NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,914 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Pass. The new 2019 sculpt ( 22" Big Chap) is almost identical to the 2015 reissue. The head sculpt looks different for this new 2019 version? I'm happy enough with the 2015 release.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I might be wrong, but I'm almost certain that the head sculpt is the exact same as the last version, just different dome coloring, depending on what version (there were two variants in 2015), the lips may be different.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The dome looks a different shape to the 2015 release. The air-brushed detailing, the length of the skull, (under the dome) is a definite improvement.

EDIT: Had another look at the images. The head and dome do look identical to the previous release - but improved by more detailed paint work. 

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: David's Creation on Jul 18, 2019, 08:49:42 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2019, 06:52:28 AM
They've also got an Ultimate Runner on show too.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/17/sdcc-2019-neca-aliens-and-predators-352765

*sat here patiently waiting for my Bull Alien*
Awesome awesome awesome.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the bull alien is the first alien figure I ever got.  Special place in my heart.  I actually thought the new rhino fig was the bull at first and was a little disappointed when I zoomed in.
the bull was my first. My brother got the queen a year before. I had the choice between the bull and the mantis.

GQSioux

GQSioux

The Resurrection Queen, Ripley, and Newborn are all now up on NECA's eBay store. No sign of the Warrior yet though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: bobcunk on Jul 31, 2019, 12:41:36 AM
Quote from: David's Creation on Jul 18, 2019, 08:49:42 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2019, 06:52:28 AM
They've also got an Ultimate Runner on show too.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/17/sdcc-2019-neca-aliens-and-predators-352765

*sat here patiently waiting for my Bull Alien*
Awesome awesome awesome.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the bull alien is the first alien figure I ever got.  Special place in my heart.  I actually thought the new rhino fig was the bull at first and was a little disappointed when I zoomed in.
the bull was my first. My brother got the queen a year before. I had the choice between the bull and the mantis.

The Bull was my first too. That's why I'm so keen on seeing NECA's take on it. I still remember finding it at a stall in an indoor market in my early teens. I still have it. Was going through one of my boxes of Alien/Predator stuff in preparation for my move and was glad to see it still in there.

Jenga

Jenga

This big 2019 big chap is so disappointing! The old sculpt was never as good as it should have been and this news was exciting until the pictures came and it's essentially the same bad/inaccurate sculpt with only a few minor changes. They should have started from ground zero on this one.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Yeah, that was never gonna happen... Looks like all the effort of new sculpting is going into getting out the Parker and Brett figures, eventually. I agree, disappointing knowing it's the 40th.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, just go purchase the MAFEX one instead is my advice.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The NECA Parker looks decent but Brett doesn't.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 24, 2019, 02:32:56 AM
I'd care more about the Resurrection Queen if it wasn't just a straight repaint. Like, the Queen in the movie at no point stands up like that (I mean, unless you count when Perez is looking at it through the glass and you kinda see part of its head). If it had been retooled to be flipped over on its back with the massive "pregnancy" belly, I'd be way more interested.
Maybe they'll go nuts and do egg sac versions of both Queens somewhere down the line.

SiL

SiL

To be fair:

The AR queen was a repaint, sans mouth tendons.
Putting her on her back would turn her into a diorama, not a Super Sexy Action Figure

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Aug 07, 2019, 01:22:44 AM
To be fair:

Putting her on her back would turn her into a diorama, not a Super Sexy Action Figure
Yeah but I have the 'Aliens' Queen action figure for that.

SiL

SiL

But it's not the right colour >:(

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 07, 2019, 02:40:41 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 07, 2019, 01:22:44 AM
To be fair:

Yeah but I have the 'Aliens' Queen action figure for that.

It's NECA we're talking about. They never go the extra mile when it's expected of them and they should, but always do when it's something random nobody ever expected.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed