Re Edit - Aliens

Started by 9th_Stew, Oct 27, 2012, 10:10:25 AM

Author
Re Edit - Aliens (Read 1,562 times)

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

I like to edit stuff and make movies etc and thought if i could re edit an entire film. Aliens will be my 1st project and i have uploaded my 1st re-edited scene for you guys to give me your opinions on.

In this scene i have blended both Sentry attacks into 1 which i feel adds more panic/dread to the film.

Your thoughts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BKefUNZOHA#ws

The Runner

The Runner

Very nice!!! You should re-edit the entire film to make the perfect cut. Well just use the SE and remove the hamster scene and add your edited in Sentry Gun scene and presto!!

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

In order

Ripleys ship
Dream
Inquest
Daughter
Hadleys Hope (Removed Newt sequence)
Gorman & Burke
Dream
Marines wake up etc..
Dropship landing (Removed hicks asleep)
LV426 (Removed acid burn scenes to give it more mystery)
Everything stays  the same just some quick cuts noticeably Vasquez dubbed "No hes not" and Hicks eat this scene (slight delay in shooting the rifle i just cut a few frames out so it a more wham bam thank you man)

Made the sentry scene early on after the attack to show that the aliens want these marines very badly! So i put both scenes together to look like they attack at all angles.

I will do more soon..

SM

SM

There's no continuity.  They're hammering on the pressure door - then suddenly up on level 2 after a very obvious jump cut.

Plus it still has Hudson's redundant commentary.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

All 4 characters are in the same room in both scenes.... :-\

SM

SM

Had another look.  For some reason the cut isn't as jarring when I watch it again.

Though, ultimately I'm not seeing the point in recutting it in the first place.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

just playing about with it to be fair and just experiment to see if adding or cutting scenes really does make a difference to how you watch something.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Good job with the editing but I prefer the original. Spaces the action out a bit instead of giving the audience everything at once.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed