got pretty heated in here after I left.. but outcast is right. Regardless of what anybody says or thinks, you have to remember these characters are fictional and that their abilities are going to vary from movie to movie based on the directors ideas and how the plot is supposed to flow... as far as books and comics are concerned. All it really is, is a bunch of guys, or 1 guy... sitting in his basement trying to come up with new and interesting ideas to keep the story of aliens and predator fresh... so certain things are going to change  a healthy rivalry is fine... but dont get personal or angry... everyone has their preference and will defend it accordingly... but remember it is just fiction... and it's all supposed to be for fun...  and rotaderp or rotaderd or whatever the hell ur name is... ur just an idiot...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed