William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,751 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 02, 2019, 05:14:14 PM
I hope Local Trouble has read this issue. Its chuck full of Skull, he'll love it. :laugh:

#❤TheSkull

I did notice, but I was able to cope by telling myself that's it not a true alien.  In fact, I was hoping for even more differences between the two than what the comic gave us.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Wasnt it just a regular alien in the script?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

No, it was described as a "hybrid," but Gibson kept it vague.  Presumably to give the creature designers just enough to let their creative juices run with.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The first draft describes it as looking like a regular alien, and there's more than one of them. The second draft has only one and doesn't really describe it at all.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I must agree with the above. I was hoping for some more noticeable or significant differences in the design. It's going to make the

Spoiler
fight between the two Aliens confusing
[close]

if I'm remembering that draft correectly.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2019, 11:49:51 AM
Yeah, I must agree with the above. I was hoping for some more noticeable or significant differences in the design. It's going to make the

Spoiler
fight between the two Aliens confusing
[close]

if I'm remembering that draft correectly.

I think itll be a case of

Spoiler
One having a clearly visible Skull and Red eyes and the other just looking like a Normal Warrior
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Wish the hybrid = Neomorph.

*Shrugs*

Nightmare Asylum

Haven't read this yet, though I've been picking up the issues. Gonna go through 1-4 just before the final issue releases. What I've seen of the art so far has left a lot to be desired, however.

The Old One

The Old One

Pass, concerning the TPB myself.
A friend's recieving the singles.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Honestly I've only been skimming through these as I like to wait until the last issue releases before doing a full read-through. I think the imagery of the Xenomorph transformations is pretty interesting, reminds me of a few werewolf portrayals.

The Old One

The Old One

Dislike it myself, narratively and visually.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Imagine the same series with art by Tristan Jones.

The Old One

The Old One

No TY.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Whens the next issue dropping?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed