What if (Two Queens in different areas who meet)

Started by A L I E N, Mar 07, 2010, 02:54:24 PM

Author
What if (Two Queens in different areas who meet) (Read 12,030 times)

#6.0

The hives will fight. But they will merge if one queen out lives the other.

Keg

simple..............thered be absolute hell on.........where talking old testament, real wrath of god type stuff, fire and brimstone coming down from the sky, rivers and seas boiling, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

maledoro

Quote from: A L I E N on Mar 07, 2010, 04:14:57 PM
Wouldn't The Queen stop laying eggs and Juggernaut fight it out?
Her job is to lay eggs. It's up to her aliens to defend her.

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Mar 07, 2010, 07:39:19 PM
Nature shows me two dogs sniff each other's asses when they encounter each other. Do you not think that seems more likely?
The aliens' behavior mirrors that of insects more so than canines. And, sometimes after an ass-sniffing, the two dogs fight.

Quote from: Kriszilla on Mar 07, 2010, 07:48:24 PM
Aliens aren't ants, they aren't from earth, they might not even be naturally evolved organisms.
For starters, Cameron made the assertion that the aliens mirror terrestrial insects by drawing on parallels from entomology. Secondly, science has to rely on existing models in order to predict the result of something that resembles the model. Granted, it can't be proven that the two queens would be hostile to each other, but based on what little we know of the aliens and how nature tends to show some sort of oneupmanship in almost every species we've encountered, it's a safe bet they are going to rumble. Whether they were made to measure or were created by nature doesn't enter into it.

OpenMaw

Jesus Christ.

Nature shows me two dogs sniff each other's asses when they encounter each other. Do you not think that seems more likely?

I dont understand what the Hell that even means or how it relates to what we've seen of alien behavior. The Adult aliens hunt, gather, and defend. The queen breeds. Together they form a hive. In the hive is a social structure, every so often iti s likely another queen is born and will either fight her mother for dominance or leave to start her own hive elsewhere. It makes perfect sense. There's nothing wrong with it. It isnt verified in the films, no, but it FOLLOWS the progression of events we saw in the films, until the films say otherwise.

Aliens as they have been depicted have a very similar colony/hive structure to that of ants/bee's. Their behavior is to gather and forage, and when attacked they swarm a target. The logical progression, until proven otherwise by film canon, is that they act just as similarly when we're talking about other hives and in terms of social structure. One Queen wouldnt tolerate another Queen's presence because its an inherent threat to the survival of HER hive. More queens = more eggs = fewer hosts to go around. Two queens would be one queen too many. 

Lie

They would just walk past each other, theres no reason for two queens to occupy the same area.

Alien³

They would shoulder barge one another, and then give each other snake eyes.

Navaha

Quote from: Navaha on Mar 07, 2010, 06:47:45 PM
Why on earth do two ant-hives fight when they encounter each other?

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 07, 2010, 07:03:42 PM
This. This is what nature shows us would happen. The queen's would be fighting for dominance over the territory and hosts.

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, because xenomorph social behavior TOTALLY more similar to dogs than bees/ants.

OH WAIT.

Alexa Chung

Navaha

JESUS CHRIST I'M COVERED IN BEES!!!!!

SM

I don't why they'd fight.  The eggs are more likely to live longer than a Queen or the other adults.  Their survival is paramount over access to hosts.

The PredBen

It depends.

They'd probably NOT fight eachother if there was no point. They were far enough away and there was enough hosts.

I believe if one hive had a far more amount of hots a " negoation " may occur likely followed by a small battle.

chupacabras acheronsis

they would grow in different directions.

maybe some drones will start fighting for hosts, but not in the scale of a full  all-out hive war.

(see comic: hive war)

and maleodoro, save that for the "was she having sex?" thread :P

Xenomorphine

I should point out the obvious here and state that there are actually hive insects - including bees - which form 'super colonies': Several hives all working fluidly with one another.

Large groups of spiders have also been noted doing this and nobody seems to know how they can communicate.

I'd much rather see this, because of it suiting the Alien's self-sufficiency theme far more.

Also, that 'Alien Resurrection' scene of them fighting looked a bit crap. Always struck me as something brought on by the human factor of their tainted genetics. There wasn't any reason for them to sacrifice an entire Alien, when they could have just done their version of what Ripley 8 did; each injure themselves slightly and pool the resulting corrosive fluids together. They'd heal quickly and were already low on numbers.

It had that unfortunate feeling of contradicting that quote in 'Aliens', where Ripley points out they don't f**k one another over "for a God damned percentage". Which, together with the Ash dialogue, outlining the "perfect organism", I sort of felt should exemplify how they are.

SM

A fight would imply that the one that got sacrificed was fighting back, which it wasn't.

The reason for the sacrifice is fairly obvious - biggest escape route in shortest time. Small amounts of acid take way too long.

Xenokiller

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Mar 07, 2010, 04:23:38 PM
Why on earth would they fight?
Well, it probably wouldn't be Earth... ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed