Alien Resurrection- Why or why not?

Started by Redfield, Jan 15, 2007, 04:39:49 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection- Why or why not? (Read 63,612 times)

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2007, 09:46:48 AM
I've had this urge to watch it again recently.

Yeah i've had moments like that strange isn't it.  We hate this movie but at times some of us still watch it.  I can't watch it without cringing or cursing.  A friend of mine loves the Alien Rez and is always trying to give me reasons to like it.  She also likes AVP....say no more...

The Ultimate Predator

I'd rather watch AvP over res. The main reason, they just didn't need to make Res. The Alien series would have ended brilliantly with A3, and been a great trilogy. AvP, as screwed up as it is, is still a new series in a way, and may have re-vitalized the industry with more AvP films (and hopefully a Predator film; thats one film that is needed).

Corporal Hicks

*sn***ers* Industry.

SM

SM

Quoteand may have re-vitalized the industry with more AvP films

More pillars of nonsense to follow the first!!  Yay!!  :D

xeno_alpha_07

Well nightfall over at ALien Legend has some interestings things to say about Alien Rez:

http://www.planetavp.com/al/AlienResurrection/MyThoughts/index.htm

I remember reading this years ago.

Alienseseses

My thoughts on Aliens being civilized:

They don't automatically become civilized. They need to be at their home world, that is where the civilization is. The others would be savages and stay savages, it doesn't come naturally. They need to be taught.

But... literature and art? Needs to be a bit more xenomorphic, thanks. Otherwise, they are humans.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2007, 09:50:21 PM
Quoteand may have re-vitalized the industry with more AvP films

More pillars of nonsense to follow the first!!  Yay!!  :D

Not necessarily. We'll have to wait and see with AvP2, won't we?

Corporal Hicks

I finished watching this last night. I'd had this dirty urge to see the movie again. And I liked it. To be honest, I wanted to watch it because of the new DH Press books. Their portrayal of the Aliens is a straight continuation of how they are in this movie - intelligent animals - and it made me want to watch the film again.

And I think it was about time I did watch it again. AvP has made my apprication of the film go up. Sure, the last act and a bit still suck ass, but the first half of the movie is pretty damn good. The characters are interesting, the stuff with the Aliens is interesting. Sure, the Eggs are pretty shitty but the animal design for the Aliens fits their portrayal.

I still hate the set design and lighting though, but the camera work is pretty damn good.

Johnny Handsome

I never had anything against Alien ressurection, in fact, i think its one of the better alien films imo.

Alien
Alien rez
Aliens
Alien 3

Pvt. Hicks

I love Alien Resurrection, first Alien film I saw in theaters, I was only 5, I remember watching some parts in the theaters.

Corporal Hicks

...wtf?

War Wager

You where 5 years old and you saw Resurrection at the cinema?  :o

War Wager

How the hell did you get in?

Pvt. Hicks

My dad took me.

War Wager

Geez! The most violent movie I saw at 5 was probably Jurassic Park!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed