Sarah Schachner announces she is scoring Prey

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jun 16, 2022, 05:33:03 PM

Author
Sarah Schachner announces she is scoring Prey (Read 5,406 times)

Kradan

What we might know her work from ?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Not aware of her stuff. Did the Modern Warfare (the newer one) and Assassins Creed Valhalla soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrnmS9kOjwdy1d5FYvZ6f2w

From a quick listen to some of her Valhalla stuff, it's getting me a little excited. Has me imagining a score that's like Last of the Mohicans (which has a great score btw). Funny I hadn't really considered what the score might sound like until now, I certainly don't think something in the style of Predator would work

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 16, 2022, 05:50:14 PMWhat we might know her work from ?

Her Twitter bio says Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and Anthem.

BlueMarsalis79

Yikes honestly, hope this might be a step up though.

SiL

The Valhalla score is good, I'm keen to hear what she does.

Spooky artist

Spooky artist

Again I was hoping silvestri to come back but after listening to her work I'm generally curious to what her version of the predator theme would be

Kradan

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jun 16, 2022, 05:58:20 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 16, 2022, 05:50:14 PMWhat we might know her work from ?

Her Twitter bio says Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and Anthem.

Hmmm, doesn't necessarily fill me with confidence. But who knows, might be good, might be even great. I just hope she doesn't rely too much on classic theme, you know, "dudududu-dudududu-tututum" one

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Way stoked about this actually. Some big composers in films like Michael Giacchino got their start in games. You also see the reverse happening with some big Hollywood composers moving into games.

I only played a bit of Valhalla but I played all of Origins which she scored as well. Both games had excellent music. Also Modern Warfare 2019 which is another high production score.

Sarah Schachner's mentor was Brian Tyler, who scored AVPR. Say what you will about that one, it had a good score.

This performance at the Game Awards for Anthem a few years back was quite good. She scored the game but she's performing on the vocal modulation here:

BlueMarsalis79

All high production certainly, but the videogames themselves she's worked on have no soul to me, certainly that's not her fault but it means I find it difficult judging the scores themselves in quality.

RidgeTop

Can't say I agree with that assessment personally, I felt AC: Origns had plenty of soul, as did MW 2019.

BlueMarsalis79

Mediocre videogames from absolutely abhorrent companies, each of which both very much responsible for most of the awful trends in the industry.

RidgeTop

The companies certainly have massive issues, but that wasn't really part of what I was judging here. Both titles are highly reviewed & considered fan favorites in their series.

BlueMarsalis79

Fair enough, not my thing personally.

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 16, 2022, 09:48:38 PMAll high production certainly, but the videogames themselves she's worked on have no soul to me, certainly that's not her fault but it means I find it difficult judging the scores themselves in quality.
You can just listen to the music on its own...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed