Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 44,633 times)

Huntsman

That part of the movie is one of the strongest. The Aliens aren't just fodder and are a real threat, as they would be. Scar also gets in a good number of kills before he bites the dust.

Corporal Hicks

Of all the things in AvP, the actual strengths of the creatures is very balanced. The Alien took down Chopper with stealth (as they should). Celtic was actually owning that fight a lot more than he should have in close quarters, but ultimately it was his own arrogance that took him down. Scar was owning with the plasma caster (as he should have).

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 15, 2022, 11:08:11 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 15, 2022, 09:18:23 PMI think the movie looks very good, even some of the CGI.
I pretty much find everything about Scar getting facehugged baffling, this has so many issues in all parts of it from begging to end.

Indeed, Paul W. S. Anderson's bias towards Xenos really shows in the movie. He kills two Preds in 10 mins, and has Scar facehugged, and impaled. Uh.. does he hate Yautja?

Because hunting Aliens supposed to be a challenge not shooting fish in a barrel

All you Predator fans sure got dignified when Requiem came out tho

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2022, 10:33:43 AMAll you Predator fans sure got dignified when Requiem came out tho

https://j.gifs.com/mOkqKA@facebook.gif
"HUR HUR THIS SCENE GONNA PISS OFF ALIEN FANS LMAO"
-Colin & Greg Strause, AvPR commentary

(surprisingly similar to Terminator 3 commentary)

Kradan

Wait, really ? I need to listen to that !

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2022, 11:01:58 AMWait, really ? I need to listen to that !
if you wanna cringe 2x watching the movie, yeah

that commentary likely derived from Colin's experience HERE in 07

AvPR is the way it is because Colin Strause is a proto-Trevorrow, in essence

Huntsman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 17, 2022, 10:28:55 AMOf all the things in AvP, the actual strengths of the creatures is very balanced. The Alien took down Chopper with stealth (as they should). Celtic was actually owning that fight a lot more than he should have in close quarters, but ultimately it was his own arrogance that took him down. Scar was owning with the plasma caster (as he should have).
It's why I'm happy enough to list it as a decent enough movie. Getting the species right goes a long way, as it's the whole point of the production in the first place. Also, once an Alien nest expands in size it's very hard to control and detonation is pretty much essential. AvP went with that ending and I can respect that. I don't think Scar was going to wipe all of those Aliens out on his own otherwise.

BlueMarsalis79

Takes a lot more than respecting the creatures to make something worth watching in my opinion.

Kradan

But that's nice to have, especially in a movie called Creature vs Another Creature

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2022, 02:58:54 PMCreature vs Another Creature

Not seen that yet. Any good?  :laugh:

Kradan

It's better than its sequel

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 17, 2022, 05:30:27 PMNot seen that yet. Any good?  :laugh:
Beautiful movie!

Kradan

I remember seeing that one on the shelves

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2022, 07:15:40 PMI remember seeing that one on the shelves
I have seen it lmfao

Stitch

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 17, 2022, 08:10:27 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2022, 07:15:40 PMI remember seeing that one on the shelves
I have seen it lmfao
I have also seen it. Once. That was enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed