Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 81,079 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Ah got mah popcorn for the next session already. 

This sequel is gon b good.

*munch, munch, munch...*

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

You know what, good on Sega, they have put in a good faith agreement to get a lot of people their money back whilst it becomes more and more apparent it was Gearbox who was flat out lying about the game to fans and also to Sega itself.

I just hope Randy get dragged through the dirt for this, he really deserves it!

Adam802

Adam802

gearbox is a cancer

Ace781

Ace781

u people do realise it was SEGA that decided to delete the code, that ruined the game from its original form dont you... or are you so blinded by SEGA's BS as their sheep...

if Gearbox had been allowed to release the version they were making instead of the version SEGA had changed their minds in wanting for example "Call of Duty" with Xeno's which was clear that fans did not want another CoD game especially since they wanted something more true to what GBX was creating anyway...

it isn't the first time SEGA has done this sort of under handed bad business decision and it flipped up and slapped em in the face... AvP 2010! remember that... SEGA, they blamed Rebellion for that one too.... but no funny how those companies work great on games when SEGA dont get involved, sure they have had their own mistakes over the years but they more than make up for it...

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

So much for all the replies to me saying the lawsuit was dead..................

Quote from: Ace781 on Sep 04, 2014, 02:00:03 PM
u people do realise it was SEGA that decided to delete the code, that ruined the game from its original form dont you... or are you so blinded by SEGA's BS as their sheep...

if Gearbox had been allowed to release the version they were making instead of the version SEGA had changed their minds in wanting for example "Call of Duty" with Xeno's which was clear that fans did not want another CoD game especially since they wanted something more true to what GBX was creating anyway...

it isn't the first time SEGA has done this sort of under handed bad business decision and it flipped up and slapped em in the face... AvP 2010! remember that... SEGA, they blamed Rebellion for that one too.... but no funny how those companies work great on games when SEGA dont get involved, sure they have had their own mistakes over the years but they more than make up for it...

Randy, is that you?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

it was a joke when I said it

but you guys are probably young enough you have no idea what getting foxed is anyhow. 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Oh, what a tangled web we weave...

Razz

Razz

Who'd of thought that ACM would continue to be the shit stain on Sega's white shirt for this long. This is pretty hilarious.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Razz on Sep 05, 2014, 05:24:58 AM
Who'd of thought that ACM would continue to be the shit stain on Sega's white shirt for this long. This is pretty hilarious.

I love it. I hope Gearbox burns now that SEGA is trying to drag them through the mud.

I preordered

I preordered

i then purchased and played the game.  is there a check coming in the mail for 60$ or somethin?  lol.    the new alien isolation game looks good.

:P

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

QuoteSega didn't, however, address the claim that Gearbox "paid millions" of their own money into the game.

So why the f**k did it became such a shameless rip-off after all the proud and bold words from, I dunno, Gearbox rather than SEGA?
Get your act together, Randy.

Quoteu people do realise it was SEGA that decided to delete the code, that ruined the game from its original form dont you... or are you so blinded by SEGA's BS as their sheep...

You realise AvP '10 was pushed out the door premature to make up for ACM's new delay late 2009? It's called distraction. AvP '10 looked reasonable but played like a 90's shooter (and not the good way of that either).

Now, SEGA is only to blame for not keeping a short leash on both, both companies (Rebellion and Gearbox) are to blame for putting out mediocre games with all the attention gone to the obviously wrong components of the game.

But Gearbox... After all the proud words and bold statements they used the money to spark up Borderlands (another midway-overhaul BTW, ring a bell?) and let other companies fix the game for them without any central management or direction, which is something I hold them responsible for, not SEGA.

Gearbox won't see another dime from me. Rebellion close second. After AvP'99 they released another game that barely passed as tech-demo.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

AvP 2010 wasn't that bad. Granted it wasn't everything I had hoped for but it did have it's moments.

I agree that Alien Isolaion could be the AAA we have been waiting for, although I do have some concerns and am trying to keep my expectations in check.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Xenoscream on Sep 09, 2014, 09:36:22 AM

I agree that Alien Isolaion could be the AAA we have been waiting for
This highly depends. Some people want more AvP gameplay or true Colonial Marines experience. Not everybody is begging for another Amnesia clone.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 09, 2014, 10:04:04 AM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Sep 09, 2014, 09:36:22 AM

I agree that Alien Isolaion could be the AAA we have been waiting for
This highly depends. Some people want more AvP gameplay or true Colonial Marines experience. Not everybody is begging for another Amnesia clone.

Fair point. Although I wouldn't really call it an Amnesia clone, it's already been established you have weapons, craftables, other enemies, NPCs. I still have to finish that game...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed