Rumor: Cameron wanting to do an 'Aliens' Prequel.

Started by 0321recon, May 29, 2019, 03:31:02 AM

Author
Rumor: Cameron wanting to do an 'Aliens' Prequel. (Read 6,059 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Sandman 7 on Jun 04, 2019, 05:37:02 PM
I think this bringing back characters/actors in digital form isn't quite there yet.  Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One was almost comic book like, Carrie Fisher as Leia in the later Star Wars films was almost there, as was Rachael in Blade Runner 2049. but imho Its always the eyes that aren't quite right. (even when they are not green ;) )

I also think, you are so focused on the digital re-creation, perhaps searching for faults, you sometimes miss whats happening in the scene itself. I guess there will be a time when the technology is so good, we will no longer focus on it so much. 

ie I remember watching 'The Thing' prequel, and although I generally enjoyed it, the CGI monster was so (for best of word)...  'bland', it totally lost the vibe of the original for me, resulting in me focusing on it throughout the whole film, which ultimately left a bad taste.

The only re-creation of a human I've been impressed with so far is the young Arnold from Terminator Genisys. But yes I agree, they are years away from perfecting it, but it is inevitable they will.

However with the new Alien prequel it will just be de-aging not re-creation, a much easier task, so it will be wild to see a young Ripley if they go this route. :)

Sandman 7

Sandman 7

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 04, 2019, 06:07:20 PM
Quote from: Sandman 7 on Jun 04, 2019, 05:37:02 PM
I think this bringing back characters/actors in digital form isn't quite there yet.  Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One was almost comic book like, Carrie Fisher as Leia in the later Star Wars films was almost there, as was Rachael in Blade Runner 2049. but imho Its always the eyes that aren't quite right. (even when they are not green ;) )

I also think, you are so focused on the digital re-creation, perhaps searching for faults, you sometimes miss whats happening in the scene itself. I guess there will be a time when the technology is so good, we will no longer focus on it so much. 

ie I remember watching 'The Thing' prequel, and although I generally enjoyed it, the CGI monster was so (for best of word)...  'bland', it totally lost the vibe of the original for me, resulting in me focusing on it throughout the whole film, which ultimately left a bad taste.

The only re-creation of a human I've been impressed with so far is the young Arnold from Terminator Genisys. But yes I agree, they are years away from perfecting it, but it is inevitable they will.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DisastrousAmazingEkaltadeta-max-1mb.gif

However with the new Alien prequel it will just be de-aging not re-creation, a much easier task, so it will be wild to see a young Ripley if they go this route. :)

Yes that was a good attempt, but again its the 'eyes' where they need to improve, They always seem to be so lifeless in these digital replications, Somehow they need to work on an effect that makes them come more emotional & alive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed