Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes

Started by Keyes, Sep 07, 2012, 02:23:44 PM

Author
Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes (Read 26,187 times)

Vickers

Quote from: departedhero20 on Sep 08, 2012, 10:25:11 AM
Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 08, 2012, 10:17:53 AM
It was too good to be true. :'(

:-\yeah i agree with you i just hope somewher along the line a directors cut or extended cut whatever u wanna call it comes out if not that will be a first for Ridleys blurays lol since pretty much every movie he has made has an extended cut lol. :laugh:

"...somewhere along the line..."

I don't like those words.  Even if it's a year of waiting, it's still too long. :-\

departedhero20

true. but i rather see it released then not at all lol

Highland

Seems so pointless NOT to do one. It's almost like the opposite of whatever the fans say happens  :D

I mean the shits on the disc, I'm sure in this day and age of video editing tools, he could have shoved the scenes back in and printed it by the time he'd smoked his cuban.

That's assuming it's even worthwhile watching though. Probably not.

Vickers

It can't be worse than the theatrical cut though.  I would imagine it would improve the film at least a tiny bit.

Darth Vile

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 08, 2012, 11:36:27 AM
It can't be worse than the theatrical cut though.  I would imagine it would improve the film at least a tiny bit.
That's quite ridiculous... So Ridley Scott purposely left a better movie on the cutting room floor?   ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 08, 2012, 01:28:55 PM
That's quite ridiculous... So Ridley Scott purposely left a better movie on the cutting room floor?   ;)

In Ridley's opinion, what we got was then better movie :P

Vickers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 08, 2012, 01:32:56 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 08, 2012, 01:28:55 PM

In Ridley's opinion, what we got was then better movie :P

Exactly.

And let's not forget that movie studios often collaborate with directors to cut films down to fit in as many showings as possible per day.

And Ridley has stated before that first and foremost he is a "business man."  His is focused on pleasing the studios first and then himself and then the fans.

So, I don't think Ridley is above purposely leaving a better film on the cutting room floor.  How many times have you seen Ridley films get extended cuts?  Blade Runner and Kingdom of Heaven were both better in their newer cuts.

Nightmare Asylum

Now lets just hope it doesn't take as long for Prometheus as it did for Blade Runner ;)

Vickers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 08, 2012, 03:02:01 PM
Now lets just hope it doesn't take as long for Prometheus as it did for Blade Runner ;)

:'(

departedhero20

if anyone mANAGES TO GET A COPY OF THIS AND IS AN EXTENDED RELEASE PLEASE LET US KNOW. EVEN THOUGH I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.  >:(

Stratocaster

Will Itunes eventually make this availible in Canada? ???

LarsVader

Why don't they just friggin' tell people if there's gonna be an extended cut released this year or not?

zuzuki

The recently leaked version is the theatrical cut, no extra scenes

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: LarsVader on Sep 09, 2012, 02:27:58 AM
Why don't they just friggin' tell people if there's gonna be an extended cut released this year or not?

More profitable to announce it after everyone buys a copy?

Darth Vile

It was never going to be a directors cut of the movie... And it's not like the marketing for the home market campaign is going to promote it by saying "here it is... The non directors cut version for the first time on blu-ray".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed