Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,586 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Seems like it may just be the two Predator with the way the blog post was worded.

SuperiorIronman

According to some chatter on the forums there seems to be a stealth patch as well. Fixed a few bugs but I don't know why they wouldn't post that. Unfortunately it seems there's also a cloaking bug again. Which given how often this happens it's weird you wouldn't be looking for this.

Corporal Hicks

I just struggle to be too excited at this point.  :-\

PAS Spinelli

just two skins to scam some people out of their money with the promise of it being new content

SuperiorIronman

Last Predator looks like it's going to be Celtic. Leaks did have Noland in the description but Noland appears via a helmet. Tank seems to have been scrapped with only the helmet and dreadlocks available.

So it's looking pretty likely Celtic is it. Without any future leaks I'm not sure if they're going to support the game any further since it seems they're speedrunning the end of the content cycle. I almost feel like we should warn the Ghostbuster people cause this is what they're in for.

It's a shame because I honestly love the art direction on these two. Especially pirate as she has a new head and the art direction on the armor is while silly still pretty fun. But she and Amazon have only the one specialization and near as I can tell play identically. I'm not sure why they're forcing it out the door either other than to get the content cycle over and done with. It feels like such a waste as Predator A.I or even just using them in custom games offline would go far longer to extending shelf life of the game. Why buy all of these if you can't use them when the servers inevitably go offline?

Samhain13

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 17, 2022, 11:17:48 PMAccording to some chatter on the forums there seems to be a stealth patch as well. Fixed a few bugs but I don't know why they wouldn't post that. Unfortunately it seems there's also a cloaking bug again. Which given how often this happens it's weird you wouldn't be looking for this.

The stealth patch was nerfing the Bionic Predator

Still Collating...

Do they even have servers? I thought this was Peer to Peer? Shouldn't that be protected then against this phenomena of server shutdown?

Oh, and thanks to Samhain13's videos for reveling the truth. They nerfed Bionic in the stealth patch with no patch notes. I used to respect the devs before I knew what they were doing. They have been regularly releasing new predators with OP stats, that get nerfed once a new pred dlc comes which is intentionally OP again until the cycle repeats. So they change the pred you bought. And you bought it for the good stats, and now they're gone, and the next pred has OP stats on purpose. That's disgusting from the devs. It's not enough that you're making unbalanced, pay to win Pred dlc characters, you have the nerve to nerf them later so that we'd buy the new pay to win pred? Awful...

The new Pirate has infinite energy when clocked and thermal, which Bionic used to have until this new release. Now Amazon has the stamina of Scout, health of berserker, but perk points of Scout making her OP. But you can't get them cause of how they play, their stats, cause the devs will nerf the preds when the next one arrives if this trend is anything to go by. (Previously happened to City Hunter and Cleopatra, again thanks to Samhain13 for getting this out in the open)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 18, 2022, 09:25:23 PMDo they even have servers? I thought this was Peer to Peer? Shouldn't that be protected then against this phenomena of server shutdown?

Oh, and thanks to Samhain13's videos for reveling the truth. They nerfed Bionic in the stealth patch with no patch notes. I used to respect the devs before I knew what they were doing. They have been regularly releasing new predators with OP stats, that get nerfed once a new pred dlc comes which is intentionally OP again until the cycle repeats. So they change the pred you bought. And you bought it for the good stats, and now they're gone, and the next pred has OP stats on purpose. That's disgusting from the devs. It's not enough that you're making unbalanced, pay to win Pred dlc characters, you have the nerve to nerf them later so that we'd buy the new pay to win pred? Awful...

The new Pirate has infinite energy when clocked and thermal, which Bionic used to have until this new release. Now Amazon has the stamina of Scout, health of berserker, but perk points of Scout making her OP. But you can't get them cause of how they play, their stats, cause the devs will nerf the preds when the next one arrives if this trend is anything to go by. (Previously happened to City Hunter and Cleopatra, again thanks to Samhain13 for getting this out in the open)

No problem. Not a surprise, like you said happened before, and might happen again with Pirate/Amazon when I guess Celtic or Tank come next. But they will never nerf OP DLC FT classes like Dante  :laugh:

To be honest, the classes have good stats but FT is still so OP that it isn't really enough to compete.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Random ass drop happened tonight. Can't see it yet but apparently Scar's mask is in the game now. A few fixes and as well but god forbid somebody post patch notes. Cause if they're here I haven't seen them.

Edit - so there is a couple of bullet points in the patch notes. Outside the specializations it does not state anything was changed even though they did. 4 new masks for those who are interested (Scar bizarrely is Sempi and is 25,000).

Samhain13

Yep, they fixed the specs on the new preds and nerfed Pirate energy + 4 new masks:

Kailem

So, looking back through the datamine thread and seeing these new masks were discovered quite a while ago, it looks like the only one left that's not in there yet is Tracker's mask, right?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Kailem on Nov 23, 2022, 05:49:52 PMSo, looking back through the datamine thread and seeing these new masks were discovered quite a while ago, it looks like the only one left that's not in there yet is Tracker's mask, right?

I think so.

Kind of weird with Celtic coming down the line. His helmet is in-game and you can recreate the scar. The only AVP (barring Requiem's Bone Grill) predators to not have an in-game helmet now is the Elder and the flashback helmets. That is of course assuming they're not silly about it and have a post-Grid helmet for the class.

Mr.Black comes to mind about helmets unlocking early, but Celtic will essentially stand on his own for his pack.

cmyk4you

cmyk4you

Nothing interesting in this game. The tasks are boring, entering a lot of skins does not save. ;D

The plot is broken and as it was called the canon :-X

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: cmyk4you on Dec 12, 2022, 06:46:51 AMNothing interesting in this game. The tasks are boring, entering a lot of skins does not save. ;D

The plot is broken and as it was called the canon :-X

You came here from the Illfonic forums didn't you?

SuperiorIronman

Leak archive indicates Tank is a real Predator with an outfit similar to Tracker. Looks like new dreads along with it which is strange given Tank has Exile.

Scar's head is also in the files. Why it wasn't released with Scar I'll never know. You'd honestly think somebody would've checked that before shipping.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed