Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 14, 2016, 05:57:07 AM

Author
Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World (Read 37,309 times)

Doggo33

RakaiThwei + BishopShouldGo - I don't know about 'Godzilla' but I'm not sure how 'Halloween' is at all non-linear. There's an original series and a remake series but they both run linearly.

SiL - I agree.

HuDaFuK - I don't think that's a fair comment about superhero movies generally. It's a comment about the MCU and one I agree with by the way. The MCU is so afraid to kill anyone off and when it does... it doesn't.
As for 'X-Men: The Last Stand' I love that it killed off characters (not necessarily in the ways that it did) but I don't like that movie overall. I find it boring basically but can understand liking it.
'Alien: Resurrection' though didn't resurrect everybody, just Ripley and despite the fact that I dislike that that's a money-grab I did like the way that story was done (in terms of the resurrection). That film is flawed but I can watch it mostly for its resurrection storyline so while it's easy to just write it off as a money-grab it was interestingly done, I feel.

TheSmashingTesticles - While the very premise of 'Alien 5' is licensed fan fiction and I expect it will try to be fan service-y, I think 'The Predator' has a much higher chance of failing as a movie. At the very least, I assume 'Alien 5' will be in some ways interesting whereas 'The Predator' could be just another Predator movie that's kind of forgettable and quite filled with fan service. If Arnold Schwarzenegger is cast, that's my hopes gone for that movie. To say it's going to surpass it by hundreds of miles seems ridiculous to me (unless you're all for cheap action movies).

SiL

For the record BishopShouldGo is taking the piss.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 16, 2016, 05:52:56 AM
I understand your point, I really do but... I could also ask, isn't that generally Hollywood overall?
Not at all. "f**k continuity, let's just do whatever" is a very recent concept, at least at the scale we're seeing.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: CelticPred97 on Jul 16, 2016, 09:48:30 PM
RakaiThwei + BishopShouldGo - I don't know about 'Godzilla' but I'm not sure how 'Halloween' is at all non-linear. There's an original series and a remake series but they both run linearly.

Not necessarily the thread for this, so you could PM me if you wanna get deeper into this.. BUT I'll answer it here. Even in Halloween's original series, there are two continuities-- you have the Halloween IV - VI timeline, and the H20 timeline which ignores IV-VI completely and apparently, a script writer or director of H20 had said IV - VI are an alternate timeline. So even the original series isn't at all linear.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2016, 12:38:30 AM
Not at all. "f**k continuity, let's just do whatever" is a very recent concept, at least at the scale we're seeing.

How recent are we talking? Because... I could think of several films going back from the 80s and 90s which more or less does this. But if you're talking about in the scale we're seeing in... Mmmm... I'll give you that.

And Alien-Predator, I'd love to respond to your post BUT I just feel like we would be taking the thread off-topic, since I want to really better respond to you, so you're probably better off actually PMing me about it.

Fincher

BEST NEWS EVER!! NO ALIEN 5 fan garbage!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Fincher on Jul 18, 2016, 04:03:01 PM

I thought you disowned Alien 3 and wanted the negs destroyed?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 19, 2016, 04:10:44 PM

Maybe it's another Fincher.  :P

Mr. Clemens

:D

Seriously though, I wish Fincher would lighten up a bit. Despite its flaws, there's so much beauty in Alien3! I can't think of a horror film since that was so artfully shot.

Anyway, back to topic...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 19, 2016, 08:02:54 PM

:D

Seriously though, I wish Fincher would lighten up a bit. Despite its flaws, there's so much beauty in Alien3! I can't think of a horror film since that was so artfully shot.

Anyway, back to topic...

I agree. Out of all the films, Alien 3 had some of the funniest characters. I freakin' love the extended edition.  :P

And everytime I read your name, I read it in Andrews' voice. I can't help it lol.

And just now I finally get why Eighth Passenger said "I thought you disowned Alien 3"... I just checked Alien 3 out on Wikipedia randomly and noticed "Fincher has disowned the film" while skimming the first few paragraphs.

Oh the shame of ignorance... it burns!

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 19, 2016, 08:32:15 PMeverytime I read your name, I read it in Andrews' voice. I can't help it lol.

Mission accomplished!  :D

I think my favourite comedic line in Alien3 is Pete Postelthwaite's wonderfully understated, "have YOU got some sort of plan?"  ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

For me, it's Morse's curiously posh, "F*ck!" after Andrews is taken :laugh:

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 19, 2016, 09:13:57 PM
For me, it's Morse's curiously posh, "f**k!" after Andrews is taken :laugh:

Classic!  :D

Also, it's a bit delightful how we're talking about our love of Alien3 in a thread about a movie that's disowned it.  :P

The Alien Predator

I love that line as well, HuDa, I laugh every time.  :laugh:

I also love the line where 85 is like "well I'm all outta ideas," and Morse was all "that doesn't surprise me."

And the "you f**king scared me SHITLESS!"

And that guy when he finds the jammed door and is like "GUUUUYS..." cracks me up...

There's too many to list.  :laugh:

Kimarhi

I love Alien 3.  I rate it just behind the second movie and thought it was a decent way to end a trilogy because it wasn't expected and wasn't the all tidy and neat gift wrapped endings we get in every other franchise.

HOWEVER, since I don't really believe anything can right the wrongs of Alien Res, Prometheus, and two AvP movies, I'm pretty much down with anything.

I say bring it on, you'll still like the original movies no matter what happens.

It is kind of sad the best Alien related media we've had recently has been Isolation, a videogame. 

Prez

So the guys at Perfect Organism Pod believe that Alien 5 has secretly begun production already. Their latest pod directly states this was their thinking based on Aaron's (Corporal Hicks) posting on their FB page about Weaver's comments regarding delays due to Avatar 2, etc.

Give it a listen.

It's plausible however I'm more convinced Weaver is genuinely and strategically saying these things to push Fox into getting the ball rolling.

BishopShouldGo

So their words are speculation. Just like anyone else's.

I get it. I want Alien 5 badly too. But it's not secretly in production. However I do believe if Weaver wasn't always bringing it up its traction would die.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed