Sarah Schachner announces she is scoring Prey

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jun 16, 2022, 05:33:03 PM

Author
Sarah Schachner announces she is scoring Prey (Read 5,470 times)

BlueMarsalis79

When it comes to film or videogame music I have difficulty judging when not hearing it in the intended context, as I thought I already made clear tbh.

SiL

What does the context have to do with the quality of the music itself?

A great piece of music playing over an inappropriate scene makes the scene bad, not the music.

skhellter

Very good choice.

That Valhalla soundtrack is strong. Very evocative. (haven't touched those games).

BigDaddyJohn

Always interested to see new people come to the party.

Kailem

I always knew Alan Silvestri was a long shot, but I also really liked what other composers of Predator movies like Brian Tyler, John Debney, Henry Jackman etc. did with the scores for their respective films. I've played some of the games Sarah Schachner has worked on, but mostly so long ago that I can't recall anything of their music.

Regardless, here's hoping she's done a good job on this and we're in for another great Predator score!

I also hope they don't end up going "full Mandalorian/Obi-Wan" and completely ditching any and all existing themes (with one or two exceptions) in favour of 100% new stuff. I totally get why The Mandalorian went that route, and for the vast majority of the time it was absolutely the right choice, but watching Obi-Wan has definitely made me think "are we really not going to use that certain theme here? Really?"

So fingers crossed we get some new stuff that's evocative of the classic Predator scores of the past while also not overdoing it, maybe working up to only one or two uses of the main theme at key moments that have been built to after not having hear it at any point throughout the rest of the film.

Either way, like the rest of the film itself, I'm looking forward to it!

RoguePred1987

Being set before the original film, she doesn't necessarily have to feel beholden to the previous themes, although she could do the prequel thing and introduce fragments and seeds of those pieces. Listening to some of her other work there can be almost a dreamlike quality at times and a clear atmosphere presented. She should do great, I can't wait to listen. I think scores tend to come out a week or two before the film and track listings before that.

Clubroot

Clubroot

As long a its tribal AF. Some Turok 2 vibes  ;D

Mr.Turok

I enjoyed AC Origin's soundtrack so I think she got this down.
I'm hoping to forgoe the original Predator theme for a new unique theme like we seen in Predator 2. Lot of mixed urban/tribal themes that perfectly mixed with the new setting of the film and I'm hoping to see the same thought of mixing the current setting with the Predator's tribal theme in the soundtrack.

GreybackElder

I mean, I've never really been into Predator because of the music. Don't get me wrong, I love the main theme of predator and predator 2 and hopefully we get a call back to one of those themes an I'll be happy. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by the score.

Some Old Dude

I suspect she'll do a superb job. AC Valhalla has a great score.

Lord Gideon

Lord Gideon

Sarah is a brilliant composer. First came across her work in Modern Warfare 2019. Can't believe I'm going to be able to watch this in Comanche with her score. I am too excited for this film. Congrats to the whole team!

Wysps

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jun 17, 2022, 10:02:30 PMI mean, I've never really been into Predator because of the music. Don't get me wrong, I love the main theme of predator and predator 2 and hopefully we get a call back to one of those themes an I'll be happy. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by the score.
Yeah, I don't have a strong opinion either way (unless they're temp scoring from non-Predator films).  I'd guess that the themes for this movie would be different; perhaps more Native American inspired with winds and soft percussive sounds.  Something more evocative of the Plains. 

PredatorvsAliens

Is this good or bad ?

SiL

We'll let you know when they release some samples.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed