7 Things You Didn’t Know About Alien 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 12, 2022, 12:49:43 PM

Author
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Alien 3 (Read 2,242 times)

Corporal Hicks

Alien 3 is a film that will always be notorious for its troubled production. It will always be an example used in film schools. It will always be something that David Fincher prefers not to talk about. And for fans such as myself, it will always be a source of new behind-the-scene stories and tidbits.

I will never not be fascinated with the behind-the-scenes could-have-beens, or factoids about how these movies are constructed and the troubled production of Alien 3 means it will always be a source of some new fact. Even to this day there exists drafts of this film that have not escaped the vaults of 20th Century Studios. 

For the 30th anniversary of Alien 3, Alien vs. Predator Galaxy celebrated the troubled film's release with a countdown of what we considered to be the more interesting aspects of the film. When we do things like that we also like to focus on the lesser-known or lesser told facts, 7 of which I decided to further expand on for this article. Here are 7 things you didn't know about Alien 3.  

7 Things You Didn't Know About Alien 3Click here to continue reading.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

SiL

For once a list that's not just the same three facts about unused scripts.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks. I was genuinely aiming for things I thought most actual fans might not know! :)

skhellter

Ridley being attached to direct Gibson's script is interesting.
I don't doubt Gibson and Hill's words.

This directly contradicts Ridley's words on "never being asked back for the sequels".

Elmazalman

The Ridley Scott connection to the A3 project is old news. The 1987 Australian publication Shocking Cinema (by Phil Edwards) claims that he would be back in the director's chair (glad he passed).

The Face-Hugger miniature (hidden on the EEV exterior) is my favourite tidbit. Never knew about that one.

ralfy

Thanks. The reference to the Gibson script is notable, but for some strange reason I found it muddled when I heard the audio drama version of it.

Alien³

Thought this might be a good thread to post this...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed